Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 10:57 PM
CDO
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos
obviously you should be crying in shame on the floor.

since your ignorance just became complete utter sadness.
What ignorance? The same stupid argument you're trying to pull on SUVs can be applied to any class of vehicle.

Or is my ignorance on the subject of how Evos have been so great for the Japanese economy? I think Honda has played a much bigger role. ROFL

What's your real beef, that I don't condemn SUVs? Guilty. I don't care what other people drive just as they better not $#@# care what I drive.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I can't believe how many people are on here posting some kind of "fictional scenario" that didn't take place and say it's not the guy’s fault. There were eyewitness accounts from many people saying he was driving like an idiot. Weaving in and out of traffic while speeding is moronic and overly aggressive for public streets.

Aggressive driving causes people to make unexpected decisions they would not otherwise need to make. Judgement on the street is based on POSTED speed limit and vision (determining distance), while combining the two to make a judgement call on whether to change lanes, pull out into a lane, or make a turn. Not everybody can tell the difference between 45mph and 65mph. There are alot of elderly people driving on the roads that turn out in front of you because they didn't know you were speeding, causing you to swerve and make another driver next to you to slam on the brakes causing a chain reaction.

So many different scenarios’ can happen in life, but lets not change what happened here in this story to justify his actions. Witness's said he was driving aggressively and lets just leave it at that. No need to accuse the press and witness's of making it up.

Let’s not fool ourselves here. Many people buy this car because they have the itch to go fast. The problem with that is they are carrying out this obsession on public roads instead of where those speeds are meant the racetrack. Posted laws are there for a reason. The posted limits protect all of us because of those situations that call for quick and evasive maneuvers. Many times these maneuvers could not be achieved at higher speeds with the stock suspensions from the manufactures. That is why testing is done and speed limits are determined. Just because your modified car can make those maneuvers at higher speeds doesn't mean the stock car next to you can.

This is a sad story of somebody that wanted an adrenaline rush and risked his life and the lives of others around him. It seems I read a story like this every week now whether on here, local news, or reading the newspaper.

I have been to the big gatherings of people racing. I have seen upwards of 1000 people in one given strip racing or dipping out to the closest highway for a couple of pulls against each other. It happens weekly with the larger gatherings on the weekend.

It is getting way out of hand and ALL of us as a community need to take action and convince people to take it to a track where it's safer for everyone. Many people who think racing in an abandoned business park late at night is ok, but nine times out of ten those same people will do it from light to light on a main road. I have heard of people getting killed in business parks too when they lost control of their car.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
i was driving yesterday down a major road in my town(ogden RT. 34) i was donig 40 in a 40. there was my car, a fawking suv, and another suv. the suvs were driving behind each other in the right lane i was in the left. first suv decides to turn very slowly in to his apartment entrance, the suv behind him and in front of me brakes to like 10 mph then decides to switch lanes with me, coming at forty, about 10-20 ft behind him. well, suvs don't accelerate to 40 from 10 in a couple of feet do they? so i had slammed on my brakes squeling my tires and fish tailing almost into oncoming traffic. i almost rear ended him and he would have hit the suv in front of him. and it would be my fault for rear ending him. the same thing could have happened to this kid. i hate to think what half of you would be saying today on this forum.
WRONG!!! I got into an accident exactly like you are explaining I was NOT found to be at fault even though I tagged his rear. He was cited for not yielding to oncoming traffic. He plead guilty because he had no fight. It was obviously his fault and even his insurance company said so. Stop assuming. It could have been any car and not just an SUV. This thread is becoming a pretty stupid offtopic rant about SUV's.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
well the article does not say how fast the driver was going WHEN he hit the suv. and you are listening to the media that i am sure wants to make this evo driver out to be the bad guy. as evidence of their article mentioning that witnesses said they saw him weaving in and out of traffic. the media and police tries to push their "perfect society" on us with unfounded information like this. the police were told by witnesses who then told the paper. have you ever told someone something, they tell somone, they tell someone, and when it gets to you again the story has changed to benefit the person's point of view? humans can't stand being wrong. what could have happened was a young kid was driving a fast looking car above the speed limit all the while passing cars. witnesses claimed he was weaving in and out of traffic and the article made it sound like he was driving like a madman. he came up to a stop light that was red and about to turn green. witnesses said it was a red light. he went to roll through the light when it turned green and the suv started to change lanes. something we all do since we know we can pull up to a light at 50 and stop in a 50 ft. no witnesses saw this. evo clipped rear end of the suv and suv hit truck in front of them. if he was going a 100 and hit a stopped suv more injuries and accidents would have occured. it is however an unfortunate event. thankfully no one else was killed or severly hurt. don't shame this guy's name and family because you listen to the media word for word. he might not have been driving that bad. it might have just been unlucky how he hit the suv. and the cops certainly can't hear his side of story and are only hearing the story from people who have something to gain by putting the blame on him. not saying this kid wasn't driving like a madman and decided not to stop, it could have happened just like the article elouded. but how likely is it that someone with a car like ours did not see five bright red lights and brakes and two stopped cars in an intersection.
Thank you. While I don't neccesarily agree with your later post about the US gov't and US media being the world's biggest liars, I do agree that the media is run by human fecal matter in many cases. I graduated with a degree in journalism so I was almost one of them. Journalists systematically categorize a story with only a few details for easier public consumption if they smell a cookie-cutter type of event has unfolded. In this case it's an easy sell: Young driver in hot rod hits innocent mother only moments after witnesses report him speeding and driving wrecklessly. Who's gonna argue with that? Write the story and move on to the next one. 99% of people will shake their head, curse the dead driver and consider this just another example to reinforce an existing opinion. Problem is the guy who died doesn't get to defend himself. I know 20 year olds do stupid $hit, but this guy didn't committ suicide. Something went terribly wrong in the blink of an eye and this guy lost his car, his wife, his kids, his career, his grandchildren and his future when he died. Who knows what lied ahead for him?

