Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was another Evo driver killed here on Long Island over the winter. I forget who was involved, and when it happened. Soon alot of us will have to sell our Evo's do to our insurance rates. I should just throw my money out the door. I mean I pay 519.00 a month. Its gone up 100.00 a month from last year. How much higher will it go?
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

yeah.. but then again semis are serving a useful pupose to society.. im in the salinas valley and there are really (no kidding) 20 trucks stopped at a light delivering the entire nations vegetables as I leave work.. I feel like in in a canyon when im between them all.. but then again they are feeding the country. While these other people are not.. how many single drivers with empty suvs do you see? A truck is a fine thing to have for a secondary vehicle.. but i hate how the american auto industry has turned trucks into the ridiculous daily driven suv that we have today on the roads.

Originally Posted by CDO
I'll bet you have an even harder time seeing over a semi.

Corvette owners probably complain about not being able to see over Evos and its almost minivan height.

I know when I get in my Eclipse Spyder (lowered 2") and look over at my Evo sitting next to it in the garage I always (and I mean always) think: Mack truck. (It sits 9" higher than my Eclipse with the top down.)
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Add one part Evo, one part 20 year old driver. Add in reckless, youthful behavior. Mix well.

When it's done you'll have a dead 20 year old.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboWill
There was another Evo driver killed here on Long Island over the winter. I forget who was involved, and when it happened. Soon alot of us will have to sell our Evo's do to our insurance rates. I should just throw my money out the door. I mean I pay 519.00 a month. Its gone up 100.00 a month from last year. How much higher will it go?
$519/mo? Wow!
Old Jul 19, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

I hate suv, the other day this b**ch cut me off like there is no tommorow. I was about to go out and knock her teeth out. Sorry for the vent, but come on i'v been driving for over 8 years now, and i would never cut people off like that, i guess some people just bought their drivers license illegally. I guess that if you drive an SUV you are the king on the road cause you bigger than anybody else, and you can do anything. i am not disrespecting anyone who has an suv and drives safe, just the morons that think they are understructuble.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TurboWill
wow, wtf, thats crazy. is it because you are young or what, holy cow, 500 bucks is like payin a loan for the car.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

^^thats more then my car payment. with that money, you could pay for.........
gas.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CDO
I'll bet you have an even harder time seeing over a semi.

Corvette owners probably complain about not being able to see over Evos and its almost minivan height.

I know when I get in my Eclipse Spyder (lowered 2") and look over at my Evo sitting next to it in the garage I always (and I mean always) think: Mack truck. (It sits 9" higher than my Eclipse with the top down.)
that's how i felt every time i saw my lowered teg parked next to my evo. it just looked so HUGE in comparison! i always refer to it as "friggin minivan that goes stupid fast". i already curb rashed right rear twice going very slow and turning in a parking lot, because i'm not used to the size of the car and additional 2" of wheelbase as compared to my teg. not to mention i sometimes have trouble seeing small cars behind me when turning my body to look over when backing up. i'm not surprised ppl that drive suv r so horrible, they can't see jack sheet and they don't even try to!
i have no problem with pickups, even if it's the stereotypical "redneck driving a pickup" type. usually those ppl have a farm and buncha crap to haul around, or quads and dirt bikes.
but now the suvs r bigger and weigh more than pickups! why in the blue hell does a single guy/girl need something that monstrous?! sure, it's their money, they get whatever they want, but i look at it as a penus extension/breast implant. they need something like that to be "cool". then the car manufacturers simply build what sells - suv. but there's good news for us, suv sales have declined by a good amount for ford and gm. they're just too expensive to drive and ppl get rid of them.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

please humor us with your insurance bill lol. I grew up in jersey so i know the insurance is much more expensive then in jersey.. but 519 a month is unreasonable.. do you have like 5 accidents and 15 speeding tickets on your record or something? I would sell the damn car and get a bike.

