Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Leasing a 2005 Evo??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leasing a 2005 Evo??

Im 16 and My dad will not buy me a used car which is sad because I am really into the import performance scene so I opted for the Evo VIII because it already has alot of upgrades in it already. My dilema is that I was told that leasing the car would cost about $710 a month for 48 months which sounded like a miss to me?? I was wondering if anyone here has leased thier evo and if wouldnt mind tellin me how much the payment was a month your hellp is greatly appreciated

-Tan
Old Jun 25, 2005, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor

bud leasing this car would be a big mistake.. buy a 1st or 2nd gen dsm youll be happy.. unless you have a ton of money laying arond for payments and upkeep on the car.. he wont buy you a used car well then save your money and buy it yourself...
Old Jun 25, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
havent heard of someone leasing an evo. and for 710 / month, i dont think anybody would.

try to get your mom to give some money and get yourself a new evo 8
Old Jun 25, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

That is 34k just to lease, buy a used on for 23k (450mo). For your first car you are getting an evo?.
Buy something cheaper and tell dad in two years to get you a new one in a few years or after college.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 05:23 PM

for your first car i would get something less expensive because most likely you will need a car to learn on and I can see you getting in trouble with an evo..
Old Jun 25, 2005, 06:38 PM

A 16 yr. old driving an Evo is an accident waiting to happen. Please get something else.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Everyone missed that first sentence, his dad wont let him buy a USED car, so no DSM's for him. In that case, if you are looknig at sub 300$ a month payments on a new car, sorry bud but its not gonna be the EVO. Not unless you have 10-15k to put down. As much as I hate to say it, in fact there's a bad taste in my mouth....you MIGHT be able to pick up an SRT-4 for that price. You could also opt for a SE-R V Spec in that price range, ION Redline, or possibly a VW of some sort? Not sure how much those things go for.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 07:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Why does everyone jump down peoples throats about younger kids and their age. Just because he's 16 doesn't mean he doesn't know how to drive. A manual transmission is not rocket science to figure out. I learned in half an hour how to drive well enough to not even jerk the car. Didn't even stall one time, I'm not trying to prove anything but age has no bearing on skill. Some people have all the know how prior to and pick it up quickly. Like myself I'm 18, I learned on a Ford F-250 and I can drive anything now.

As for leasing an Evo, you are crazy I don't even think it's worth it to lease. Maintainence alone would make you regret it. On top of the payments that is. Good luck with whatever you choose though
Old Jun 25, 2005, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
Why does everyone jump down peoples throats about younger kids and their age. Just because he's 16 doesn't mean he doesn't know how to drive.

I can see your point, but you also have to remember what he is driving, and how MOST 15-20yo's drive their cars. Rough, fast, aggressivly, and in most cases, dangerous. The Evo may be a safe car, but it can do alot of damage to other people if involved in a serious accident. It would be best to work with a car that is slow, and work your way up to something more powerful, IMO.

So to the original thread starter... save your parents some heartache and some troubles, and get something that is cheap, and has parts readily available, and easy to repair. If you get a car your parents buy for you, most kids your age have no appreciation for what they are given. Abuse takes place, carelessness sets in, and accidents happen.

Just some wise words of advice, because Ive been there already.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:57 PM

You can't lease an EVO through Mitsubishi anyway, already tried on mine.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

The lease sucked the money factor was horrible.....not worth it.....payment is supposed to be cheaper on a lease.....just not with the Evo and I am sure you would want to mod and with a lease you can't.....
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scuba2001
I can see your point, but you also have to remember what he is driving, and how MOST 15-20yo's drive their cars. Rough, fast, aggressivly, and in most cases, dangerous. The Evo may be a safe car, but it can do alot of damage to other people if involved in a serious accident. It would be best to work with a car that is slow, and work your way up to something more powerful, IMO.
I'm 17, I drive an OZ Rally and making payments every month. I completely agree with your statement....if i had an evo, i wouldnt even have a license by now.....the OZ Rally is slow enough to keep me out of trouble, yet good looking enough to get some stares....when i graduate college...ill get an evo..another thing is INSURANCE...some of you guys forgot to mention...a 17 year old insurance policy..on top of that.. an EVO..lol...good luck with that
Old Jun 25, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

i know a 16 year old w/ an evo. he is one of the best drivers i have ever seen, don't doubt the kid
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:48 PM

The thought of a 16 Y/O driving a Evo for his first car, makes me sick.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:11 AM

First off.. a 16 year old should not be driving an Evo since im assuming this would be your first car and you could easily get careless with this car and wreck the car and even worse get really hurt or hurt someone else.. Second off, If I was going to be paying $710 a month for a leased car it better be like a M3 or something super nice. I love the Evo, but it's not worth $710 a month. If absolutely have to have an evo then just buy a used one. Many people on the forums are selling and also you should find a nice 03 or 04 for under $25,000. Get some experience behind the wheel and save up some money then buy your own Evo and by then you should be able to handle it. Good luck to ya!