Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

is it wise to use water/alcohol injection with 110 octane fuel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2005, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it wise to use water/alcohol injection with 110 octane fuel?

good afternoon.

i am helping to build/tune a turbo Hyabusa Diazo road race car. we are currently getting fairly close to finishing the project; i have a question concerning water/alcohol injection use....

car is currently running at 12 lbs of boost; it has a custom designed turbo with intercooler; it is running on 110 octane fuel.

my everyday driver, a 2003 evo, runs a home designed water injection system. i run 93 octane fuel on this car, and the water injection really seems to help to quell any unwanted detonation, etc. runs really nice!

would a good water/alcohol system be worth the weight, in a turbo hyabusa powered road racer running on 110 octane fuel? the owner would like to eventually tune it to 16 to 18 lbs boost..... i just need to find out if the 110 octane fuel makes it pointless to run the water injection also (is there a benefit to running the water injection on top of the race fuel)?

thanx for any good info you might be able to give!

todd