Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Leasing a 2005 Evo??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one more thing..... www.scion.com
Old Jun 27, 2005, 05:25 PM

Like many people have said its not a wise decision to get an Evo for your first car. You want your first car to be practical and affordable for safety, insurance, and monetary reasons. MANY new drivers get into accidents...it just happens. I got into an accident when I was 16 and I know tons of other people who did as well. You arent going to want to spend money fixing an Evo, it will be ridiculous...plus the insurance alone, accident or none will be killer. I cant even believe your parents would consider getting you an Evo for your first car, unless they know nothing about the car and are naive to the fact that it is a car built strictly for performance. Since you said your parents wont get you a used car it sounds like they are concerned with safety and reliability. I know you want a fast car but you should really put more thought into it and maybe start out with something like an Accord or Camry or any other reasonable car. Good luck with whatever you get.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

When I was sixteen driving my car on a permit with my mom..i got a speeding ticket...i think they added 4 points to my moms license and mine..i still have to call up the MVC...but in the end..i had to learn the hard way of driving nice and slow....i had to learn when i asked for an insurance quote..lol...dont ever drive fast...my mom is crazy..
Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chase2000gt
The thought of a 16 Y/O driving a Evo for his first car, makes me sick.
Ditto. I started with a 84 rabbit, then graduated to a 86 corolla SR5. If I had any idea how popular drifting would become, I would have kept it.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

I don't undestand this mentality...."Well, I'm a good student, I deserve to drive a nice car" ? WTF, no you don't.

Some kids may have parents with $$ coming out their wazoo and if they want to spoil their kids rotten, then that's their call. Personally I think it's totally irresponsible to buy an Evo for a teenager, especially as a first car.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 05:35 PM

I agree it is fairly irresponsible for 16 year olds to be driving an Evo. As for myself, once I turn 18 this fall, I intend to buy a Evo 4, yes, you heard right. The only problem is trying to find insurance that won't be more than the car payment. Back to the point, if you look at the stories about kids in accidents there are several key points to consider: more than one person in the car, alcohol, inexperience. I have been driving since I was 12 (farm), I had plenty of experience and never got crazy with anyone in the car, showing off is stupid. Also, the only time I was pulled over was a week ago, in my pickup (65 in a 45), luckily the cop didn't have his radar on.

Moral of my story, any car can be driven fast, it takes experience to drive slow...