Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2005, 03:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by plokivos
If they didn't make those gad damn SUV's that mom's don't know how to drive, maybe this incident could of been all voided.

I put the blame on the slow moving, less responsive, dangerous SUV's more than anything.

It probably pull in front of the Evo or something.
thats an excellent point, we don't know what happened, maybe the evo throttle got stuck, maybe the suv driver purposefully tried to create an accident, suv drivers are always trying stuff like that.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 03:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to be an SUV driver, an I know I pulled out in front of a couple people that I definately should not have. Sometimes we forget how slow our cars are to get onto the road. That very well could have been a major factor. Regardless of whose fault it was, there is no excuse to be doing 100+ on surface streets in the city. Period. Drive safe and sh*t like this won't happen.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

well, I guess our insurance is going to go up AGAIN!!!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
If they didn't make those gad damn SUV's that mom's don't know how to drive, maybe this incident could of been all voided.

I put the blame on the slow moving, less responsive, dangerous SUV's more than anything.

If you read the article here that was posted on page 2 you would see that the young lady was STOPPED at a red light and this idiot HIT HER, then hit the tree. As much as I hate women in SUV's, this one wasn't her fault.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

I can feel my insurence rates climbing because of this terd....
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

I always pull out in front of people in the Cayenne Turbo. that thing shouldnt even be called an suv it should be a jacked up car on 22" HREs
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Dont be an idiot. Guy in the evo was driving like a j@ck@ss and hit a lady at a red light. Maybe that stupid SUV driver shuoldnt have been waiting at a red light huh. Jeez, the nerve of some people, I mean stoping at a red light.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:39 AM

Yeah stuff like this definatly makes you think, cuz I passed an SUV like a ford excursion doing 30 less than triple the speed limit, and they swerved almost right into me, so I had to into the suicide lane and almost lost control, but let off and brought it right back, but still in traffic or on any road where there's cars... HELL NO... I'd rather gamble in vegas, but sympothy to the famz of those who crashed
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:42 AM

oh yeah, and I think personally that I hate mini vans more than SUVs...
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Natural selection at work. Don't drive stupid.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

this is sad, but I suppose someone has to die like this from time to time in order for the rest of us to WAKE UP!

I am kindof a risk taker in daily driving, but I will definitely be driving safer after hearing this.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

well the article does not say how fast the driver was going WHEN he hit the suv. and you are listening to the media that i am sure wants to make this evo driver out to be the bad guy. as evidence of their article mentioning that witnesses said they saw him weaving in and out of traffic. the media and police tries to push their "perfect society" on us with unfounded information like this. the police were told by witnesses who then told the paper. have you ever told someone something, they tell somone, they tell someone, and when it gets to you again the story has changed to benefit the person's point of view? humans can't stand being wrong. what could have happened was a young kid was driving a fast looking car above the speed limit all the while passing cars. witnesses claimed he was weaving in and out of traffic and the article made it sound like he was driving like a madman. he came up to a stop light that was red and about to turn green. witnesses said it was a red light. he went to roll through the light when it turned green and the suv started to change lanes. something we all do since we know we can pull up to a light at 50 and stop in a 50 ft. no witnesses saw this. evo clipped rear end of the suv and suv hit truck in front of them. if he was going a 100 and hit a stopped suv more injuries and accidents would have occured. it is however an unfortunate event. thankfully no one else was killed or severly hurt. don't shame this guy's name and family because you listen to the media word for word. he might not have been driving that bad. it might have just been unlucky how he hit the suv. and the cops certainly can't hear his side of story and are only hearing the story from people who have something to gain by putting the blame on him. not saying this kid wasn't driving like a madman and decided not to stop, it could have happened just like the article elouded. but how likely is it that someone with a car like ours did not see five bright red lights and brakes and two stopped cars in an intersection.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

DamN!!! NO GOOD!
He didnt have his seatbelt on?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 08:43 AM

I do agree with NapervilleEVO about how the cars we drive can be biastly persecuted in these situations. People seeing your car and assume you drive fast and recklessly. Its like those Toyota Celica commercials. I allowed my girlfriends father drive my car, which he loved by the way. Said it was one of the best driving experiences hes had. (Coming from a guy who used to race speed bikes and has a built 4 speed Drag 67' stingray) He wants to buy one now. But as we were ending the drive i was explaining to him how people give you little respect especially the older generation. He was driving my car nice and slow making a left turn while a guy was making a rolling stop way over the line- And Yells "hey slow down" I'm not kidding when i say we were driving slow, If we were in any other car maybe one of those huge *** gas wasting SUV's he might not have said anything
Old Jul 19, 2005, 07:13 AM

I think no matter who you are, it's almost impossible to not be able to drive our cars, and well, but NapervilleEVO and sMIThSUBISHI23 both make good points, and the media and all that crap is gunna find all sorts of ways to try to bring a bad outlook on our cars and tuners in general, I mean come on...

Quick Reply: EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area