Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

BJ's Cylinder Head Service ?????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 02:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BJ's Cylinder Head Service ?????

I think i have been the worst vicitim from BJ's. I sent BJ my motor back in January of 2004 and paid over the course of 5 months $10,000 for my race motor to be built with everything include, intake manifold, tb, clutch and flywheel, and of course a full race built motor. It has now been almost a year and a half and the only thing that i have recieved from him is the intake manifold with the direct port system, dont get me wrong the intake manifold is one in its own. I have gotten the Ohio state authority involded and my lawyer and even after doing all of this he called me and told me that he was going to resolve the issue and drive to my home with my motor last month. But BJ never showed up. funny how that ended up...the worst part about the whole issue is that he never answers any of my phone calls ever i could call 100 times in one day and no answer and no call back. it seems he only calls once a every 2-3 months. I'm just wondering if anyone in OK still knows if he is still around working there because i was planning on flying out to his shop to confront him once and for all. IF ANYONE COULD PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY INFORMATION ON HIM I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. I hate to post this forum but it seems like i have no choice to try and get others input.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You might wanna hit up Al from Dynoflash, I think he had a similar prob and was able to get in touch with the guy to get his intake manifold. I'm almost positive it was Al, though I may be wrong.

GL though, sorry to hear.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

thanks ill try getting in touch with AL this week hopefully he will be able to help me out
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:22 AM
Account Disabled

All that happend in my case is that I started making posts like these and then the intake manifold showed up a few weeks later in a box - I could not reach the guy either
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:24 AM

This has been the case with many people!
Old Nov 17, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Wanted to bump this as I am in the same boat as you. I have not received my cylinder head that dropped off on March 8th of 2005. Last I talked to BJ was June 9th of this year when he promised to drive it to me the following week. He has my cylinder head, HKS 272's, Fidanza gears, and $1650 for 50% of the total work. Never returns my calls or e-mails as well.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 07:37 PM

B.J.'s Head Shop??? I love it! They could use that on an episode Family Guy!

Seriously, sorry to hear.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

You mean you paid that much money to a shop that you never visited? Chances are there is someone local (within a 3-hour drive anywhere in the US) who knows what they are doing with a motor and you can meet them first.

Every time I spend money at a mail-order place I worry about getting ripped off. A little research into the local scene keeps this from happening.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gregb
B.J.'s Head Shop??? I love it! They could use that on an episode Family Guy!

Seriously, sorry to hear.
ROFL, dude you made my day...

Gsxfury, I sorry to hear about whats going on but that just goes to show how some of these vendors don't give damn about their reputations and just keep raping the evo community.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Do a little research guy's BJ's has been around well before the evo community has.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kcevo
Do a little research guy's BJ's has been around well before the evo community has.
Doesnt excuse his unprofessional attitude.....he wouldnt like it if we (customers) were late to pay him or refused to call him back
Old Nov 19, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOla_VIRUS
Doesnt excuse his unprofessional attitude.....he wouldnt like it if we (customers) were late to pay him or refused to call him back
Tell me about it, I was just commenting on the fact that people think he is a fly by night internet shop. He has been around for along time building very fast DSM's, and was the engine builder for John Shepherd until his business practices went south as mentioned in this thread. I am not one to think he is a stand up guy, if you read above I am one that he has screwed. He still has my original cylinder head, parts, and cash at a price tag of around $6500 that I am out, couldn't wait any longer so I had to replace them.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 05:34 PM

I'm just curious, I know it's been 8 years...but are you still looking for BJ? I have a way to obtain current information for him.