Originally Posted by mathgeek
$519/mo? Wow!
Old Jul 19, 2005, 02:54 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
" yeah.. but then again semis are serving a useful pupose to society.. ...but i hate how the american auto industry has turned trucks into the ridiculous daily driven suv that we have today on the roads.
True on semis serving a useful purpose, but even if a person's sole purpose of owning an SUV is to have a big hulking chunk of metal to drive around in, then it too serves a useful purpose...to them (a part of society).

I wouldn't blame the auto industry for SUVs. They try to make what people want. They do push them though because of the higher markup.

Just for the record, I've never owned an SUV nor have I ever wanted to own one.

Originally Posted by JoizeeX
that's how i felt every time i saw my lowered teg parked next to my evo. it just looked so HUGE in comparison! i always refer to it as "friggin minivan that goes stupid fast".
I knew I wasn't alone. LOL
Old Jul 19, 2005, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
$519/mo? Wow!
Yes it sucks living in Ny because the rates are so dam high. I'm only 23, it should go down when I hit 25. NY has real high rates
Old Jul 19, 2005, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
please humor us with your insurance bill lol. I grew up in jersey so i know the insurance is much more expensive then in jersey.. but 519 a month is unreasonable.. do you have like 5 accidents and 15 speeding tickets on your record or something? I would sell the damn car and get a bike.
I live in Fresno. I have an 05 Evo and an 04 Grand Caravan, both with full coverage. I have one speeding ticket, and my wife has one accident. We pay $240/mo. for both cars. Fresno is a fairly high-risk part of the country. We almost lead the nation in car thefts. But Geico is reasonable. No complaints here.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 04:23 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sMIThSUBISHI23
...Jello Biafra...One of his main perposed ideas was to make SUV's completely illegal...Hes a pretty smart guy...
I hope you don't subscribe to his view of banning SUVs. It could be Ferraris and Evos the next time around. And with people who ban things it never stops.

Before I posted that above I took a minute and googled Jello. As far as SUVs, "[B]iafra has mellowed with age as when he ran for mayor of SF, he campaigned on banning all automobiles."

He claims to be an anarchist yet from what I read I'd say he favors a dictatorship with an end goal of Communism. He and his ilk would be the dictators, of course.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Everytime I tell people on this forum to take it to a track and stop putting people's lives at risk, all I get is crap about preaching this preaching that. I always hear "I'm safe and I know how to drive". I can gurantee this guy thought he could drive too.

It's always that adrenaline rush that makes people do irrational things especially thinking they can open it up(WOT) for only a second that ends in tragedy like this. I feel for both family's. Such a stupid thing to do on public roads.

Take it to a track guys and gals. If somebody wants to street race you, hand them a flyer and tell them to meet you at the track.

I will continue to preach..............
Old Jul 19, 2005, 07:25 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeh, street racing is fairely stupid. i don't see the point anymore.

I feel more comfortable at the track now. no cops, you could go as fast as you want, it's safer.

but logically, if you think about it, if you're going 100mph and there is this big giant SUV stopped in front of you, even with inexperience, wouldn't you brake? and EVo's have some serious brakes folks.

It's hard to miss a stopped SUV, come on.

So that story doesn't make any sense whatsoever. That's why I keep on saying it's SUV's fault but media makes it out to be one of those "fast and the furious" young kids going crazy story.

because that story is much better than saying, "a SUV pulled in front of a car that's going 10mph over the speed limit, ultimately killing the young driver, but driver died and couldn't defend or tell his side of the story. And obviously he drives a fast car and a sports car, it can't be the SUV drivers fault, just ask her, he's/she's still alive telling her story"

SUV driver - yes, i was just minding my business, stopped at the stop sign, listening to my eagles greatest hits, when this maniac driving all over the place swarving at 100mph+ ran into me while I was parked! I was so scared for my life.

EVo driver - ........ (can't say anything because he's dead)

Not to mention that SUV's stay in the middle of the lane in the highway or even byways, because they can't do a quick lane change, because they're scared that they might tip over and die.

yes, no SUV, it's just a death trap for people who's got some sorta complex about having small body parts.

Quick Reply: EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area