Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sMIThSUBISHI23
Well this is getting slightly off topic, But Jello Biafra the lead singer of the Dead Kennedy's, although the band has broken up has run for President several times since 88'. One of his main perposed ideas was to make SUV's completely illegal. The last time I think he ran was 2000 with the green party. Hes a pretty smart guy, I don't know how many other punk fans there are on this forum.

Not to get off topic from this horrible tragedy, very Sad.

I love the dead kennedys. MTV get off the air in the Frankenchrist album. I saw one of their gigs in Mabuhay gardens in SFO. It rocks.
The accident story is definitely the EVO's fault. But it is overly exaggerated. 100 MPH hitting the SUV at the back, Give me a break.

Last edited by evo55; Jul 19, 2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Croix
I don't care if I get flamed, but I have little remorse, because he makes my life and others in our age group lives tougher who are more responsible. Yes, I know it's an EVO, but this kind of irresponsibility happens EVERYDAY, from the weak Hyundai Accent to the powerful Chevrolet Corvette.
I'm with you on this one. When people die from street racing, I feel little to no pity for them. It's the families they affect by their actions that I feel sorry for. Way too many innocent drivers get killed or injured because dumbasses can't save it for the track.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

this is sorta what happened to my friend.. but my friends was worse.

he was driving his brand new rxs type s... about 2 weeks old. he had everything he wanted. then he decides to race . well he hit a ditch and flew over the center divider and hit an infinity g35 dead on going the opposite way. he died instantly when his neck snapped

man i miss him so much.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Matz
I'm with you on this one. When people die from street racing, I feel little to no pity for them. It's the families they affect by their actions that I feel sorry for. Way too many innocent drivers get killed or injured because dumbasses can't save it for the track.
Darwin at work ... werd.

l8r)
Old Jul 20, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TurboWill
There was another Evo driver killed here on Long Island over the winter. I forget who was involved, and when it happened. Soon alot of us will have to sell our Evo's do to our insurance rates. I should just throw my money out the door. I mean I pay 519.00 a month. Its gone up 100.00 a month from last year. How much higher will it go?
holy crap. that's $6,228.00/yr
Old Jul 20, 2005, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

yep... california insurance is not bad.. jersey insurance is 2x as much.. my freinds all payed upwards of 4-6K to insure their trans ams etc in high school with clean records. Jersey is the highest risk driving area in the united states.. there really is no other comparison as far as complete state goes.

Originally Posted by mathgeek
I live in Fresno. I have an 05 Evo and an 04 Grand Caravan, both with full coverage. I have one speeding ticket, and my wife has one accident. We pay $240/mo. for both cars. Fresno is a fairly high-risk part of the country. We almost lead the nation in car thefts. But Geico is reasonable. No complaints here.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

why can i only used 1K of my GMcard earnings on an actually car.. yet like 5K on an suv. I wrote GM a nasty letter regarding this issue. They are promoting people to screw up the enivironment and put people at risk by having excess suvs on the roadways.

Originally Posted by CDO
True on semis serving a useful purpose, but even if a person's sole purpose of owning an SUV is to have a big hulking chunk of metal to drive around in, then it too serves a useful purpose...to them (a part of society).

I wouldn't blame the auto industry for SUVs. They try to make what people want. They do push them though because of the higher markup.

Just for the record, I've never owned an SUV nor have I ever wanted to own one.

I knew I wasn't alone. LOL
Old Jul 20, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Matz
he wasn't racing. witness said he was speeding on a completley different road. none of us know what happened. he may have been driving the speed limit at the time. quit ASSuming.
i was driving yesterday down a major road in my town(ogden RT. 34) i was donig 40 in a 40. there was my car, a fawking suv, and another suv. the suvs were driving behind each other in the right lane i was in the left. first suv decides to turn very slowly in to his apartment entrance, the suv behind him and in front of me brakes to like 10 mph then decides to switch lanes with me, coming at forty, about 10-20 ft behind him. well, suvs don't accelerate to 40 from 10 in a couple of feet do they? so i had slammed on my brakes squeling my tires and fish tailing almost into oncoming traffic. i almost rear ended him and he would have hit the suv in front of him. and it would be my fault for rear ending him. the same thing could have happened to this kid. i hate to think what half of you would be saying today on this forum.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
and it would be my fault for rear ending him.
Actually, it may not have been your fault. An unsafe lane change is means for a citation, and an "at fault" verdict in an accident investigation. How do I know? I was destroyed by a speeding semi in Texas in 1997 (rear ended). The good old boy network found me at fault and I was cited for an "unsafe lane change". What a bunch of BS.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 09:52 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bdking57
why can i only used 1K of my GMcard earnings on an actually car.. yet like 5K on an suv. I wrote GM a nasty letter regarding this issue. They are promoting people to screw up the enivironment and put people at risk by having excess suvs on the roadways.
That's screwed up with GM pulling crap like that on you with your GMcard. Like I said, they do push them. But I'm wondering if it's just the dealer because last year my mom bought a new car (Buick Century) and got full credit with her GMcard.

We have a consumer-driven market. If SUVs didn't sell, they wouldn't make them. Blame your neighbors, not the automakers. LOL

As far as SUVs screwing up the environment, all cars "screw up" the environment. They all pollute. My wife could say all Evos should get off the road because they get far worse gas mileage than her Mazda Protege and because they're so damn heavy compared to her car. And even though she hates my Evo she doesn't.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what have SUV done for the society?

nothing but to bloat insecure people's sense of self-esteem.

There are nothing good ever came out of SUV so far.

Trucks I could understand. SUV? WTF
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:09 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
what have SUV done for the society?

There are nothing good ever came out of SUV so far.

Trucks I could understand. SUV? WTF
That kind of argument (if you could call it that) could be used by anyone who didn't like some type of vehicle:

what have Evo done for the society?

There are nothing good ever came out of Evo so far.

Trucks I could understand. Evo? WTF
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:17 PM
Account Disabled

If you don't think Evo's done great things for japanese economy get on the board as far as their car manufacturing market goes, you don't deserve to talk on this forum.

your thinking is just below ignorance at this point.

try to think little bit more critical of what SUV's doing and what EVo's been doing as a whole.

Evo gave competition in the market for other manufacturers to come up with cheaper and better (safe -awd in a sedan) cars.

If it wasn't for Evo's and other jap and european cars, we'll still be driving a big overweight metal buckets.

and Suv's.

That kind of argument (if you could call it that) could be used by anyone who didn't like some type of vehicle:

what have Evo done for the society?

There are nothing good ever came out of Evo so far.

Trucks I could understand. Evo? WTF
Report Bad Post Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:29 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

I'm sorry, but you're just being plain stupid.

If I don't think the Evo has done great things for the Japanese economy I don't deserve to be on this forum? ROFL

Originally Posted by plokivos
If you don't think Evo's done great things for japanese economy get on the board as far as their car manufacturing market goes, you don't deserve to talk on this forum.

your thinking is just below ignorance at this point.

try to think little bit more critical of what SUV's doing and what EVo's been doing as a whole.

Evo gave competition in the market for other manufacturers to come up with cheaper and better (safe -awd in a sedan) cars.

If it wasn't for Evo's and other jap and european cars, we'll still be driving a big overweight metal buckets.

and Suv's.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CDO
I'm sorry, but you're just being plain stupid.

If I don't think the Evo has done great things for the Japanese economy I don't deserve to be on this forum? ROFL
obviously you should be crying in shame on the floor.

since your ignorance just became complete utter sadness.

I'm not arguing about my points. I'm telling you. So if you're gonna criticise me, you're already on a wrong track.

NO SUV's.

Quick Reply: EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area