Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Alternative to MBC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:18 PM
DCD
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBC vs upgraded actuator

I have been looking around for ideas to upgrade my power a little, and everyone says MBC set to about 21psi is a good place to start.

Has anyone tried upgrading the actuator? I had a S15 and it was a really popular mod to get the HKS actuator and set that to get more boost, as well as hold the boost through the upper rev range.

Now I'm not even sure if there are after market actuators like HKS ones for the Evo 8 but has anyone tried this?

Last edited by DCD; Jul 12, 2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

i believe that buschur racing just recently came out with a new actuator that will hold something like 23lbs to redline....go here www.buschurracing.com i'm pretty sure you'll find it there
Old Jul 12, 2005, 06:03 PM
DCD
Evolving Member

Cool thanks for the link, they don't have anything on their site yet, but I'll keep an eye on it. Has anyone actually tried an actuator solution instead of a Manual Boost controller?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

There are a few people but not as many that use MBCs.

The Buschur is set at 26psi and is not adjustable. But Jarrod told me it will hold 26 psi to redline without any taper, which is very cool. I still get a taper with my MBC.

Forge also makes an adjustable one.