Without the actual police report we should all hold judgement (if in fact you feel the need to judge) and simply pray for those directly effected.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

why does everybody make suvs sound evil? they are only evil if the driver doesnt know their surroundings. i have an suv and i never cut ppl off or nothin like everyone claims they do...
Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:17 AM
Evolved Member

Ok...lessee... There are more than 100 posts so I'm not about to go through each and everyone to see what you all drive. This is an Evolution Forum so most of you have at least ONE Evo in the "Drives:" spot. As you can see I don't. I drive a "mini-SUV" which means I'm an infidel huH? (yay i'm gonna be flamed ::cue jumping up and down with a 'shoot me' sign)

Anyway the article was short and to the point which means, yes there were some factoids left out. But the general issue still remains. The LANCER (unless the pictures on page 2 were of the accident i'm gonna call it a Lancer ::tell me to edit later:: ) still careemed off the road and totalled the car and the life. He's not here today to defend himself, yes. And human beings don't like to be wrong, yes. So the story might be changed around a lil for the sake of some political ploy but someone still died in the process. Anyway..

Plokivo. Iono what happened before to make your oppinion so stubborn about SUVs but the fact of the matter is that the others can be right about ANYONE else driving ANYTHING else. Frik...the Asian stereotypes might even be true. In my family we own two SUVs, a Pilot and my CR-V. I know about my blind spots. I know how it feels to be cut off by a slow *** BIG RIGG let alone an SUV. But as usual, what a majority does does NOT mean that the whole category does it.

I hope this reassures you about at least SOME of us SUV drivers. I know about tipping over. But I know people like you are behind me about to get mad for slowwwwing down to a snail pace to get over a driveway curb so I don't slow down as much. I even tap the brakes a few times to let them know i'm turning even after i turn on my turn signals. Then there's lane changing. I know I don't like it when people don't shoulder check. I also don't like it when people get into my lane and stay the same speed as when they were in their previous lane. So if you're ever in NorCal Bay Area and you see a Silver CR-V with a Gunmetal Tire cover that's vertical you'll know it's me and feel free to give me a signal. I'll f'in move outta ur way.

~RgistRd Showoff/CRVdrftR05

god...did i type too much? lol
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CRVdrftR05, your lil honda isn't even considered as SUV. GTFO.

why buy something with all those risks that you just described? you trying to kill someone later and blame it on the auto-manufacture about the blind spots, tipping over?

