Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Legal problems - advice?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like you have a case...what did you say to the officers when you got pulled over? did you ask why they were tailgating you?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

I said I thought the guys in the truck were following me, at which point the cop said I should be glad I wasn't going to jail.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

That is why I don't own a gun. If it were me and I had a gun I would have been tempted to shoot them all and send them where they belong in "Hell". I hate Cops for these very reasons. They are shady ****s that abuse their authority. I only hope that they get whats coming to them.

If they spent more time catching Drunk Drivers/rapist/murders and child molestors this world would be trully a safer place. But what pays are traffic citations and so that is where the majority of focus goes. It is all driven by money! They see a nice EVO or any other nice car and they see dollar signs. Drive carefully and fight these bastards in court!

Again good luck,

-Nate

Last edited by EVO-8-Nate; Jul 20, 2005 at 03:54 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PVD04
Unfortunately he does not have a cell phone, or that would have been a good option for him. I had suggested that he request the notes from the undercover cops. Is this possible? I've read that you can request the notes of the officer issuing the citation prior to the court date, but have never done it myself. With those notes he would likely know why the undercover officers were following him in the first place.

-Paul
Since that you brought it up, make sure you mentioned you DID NOT have a cell phone with you because the judge can easily questioned the validity of your argument of you fearing for your safety if you didn't call 911. Because a normal person, if in fear of his own safety, would call authority for help if being tailgated. Since you didn't make the call, that's why I said your argument is sketchy. However, if you don't have a cell with you, the next logical thing to do is to go and drive to find the closest authority out there. But still...it doesn't justify you running the stop sign and speeding...since that you are not in grave danger....

But all these like I said are just for argument sake....doesn't always fly....

Last edited by TriCycle STI C; Jul 20, 2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by EVO-8-Nate
That is why I don't own a gun. If it were me and I had a gun I would have been tempted to shoot them all and send them where they belong in "Hell". I hate Cops for these very reasons. They are shady ****s that abuse their authority. I only hope that they get whats coming to them.

If they spent more time catching Drunk Drivers/rapist/murders and child molestors this world would be trully a safer place. But what pays are traffic citations and so that is where the majority of focus goes. It is all driven by money! They see a nice EVO or any other nice car and they see dollar signs. Drive carefully and fight these bastards in court!

Again good luck,

-Nate
Nice... lets start talking about killing cops over speeding tickets Ill be the first to admit that there are bad cops out there, as in every profession, but most are pretty reasonable and are only doing there jobs. Wishing them dead, or "getting whats coming to them" is a little over the top.

I dont know why there were two undercover cops following him, I have never heard of that before . But if the provoked him to do something he would normally not do (ie, scaring him by following him), then thats entrapment and he has a good case. Also, marked patrol cars can follow you for as long as they want, without probable cause... fyi.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jjm4life
these cops forced you into breaking the law.
I don't recall him saying they put a gun to his head and forced him to break any laws. He could have driven NORMAL and I'm sure they would have overlooked him.

They were probably undercover and noticed he broke the law and called for backup(marked patrol car) to assist in stopping him.

Cops don't FORCE anybody to break the law. If an officer is following you too close just slow down to 5-10mph under the speed limit and if he insist on following you closely just pull over safely and ask him to stop following you because it is not a safe distance.

More often than not they will just go around you and move on as long as you are not being stupid.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOONYOASS
I don't recall him saying they put a gun to his head and forced him to break any laws. He could have driven NORMAL and I'm sure they would have overlooked him.

They were probably undercover and noticed he broke the law and called for backup(marked patrol car) to assist in stopping him.

Cops don't FORCE anybody to break the law. If an officer is following you too close just slow down to 5-10mph under the speed limit and if he insist on following you closely just pull over safely and ask him to stop following you because it is not a safe distance.
Here's the problem with your thoughts on the subject. The car following him was unmarked and the officers gave no indication that they were police officers. Regardless of whether or not he had done anything wrong, they can not tail-gate him. Also, for all he knew, they were two random guys following him for some random reason, probably not a good one. He did what he felt would protect him from any risk they presented. Had it been a marked police car following him, then yes, it would make sense to slow down and possibly pull over, but that wasn't the case.

-Paul