Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2005, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maintenance

hey, i was just wondering how much are the maintenance costs on an evo? my bro has an m3 smg and his maintenance costs are crazy. so if anyone can break down maintenance of the evo, what needs to be replaced often and reliabilitity issues i would appreciate it.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

well if you buy a new Evo...04 or great I believe the first 4 years of maintenance are free...atleast they were for me Maintenance according to the Mitsubishi manual is every 5k miles...
Old Jul 12, 2005, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

They really arent that bad as long as you are somewhat mechanically inclined and can do it yourself (Oil changes, Transfer case/ Tranny fluid changes, Air Filter, Tire Rotation, Spark Plugs, etc.). The bigger cost is replacing the clutch and tires, and that kinda depends on how you drive it.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=yearly+cost

Try searching.

This should be a good start. Hope it helps.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

If you take it to mitsu dealers it's not even that expensive... especially if you go buy all the fluids for them to use from Walmart. Tire rotation a 12 year old could do to some extent on their own on this car... it's awd, so you just swap worn tires with less worn ones (usually front to back)... Air filter even I can handle on my own and know that i'm doing it right and I can't even do my own oil change and trust myself. I drive really hard and track race and my clutch still grabs at 22000 miles, just don't try to launch it too much and you probably won't cook it. Oh, and the stock tires are **** expensive to replace and wear out fast, but if you get a different set then you'll be golden.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 01:49 PM

On the newer '04 or 05 cars do the dealers still try to push the prepaid oil changes? I think they called it.....speed pass or something like that?

Anyway I remember it worked out to be liek $90 each for an oil change and a tire rotation...ridiculous.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jw461
On the newer '04 or 05 cars do the dealers still try to push the prepaid oil changes? I think they called it.....speed pass or something like that?

Anyway I remember it worked out to be liek $90 each for an oil change and a tire rotation...ridiculous.
Well may of us got the free 3yr/45k maintenance, so we didn't even have to look at the Pit Pass.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Well may of us got the free 3yr/45k maintenance, so we didn't even have to look at the Pit Pass.
Was that a Mitsubishi Motors thing or the dealerships just gave that out?