NO SUV's. I wish they would all get rid of it, not for the SUV drivers sake, (for all I care, they could tip over and burn in hell for buying one) but for the drivers who drives a small cars sake.

Besides, i don't have to worry. According to NHTSA, accidents in SUV, there are 80% of chance that occupant of the SUV will be killed then the people in the sedan.

So if I hit you with my SUV, you'll die, i'll live.

NO SUV's FOREVER.

By the way, just for that I would like to give you a site you could go. http://www.fuh2.com/

Yes, I hate SUV's as much as you hate how I post in here about SUV's.

and I'm not backing out of my position on that. Nothing is any good about SUV's. Least an Evo or a sedan gives some incentive back to the driver if not the environment.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

one. i don't have an H2.....not that rich nor do i like wasting my money so shut up.

two. the choice for the SUVs aren't my own.....I just drive what we have.

three. I enjoy driving my friends sedans as much as you enjoy ur evo so don't f'in flame me for being considerate.

As a matter of fact I hate Hummer/Escalade/any kinda GM, Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln SUV crossover that comes outta their plants. Haha..honestly I didn't even want the Pilot. I told them to get the Evo. But those matters are outta my hands.

And ur rite......MY CR-V isn't an SUV. I drive it like an Evo....so if I tip I'll think of you. Loser...
Old Jul 21, 2005, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

This thread was supposed to let us remember a young driver who gave his life in his car. Instead it has been turned into a flame war against and for SUV's. I think that if you guys want to keep flaming, you should make a seperate topic, and let the few people who wish to express their condolences do so without being attacked.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 03:33 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeh, you can't tip over on those, but sounds like you might be able to.

lol " And ur rite......MY CR-V isn't an SUV. I drive it like an Evo....so if I tip I'll think of you. Loser..." what are you 5?

Originally Posted by CRVdrftR05
one. i don't have an H2.....not that rich nor do i like wasting my money so shut up.

two. the choice for the SUVs aren't my own.....I just drive what we have.

three. I enjoy driving my friends sedans as much as you enjoy ur evo so don't f'in flame me for being considerate.

As a matter of fact I hate Hummer/Escalade/any kinda GM, Ford, Mercury, or Lincoln SUV crossover that comes outta their plants. Haha..honestly I didn't even want the Pilot. I told them to get the Evo. But those matters are outta my hands.

And ur rite......MY CR-V isn't an SUV. I drive it like an Evo....so if I tip I'll think of you. Loser...
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:57 AM
CDO
Evolving Member

NO SUV's. I wish they would all get rid of it...for the drivers who drives a small cars sake....

...So if I hit you with my SUV, you'll die, i'll live.
NO SUV's FOREVER.

By the way, just for that I would like to give you a site you could go. http://www.fuh2.com/

...Nothing is any good about SUV's. Least an Evo or a sedan gives some incentive back to the driver if not the environment.
There's nothing good about SUVs? How many snowmobiles can the Evo tow? Well, you're from the south, how many ATVs can the Evo tow?

The Evo gives some "incentive" back to the environment? You mean that ISN'T pollution coming out of the stock LOUD exhaust? Go stick your mouth over your pipe and report back to me. I don't believe you.

The website you mentioned is juvenile at best. Did you make it? LOL

"The H2 is a gas guzzler."

So is a Ferrari. Or an Evo compared to a Mazda Protege or a hybrid car (Prius 60mpg city). Maybe you should sell your Evo and ride a bicycle. At least buy a Prius. You know, set an example for all us gas guzzlers (<60mpg).

If an H2 owner gets 13mpg and drives 7,500 miles per year and if you get, say 23mpg in your Evo and drive, say 20,000 miles per year, who burns more gas?

"The H2 is a polluter."

Every vehicle on the road is a "polluter." And like above, who's the biggest polluter? It depends and you sure the **** don't know.

"The H2 is a death machine."

Really too stupid to comment on, but...How about RVs (motor homes)? There's far more of them on the road and there's no way they stop faster or have less kinetic energy than an H2. You should have an FURV.com link. (One of my friend's RVs gets 5-7mpg. Quite the gas guzzler so he doesn't drive it much.)

"The H2 is a tax loophole."

That's not the H2s fault. Also I believe hybrids are subsidized by the government. You might want to add that to that website if I'm correct.