Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

insurance question on windshield

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info mike...i may need a new windshield in the near future. i dont have any crack in it, just little chips from rocks...you cant see unless you go really close to the glass. isnt there a way to fix the little cracks in the glass without changing the windshield?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

yes^^^ on the way home last night a rock bounced off my windshield again, but it didn't crack!!!!
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Insurance rates are usually not affected by glass type comprehensive claims, but an exorbitant amount of any type of claim is going to raise red flags with any insurance company. Don't forget people, comprehensive covers stolen vehicles as well, and you can pretty much be assured of a rate increase if your vehicle is stolen and not recovered.

As far as getting glass fixed or repaired, you have the right to choose whatever glass repair company you want. Find a place you feel comfortable with, make sure they understand you aren't a sucker, and you should have no problem getting OEM glass put back in. If your insurance company tries to refuse paying for OEM glass and tries to put in the cheap stuff, tell them you're going to call your state insurance commisioner and see what he/she thinks about that.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
yes^^^ on the way home last night a rock bounced off my windshield again, but it didn't crack!!!!
hahah...thats sh*tty! yeah i have all sorts of little dings in the windshield. its kinda sucks, but not noticable. i would like to fix them though for sure. pm me your plans for the night.