Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sad story....are there any links that have more details??
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

People are killed every day on the roads. So somebody in an Evo gets killed. It sucks, but it is a fact of life. When you drive, you take a risk. It is the most dangerous tasks that Americans partake in. Like it or not, when your time comes, there is no changing fate.

Fatalism is a ***** ****a!

Of course, your risk factors are increased exponentially when you engage yourself in high risk behavior such as doing 100 on Southern California roads.

Last edited by BADWRX; Jul 17, 2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, too bad we don't have a track to run on here in Dayton other than Kil-kare dragstrip, no road course. Mid Ohio said that you have to be a club to have an open track day and pay to get in. I'd pay $50 or more just for a day on Mid Ohio's track. If anyone has any good ideas on how we can get on Mid Ohio's track, please someone let the rest of us know. If we could get about 20 or 30 (or more) Evo owners locally to get this together, it would be great.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone seen these pics
Attached Thumbnails EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area-black.bmp   EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area-1.bmp   EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area-2.bmp   EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area-untitled.bmp  
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Damn thats bad Reminds me just a couple weeks ago we had an srt-4 crash around here.. Car hit a building and the speedometer was pegged at 130. Pretty sure this crash killed 2 people on impact.

You really have to be careful out there.. I learned my lesson years ago in my 2g DSM sliding into a guard rail @ 55mph.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:50 AM

Its hard not to have fun on the road. But we all have to be careful. Even if some other guy in a car is messing with you dont race in traffic. Its not fair to the other people on the road. And if we want any respect at all we cant be racing around putting other people in danger.
In an Evo every moded car wants to race Pick and choose but never in traffic.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

yup its really sad about all these racing deaths on the street i know its fun but i gave all that stuff up cause i was at a street race a few years ago and my freind was racing this other kid and a car pulled out from a side street and my friend couldnt slow down quick enough and he swerved to avoid the car and he ended up rolling the and hitting the car he was racing killing himself and the other racer got sever injuries ever sence i wont even go to street races anymore
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

damn guys, that sucks i mean i like to press the car once and a while but thats usually on desserted streets late at night. i dont think wrecking my 30,000 dollar car and plus endangering my life is worth it.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Take it easy on the roads guys.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:46 PM
Evolving Member

sux, feelings for the families involved.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/Sto...969173,00.html

Man dies after car hits SUV at stoplight

LA HABRA -- A 20- year-old man died Saturday when the car he was driving rear-ended an SUV stopped at a red light, injuring the female driver, La Habra police said.
Witnesses said they saw a black Mitsubishi Lancer traveling at a high rate of speed and weaving in and out of traffic on Whittier Boulevard, said Cindy Knapp of the La Habra Police Department.

The car struck the back of a Ford Explorer stopped at a red light at North Monte Vista Street next to La Habra High School shortly after 6 p.m., Knapp said.

The impact of the crash pushed the Explorer into an older model Ford pickup truck stopped at the light in front of it, she said.

The driver of the Lancer was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the Explorer was taken to a hospital, where her condition was not immediately available.

The driver of the pickup truck was uninjured, she said.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:55 PM

you know people like this make me sick..really i want one of these cars soooo bad and it was even black...this dumb a$$ goes and acts foolish and kills the car and himself...whats wrong with people these days??? if you have something to prove about your car take it to the track....my mom was even pissed when we seen this on tv beacause she knows im working hard for one...i just hope people learn...
Old Jul 17, 2005, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Wow sad news,right next to my house and I own a tarmac black...

Guys be safe out there...
Old Jul 17, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Halleys
Has anyone seen these pics
So sad to hear this bad news. I really feel for the driver's parents as they must be feeling an enormous amount of guilt since they more than likely helped their son buy the car that ultimately took his life. I guess I should say his actions took his life not the car. My thoughts and prayers go out to all parties involved.

Those pics look like the ones's I saw on wreckedexotics.com a long time ago.

Dave
Old Jul 17, 2005, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

I don't care if I get flamed, but I have little remorse, because he makes my life and others in our age group lives tougher who are more responsible. Yes, I know it's an EVO, but this kind of irresponsibility happens EVERYDAY, from the weak Hyundai Accent to the powerful Chevrolet Corvette.

Quick Reply: EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area