Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area

I just saw a story on the KCAL-9 News on Sat. 7/16 at 10:00 p.m. PDT. They are blaming the driver of an EVO for an accident that killed him when he hit an SUV and another car in So. Calif. I thought they said in Whittier, but another member of the socalevo board says it was in La Habra, which is pretty near the RRE shop. One of the other drivers was injured.

They showed a picture of the accident scene. It was a little hard to tell the color of the car, but it was dark, maybe black. It was not an MR because it had the stock Enkei wheels. Does anybody know who the driver was or anything about it?

The other poster at socalevo says the EVO was going 100 mph when it hit the SUV. Be careful out there, and get your jollies on the racetrack. :cry:
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

that's sad, i bet cops are going to on the look out for anybody who drives an evo. i feel for his family.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so sad....

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
The other poster at socalevo says the EVO was going 100 mph when it hit the SUV. Be careful out there, and get your jollies on the racetrack. :cry:
you said it ^^
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

I might be wrong, but...

There was another evo that was in accident a month or 2 ago in the OC area I believe, it was racing somebody and crashed...
Old Jul 16, 2005, 11:07 PM

I just saw that too, that's what made me come here to see if anyone knew what was up. I saw the wheels and knew it was an evo, it was black like mine.

Scary thoughts ran through my mind when looking at that smashed up car that WAS identical to mine.

Horrible news...
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I just saw a story on the KCAL-9 News on Sat. 7/16 at 10:00 p.m. PDT. They are blaming the driver of an EVO for an accident that killed him when he hit an SUV and another car in So. Calif. I thought they said in Whittier, but another member of the socalevo board says it was in La Habra, which is pretty near the RRE shop. One of the other drivers was injured.

They showed a picture of the accident scene. It was a little hard to tell the color of the car, but it was dark, maybe black. It was not an MR because it had the stock Enkei wheels. Does anybody know who the driver was or anything about it?

I saw that (on tv-it looked like Tarmac Black), kind freaked me out because my car was the same color. Maybe someone could post a pic if they have it as kind of a reminder to take it to the track.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

what a sad day...
Old Jul 17, 2005, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Man people need to drive more safely! I have noticed that owners of all cars are taking more risks lately. Not worth the money for a ticket or your life.

Drive safely,

-Nate
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Man that was last night..... I was on the road in So Cal last night.....at that time....scary to hear... I Live out here, I will see if anyone I know has some info.....my prayers to all that were injured.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:48 AM

hell yea jus drive safely and it you wanna go fast and have fun while doing it, jus take it to a race track. that will cost less then a ticket and get ur car impounded. or you losing your life on the street.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

ok i ll drive safely from now on... dont do the crazy stuff especially on the highway traffic...yall
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

You hear about crashes involving many different types of cars, but when you hear about a crash involving the car you drive, it really hits you.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Yea thats really sad. This taught me an important lesson. Never to street race and to take it to the track. I am only 16 so I have learned a lesson from this.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Guys the responsibility lies with us. We are the type of people who are more likey to race anywhere. Just think of it this way, if it was a member of your family in that SUV that was hit by the EVO going 100mph, how sympathitic would you be?

My condolences to the family of the driver.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

Sad

Quick Reply: EVO Driver Killed in L.A. Area