Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

A 2003, 21K Evo for $10,300 ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2005, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by burningmoney97
if it sounds to be good to be true, then it probably is .....
+1
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:25 PM

Thanks all.. After reading you comments I feel the same way... It must be a SCAM. There are no working phone numbers that I can contact him at and there is no possible way he can sell it for that cheap.. Even if there was something majorly wrong with it, it still could not be that cheap.

There were actually two ads with the same Car.. Both were seemed like scams. The first one was actually $8100... Which is BS..

I'm not going in on this one....
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

SALVAGE TITLE CAR!

DONT BUY!
Old Jun 29, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

isnt that electric blue? they didnt even make that color in 03. typical internet scam, youll come across a lot of these if your looking to buy a car.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

most likely a scam. If you try to contact him he will probably say that he is in a different country and some other bs.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

no its a BBY

i say download a spambot and spam his email and AOL messenger just b/c hes a dick

hmmm maybe i will just go ahead and do that myself ahah
Old Jun 29, 2005, 07:25 PM

probably a rallisport with some gay body kit
Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:36 PM

Well Here is the response. Out of Town in London, and needs cash immediately. I probed him further and no response.... oh yeah... shipping included... What a deal!!!! I think not...

"Hello,

If you want to see the car i will have to come to NY, but i don't want to make the trip unless i have a buyer for the car, so if you decide to buy the car i will come to NY and we can arrange a meeting or I can ship the car, but i will need the payment to be done before, as i don't want to make the trip in vain.I've said the car is in perfect mechanical and esthetically condition.I know that $8,100 is a big amount so,to get this started I need a deposit of $4,000 for the car.As soon as the deposit checks out I will take a plane to US and take care of things.The car have only 19,800 miles.

I am a Square Trade member and I want to make the deal thru them.They will act like a THIRD PARTY and we will be both protected. I will give you a few days to test the car and to see that nothing is wrong with it.I made few deals on eBay and Cars in this way and it worked very well.
Here are the steps of the deal :

1.The Seller will open the transaction --> 2.The buyer has to make the payment to Square Trade Financial Department --> 3.The Seller will receive the confirmation that the payment is done --> 4.The seller will ship the item to the buyer and he has 5 days to test check it -->5.The buyer will contact Square Trade to tell them if he is satisfied or not --> 6.Square Trade will release the money to the seller(in case the buyer is satisfied) and to the buyer(in case that he is not satisfied).

So,please wrote this email twice and let me know.I hope you agree with me,because I think that it is the best way to protect both(seller and buyer).
Just email me back and let me know"
Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Thats pretty much the same thing the person said to me. He also told me the reason he was selling for so cheap was because he was out of the US now and it would cost way too much money to get the car up to spec for the country he was in. SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

I wonder if you could report him to the authorities as a scam artist and they track the person down. Squaretrade if they are a real company sounds like they have an inside person working with the scam artist that pull this crap. They should be investigated too. REPORT BOTH OF THEM.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:07 PM

Hahaha... What does pretty much everybody here say? IT'S A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is only one of the hundreds of ways to scam people online. It's only human nature to be curious and want to believe the other person and give them a benefit of a doubt. If only we could reach into our computer and grab the perpetuator and kick the crap out of him or her. hehe

Read this:
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.h...3:01:24%202005

Darwin Alerts:

SQUARE TRADE DOES NOT PERFORM ESCROW. IF SELLERS TELL YOU TO USE "SQUARE TRADE", IT'S A SCAM
EBAY DOES NOT DO ESCROW. ANY BOGUS ESCROW WITH EBAY IN THE NAME IS A SCAM
Never EVER use any service recommended by the other party in your transaction!
eBay and Square Trade NEVER email you to certify a SPECIFIC "seller" as good
eBay and Square Trade NEVER tell you to use Western Union to pay for purchases
Square Trade would NEVER tell you fax them a Western Union MTCN# from any payment

One other scam is someone posing to buy your vehicle. That happened to me when I was trying to sell my XC90. The person said he would buy it at my asking price. In fact, have a check made $5,000 more than my asking price. Once I receive the check, I have to wire back $5,000. I laughed when I got the email because I knew of the scam already. The check will never actually clear. Anyway... these people will get so many responses and try to sell so many different cars... eventually someone gullible fool will fall victim.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

too good to be true, that is why the price is so dam low
Old Jun 30, 2005, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by securitron81
probably a rallisport with some gay body kit
What's a rallisport?
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

most likely this guy doesn't live in the US or UK, has never even seen an Evo, and wants ur $$$

wonder if theres anything about this type of scam on www.thescambaiter.com... hmmm
Old Aug 31, 2005, 10:40 PM

SCAM SCAM Thats what i think
Old Aug 31, 2005, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8ny
SCAM SCAM Thats what i think
This thread is from JUNE and it was already clarified to be a scam. Why bring back an old thread?