Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hate for evo RS ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

ur paying for the car. his mom and dad probably bought it for him or maybe his domestica partner did. heh heh. be proud of what u have, alot of guys wish they had an evo.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

RS,GSR, MR, doesn't matter to me, I envy you all.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 03EvoVIII
Since I have actually seen it with my own eyes you must know more than me. I went to the parts dept. to get my touch up paint they typed in my VIN and voila the computer screen had 2003 lancer Evoltion VIII GSR right on top of the screen.
Ha, did I touch a nerve? I'll try the parts thing Monday. That still doesn't change the fact that it is known as an "VIII" in the U.S. when I or anyone else buys the car. Parts might be a different matter because they do have a lot in common with JDM vehicles. Call it whatever you want. When it was the only model available in '03, they didn't bother putting a trim level on it. GSR only really makes sense when there is a RS or MR to differentiate it from, which there wasn't in '03. They never bothered changing it later.

Last edited by GPTourer; Jul 16, 2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Well, considering the RS was voted as the best bang for the buck on the planet, I'd say you got a nice ride.

The funny thing is that it was probably faster than his GSR.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Plus in 10+ years or so when everybody is removing there abs to save weight and there rear passenger window stops working, you'll be one step ahead of the game
I like the RS just for the fact there is less stuff to go wrong (coming from a DSM this is a good thing)
ed
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

i find nothing wrong wit the RS model....the reason why i got a gsr because it was more of a daily drive. how can a fellow evo member hate on evos? that guy is an assshole.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This is very ironic, I had a heavily modded WRX and I drove to the dealer to test drive a 05 RS possibly with the optional urban jungle(now days the 05 comes with it). The price for the RS was going to be perfect, here in Tucson the A/C is a must.

Anyway, they did not have neither the GSRevo 8 or the EVO8 RS and the only car available for test drive was the EVO8 MR(car that I drive today).

I don't regret what I drive today, but the bottom line is that either way all 3 Evos are bad *** cars. RS to MR is a big jump on money, some people can't really afford the difference of price however you cna be as happy to drive a RS than a MR.

That guy that walked away from you was a $ick, disregard his comments, the RS is a great car and like you said, that was the best bang for you buck at the time.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

are you serious? and u let him get away? i woulda shot him... well ur prolly a better driver anyways
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
Ha, did I touch a nerve? I'll try the parts thing Monday. That still doesn't change the fact that it is known as an "VIII" in the U.S. when I or anyone else buys the car. Parts might be a different matter because they do have a lot in common with JDM vehicles. Call it whatever you want. When it was the only model available in '03, they didn't bother putting a trim level on it. GSR only really makes sense when there is a RS or MR to differentiate it from, which there wasn't in '03. They never bothered changing it later.
No, you didn't touch a nerve, I'm just stating fact from an actual experience. But no matter what trim level of "VIII" someone has it is still a bad *** ride....
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 03EvoVIII
I'm just stating fact from an actual experience.
So was I. Not many people get to see the build sheets and order confirmation screens for their cars. I could even tell you what boat your car came over on if you gave me the last 8 of your VIN. Those two internal inventory aspects of the cars, plus the actual lack of any mention of it on the cars themselves or the manuals was all I was getting at. Parts may be a different matter.

P.S. they never made/sold ANY RS's here without A/C.

Last edited by GPTourer; Jul 16, 2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

So was I. Not many people get to see the build sheets and order confirmation screens for their cars. I could even tell you what boat your car came over on if you gave me the last 8 of your VIN. Those two internal inventory aspects of the cars, plus the actual lack of any mention of it on the cars themselves or the manuals was all I was getting at. Parts may be a different matter.
Its cool, I guess we can agree to disagree.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

What state do you live in?? Oh forget it.. No comment then... Hahahaha..

That dude was a schmuck, dont let it get to you...
Old Jul 16, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

the rs is hot and it looks sick with wheels and being lowered, he just a little ***** talking ****, anyway good job just even having an evo.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 01:39 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**** mods delete the thread about the other side of the story
Old Jul 16, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

P.S. they never made/sold ANY RS's here without A/C.

Listen to the man, he knows what he's talking about.

There was no urban jungle package, all RS's had AC. GSR does not exsist in the US only the VIII. the GSR in Japan is more comepareable to the USDM MR. But the USDM MR is miss a lot of compareable options like AYC. and the MR in japan is nothing more than an upgraded package for the JDM GSR.

And not only can someone tell what boat your came over on the can tell what time it came off the boat and who inspected it. In fact the Vin # can be traced to the dealer, trucking company, shipping company, the date it was manufactured, and which employees were on the assembly line that day.

Oh yea last thing what's up with that guy dissing an RS, he should be giving props. Not too many people have the ***** to get an RS.

Quick Reply: hate for evo RS ?