Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
*sigh*... may he rest in peace...
=*(
Old Jul 19, 2005, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos
If they didn't make those gad damn SUV's that mom's don't know how to drive, maybe this incident could of been all voided.

I put the blame on the slow moving, less responsive, dangerous SUV's more than anything.

It probably pull in front of the Evo or something.
this has to be one the most intelligent post I've read from you
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:14 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down

you know how i feel about suv's.

I don't care if that EVO was racing a f-16 fighter pilot, going 300 mph, it's still the SUV's fault.

They should get rid of the SUV's. Every accident that I see that people in sedan gets blamed are with the SUV's.

It could be that the drivers driving while talking on the cell phone, drinking coffee, turning around to yell at the kids, whatever, it always happens inside the SUV, and it's some distracted driver driving that SUV.

And if you're doing the speed limit and all of a sudden some SUV pull in front of you because they can't see your car from the rear view mirror (like hummer), and you run into it, and you're by yourself in a sports car and SUV was driven by some soccer mom who's distracted in 10 different ways while driving this un-responsive giant hunk of metal crap, you still get blamed for it.

Cops don't give a shlt what really happened, they've already made their decision before they even get there.

If my red evo that has all this stuff in it (mods) drives into a soccer mom's SUV because she was going 100mph in the highway, then pull in front of me and stopped heavily (because she doesn't know what she's doing or even paying attention to the cars around her) and we get into an accident, who do you think they're gonna blame?

yeh, SUV should be banned. You don't understand how many times I've got into an accident because some a hole in an SUV pulls out in front of me doing 2 mph while the on-coming traffic's 2 feet from it.

not only that the SUV coming into my freaking lane on the highway, because they can't see shlt out of that big car, beause the soccer mom drivers 5 foot 4 and the steering wheel is well over her face.

NO SUV's.

I don't blame the EVo owner at all. I blame the SUV owners for being just about the most ignorant people in the world.

When was the last time you saw a good driver that drives an SUV?

I haven't yet. And that's how I feel about the SUV's.

If you don't like it, sell your Evo and go get you an Explorer or something and flip over and explode.

Last edited by plokivos; Jul 19, 2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
If they didn't make those gad damn SUV's that mom's don't know how to drive, maybe this incident could of been all voided.

I put the blame on the slow moving, less responsive, dangerous SUV's more than anything.

It probably pull in front of the Evo or something.
Oh man...yeah, eyewitness reports and a stoplight with multiple vehicles at it..it MUST be the SUV DRIVERS FAULT. If you're going obviously WAY too fast (fact) and you don't have enough time to stop for cars AT AT LIGHT, you sir, are at fault.

Last edited by Azure; Jul 19, 2005 at 08:38 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

I have a hard time seeing some stop lights over suvs... i dont think this kid was doing anything wrong.. just a bad accident, exactly the same that could happen to anyone on this forum with so many dousche bags in large vision obstructing suvs on the road. Maybe this guy was trying to get around all the a holes in their over sized trucks so he could actually see the road in front of him and not get sprayed with rocks.. he pulls out from behind one to try and pass and end up in the back of another.

Last edited by bdking57; Jul 19, 2005 at 08:49 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:45 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what is this the "smart a ss" convention?

you guys could call me stupid but you can't make a clear statement without being sarcastic? or give some intelligent statement about your point of view?

read your last 100 posts and read my last 100 posts. and tell me how stupid i am compare to what you've posted here.

and yes, i hate that too, i can't see the car in front of me, the suv brake late, they stop randomly, brake often.

Last edited by plokivos; Jul 19, 2005 at 08:49 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

do most of us hate suvs? hell yea! do the suv drivers suck major donkey *****? hell yea! myself and friends have come upon many instances where some male/female idiot in an suv was being an ignorant and overconfident butthole...i've seen an suv pull out of a parking lot onto a busy street 2 cars in front of me and got hit by a civic that was in the lane next to me, the stupid lady in the suv couldn't see the damn civic eventhough she sat way up high there in her stupid tank. but i've seen ppl driving cars who are just as bad.
in this case, as far as we're being told, the suv was STOPPED. so how can that be their fault? haven't u ever seen or heard of an accident like that before? especially involving old geezers who rearend cars that are stopped completely.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

its not the fault of the parked suv.. but they are still a contributor to the problem.. you cannot see 100yards in front of you because the highway has become a sea of suvs.. you cant see down the road! There is should be a height restriction on passenger vehicles.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:07 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
WTF! Before, it was internet bench racing. Then, it was internet horse power comparison. Now, it's internet judment.

If you based your judment solely on what been told from media, you're very foolish. You can get info from them but to make judment about a situation, you'll need more than that. Period.

You have to know the story why the guy got into an accident, not assuming what'd been told.

Yes! I do hate SUV. I beleive most of people driving it doesn't have enough skill to manipulate it. It's a damm big and heavy vehicle that required more skill to drive it safe like regular car. Damm! and it's smoggy.

Last edited by G20; Jul 19, 2005 at 09:10 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:23 AM

Well this is getting slightly off topic, But Jello Biafra the lead singer of the Dead Kennedy's, although the band has broken up has run for President several times since 88'. One of his main perposed ideas was to make SUV's completely illegal. The last time I think he ran was 2000 with the green party. Hes a pretty smart guy, I don't know how many other punk fans there are on this forum.

Not to get off topic from this horrible tragedy, very Sad.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:38 AM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
I have a hard time seeing some stop lights over suvs...
I'll bet you have an even harder time seeing over a semi.

Corvette owners probably complain about not being able to see over Evos and its almost minivan height.

I know when I get in my Eclipse Spyder (lowered 2") and look over at my Evo sitting next to it in the garage I always (and I mean always) think: Mack truck. (It sits 9" higher than my Eclipse with the top down.)
Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

RIP bro... hopefully this can be a bit of a wakeup call.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CDO
I'll bet you have an even harder time seeing over a semi.

Corvette owners probably complain about not being able to see over Evos and its almost minivan height.

I know when I get in my Eclipse Spyder (lowered 2") and look over at my Evo sitting next to it in the garage I always (and I mean always) think: Mack truck. (It sits 9" higher than my Eclipse with the top down.)
i would gladly let the government pay me to lower my car so it sits as high as a convertible. lol. unfortunatley they would have to fix all the potholes and speed bumps. and we all know that investment won't get them a return so i dont think they will be doing it.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

in the first posts everyone was flaming this kid for dying. i am glad to see some of you are looking at this objectively. if the suv pulled in front of him at the last second, the evidence would show the car was stopped. couple that with the suv driver not admitting any wrong doing and saying she was stopped and the police will blame the evo driver. if he was going so fast, the article or police would have quickly said he was going 70 in a 40. it's not like they don't know, they just won't say he wasn't breaking the law b/c it would hurt their findings. the article also said witnesses said thesaw him weaving in and out of traffic on a different road. so you are assuming he was drivivng like an a$$ b/c he had earlier. if that is the case, every evo accident should be our fault. i hope that any of you who believe the story word for word realize you have just listened to the two biggest liars in the world, the US governement, and the US media.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

No comments on all the arguing, but I know this 20 years old it to young to die. You just start enjoying life at 21. Be smart be safe no matter what you dirve your life and others is in your hands. No parent wants to get a call like that.

Quick Reply: EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area