Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Al from dynoflash is a joke!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt....
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

it's so sad that a man can not say what he feel without someone else **** all over it
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

I've never meet Al in person, only talked a few times on the phone. I have never had a problem with him. But I was going to have him road tune my Evo awhile back, but then after hearing the same story you just spoke of from other members and employee's from shops, I decided not to let him touch my car. I take good care of my stuff, not going to let someone who act's like a $2.00 an hour valet driver fuc*k up my car. You got better control then me, we would have gone to blows after that.

Sorry this happened to you.

Last edited by Evo Police; Jun 28, 2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Al does the same with every car he drives. He drove my friends Evo when he got custom tuned and I heard him take off...slipping the **** out the clutch. And he'd bang shifts with really sloppy clutch engagement like the original poster experienced.

When he drove my car...it was WET outside and he was trying to show me how well my car could corner, taking onramps and offramps at RIDICULOUS speeds. I was thinking to myself "Buddy, I know that the Evo is awesome and extremely capable. Why the hell are you showing it off to me. It is MY CAR afterall."

I thought for sure we were going to crash. It was really scary letting someone who's driving skill I didn't know or trust yet, never mind the fact that I don't even know him. I thanked god at the end of his test drive for letting my car come out unscathed because I surely thought we were going to die.

That is NO WAY to ****ing drive a customer's car. <mod edit>personal attack removed</mod edit>, but his product seems to be fine. That's the only reason he's in business. I wish turbotrix were closer

Last edited by Fourdoor; Jun 28, 2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JSYEVO
damn thats crazy, ive never heard anyhting bad about him before! so the mail in flash is ok though right?
HaHaHa.... Search!
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

holy hell i have been trying to get ahold of AL to do my car...he never answers pm's emails or anythign....now that i have read this...there is no way in hell i would let him touch my ****....if he did that to my car..someone is going to be locked in jail or in a hospital..
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

you tell him
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
Al does the same with every car he drives. He drove my friends Evo when he got custom tuned and I heard him take off...slipping the **** out the clutch. And he'd bang shifts with really sloppy clutch engagement like the original poster experienced.

When he drove my car...it was WET outside and he was trying to show me how well my car could corner, taking onramps and offramps at RIDICULOUS speeds. I thought we were going to crash. It was really scary letting someone who's driving skill I didn't know, never mind the fact that I don't even know him. I thanked god at the end of his test drive for letting my car come out unscathed because I surely thought we were going to die.

That is NO WAY to ****ing drive a customer's car. Al is a ****ing ***, but his product seems to be fine.

I too experienced the joy of taking on ramps at 80mph.... In my car without me driving it.. Something will happen sooner or later... It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.... unfortunatly....
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL MR
you tell him
lol
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evoland
To be honest I held Al pretty high in my book before this past weekend. He did a mail-in flash for me when I first got my evo and I really liked it. But then he lost me as a customer forever by his actions. I paid $100 deposit for him to fly out to the west coast(sacramento), but after he took my money I realized he wasn't even going to be at a performance shop with a dyno at all. I found out that we were just supposed to meet him at some hotel in Sac. That sounded ghetto to me, but I thought whatever he will just road tune my car. Well, there was an accident on the 50 freeway, so I was like 30 min. late and he wasn't even there. I was late tho, so I'm not worried. But then Al gets my car ready to road tune and gets in the drivers seat. He then drives out of the parking lot and down an semi-steep hill, he takes the driveway at no angle at all, just straight on, and smacks my front end on the ground. I was not happy. Then we drove like 1/4 mile and we realize the cigarette lighter isn't working so we had to go back. He turns around, then slams his foot on the gas and slams it from gear to gear, totally driving and shifting like he had never drove a exedy twin-disk in his life(I know he has). I was not happy. Then we drive up the hill he smacked my front end on again, he takes it at no angle again and luckily he didn't scrape. But....when he pulled back into the parking space he smacked my front bumper into the curb and then it went up on it. He then backed it up off the curb as it scraped coming down off it as well. He did all this and didn't even say sorry!! Well, I got my cigarette lighter working, and he got back in the drivers seat to road tune it again. I said "No I would really like to drive my car." He wouldn't let me saying "I don't let people drive me around." I'm like WTF, so I say well your not driving my car again after what you just did. He acted like he did nothing at all!! He gave me my money back for the tuning and I left, but I did not get my deposit back at all. And never once did I get an apology. I'm paying him for the tuning not the otrher way around. And unless I get a serious apology, me and none of my friends will never do business with Dynoflash and Al again. You messed with the wrong person Al!!

One other guy who got tuned earlier said Al was eating a burger, flooring it in 3rd, looking at the AFR's, and using his knee to steer all while tuning his car.
I am sorry that you are not satisfied.

Basically, I touched the front of your bumper into a cement curb in a parking spot when we were pulling in to park the car to fix your non working cigarete plug.

Its not often that I make that mistake - but it seems your car was very low.

Without a doubt my oversight.

When I felt the bumper touch the curb, I immediately stopped - and as we both looked, there was no damage what so ever to your bumper. If there was any damage done I would have paid.

You did not like my driving. I felt it was best to just offer you back your money and pass on this job. BTW - if you want a refund on your credit card paymkent just give me a call with your credit card info and I will process that for you.

There was no damage to your car - you did not like my driving your car we resolved this face to face shook hands and you left. Your post now is an exgageration and over dramatization. I would doubt if I exceeded 4,000 rpms on half throtle in you car driving about 200 feet. I am sorry for touching the curb - but i am just a human being and mistakes and accidents can occur. Lukcy for me and you no damage not even a scratch was caused.

BTW - just as an aside - I have now tuned over 1,000 Evos custom tuned - both street driven and dyno tuned and then tested on the street. Thus far, I have not crashed one car, no damage to any cars or any kind what so ever.

I do drive cars that I am testing very hard, and very fast. In order to make sure that they are working well and wont cause any problems for the customer I need to drive them hard. Boost cut, intercooler hose poping off, mis fire, etc etc can ONLY be diagnosed on full throttle driving. I would rather have the problem happen on my test drive than when the customer is driving home an hour later and 75 miles away.

And as a further point - those cars I tune on a dyno - MUST be driven ever harder and more carefully monitored duringa street tune to verify that the car is working well on the street.

I drive the cars personally as this way i can get a good feel on how the car is running based upon my experience.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

EVOLAND got something to say to that??
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you guys every had someone else drive your car with you in it?
Whenever my girl drives my car i feel the same way.
No one will drive YOUR car as safe as you do.

he does own you an apology.
but the deposit is all his.
Old Jun 28, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Both interested parties have had their say.

Thread locked.

Keith