Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Some punk smashed my front grill!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2005, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the same piece bent on my Evo, but mine was due to an idiot driver in an SUV driving over pieces of shredded tire on the highway and kicking it up into the grill, clear bra saved the paint.

I ordered that piece from mitsubishiparts.com, don't have the part number yet (phone order) but I will post it up if you need it. Apparently nobody can figure it out the part I want when I try to order it, they keep giving me the lower grill or the side grills, hopefully this time I will get the right part.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have an evo, but a lancer.. I feel you're pain. Sorry about the bad news. I've had fking lazy fat people swing their doors open as wide as they can just too peel their a$$ out of the car. In the process it wings my door and leave a nice little dime sized dent. The last person that did that I got even and ripped their driver side mirror off and took it with me. Then I threw it out my window down the road about 10 miles. You gatta find that person and do the something similar. I will probably cost them more than it will cost you. You gatta get even. But its hard if you park somewhere like a mall and the person could be gone already. I try to park my car where its in my sight the whole time. Its not always possible though. At a mall, try to get an up front spot, not way out in the boonies. More cars are vandalized and stolen if you park way out in the lot.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

there is just way too much vandalism going on with our cars. lets get a group buy together on a sick car alarm or something with some cameras.sorry to hear about your car
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys see that episode of Pimp My Ride from like 2 years ago where they installed the security video cameras that monitored your vehicle? When someone set the alarm off, or broke in, it would automatically record and take pictures and send them to your email. That would be useful. Or GPS tracking like Onstar has incase the car is stolen.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

My Great Grandpa, RIP, made his own alarm system. he wired the body of his car to the battery. if the door was locked it was armed. there was an antena on the car that if it swayed a little, like if the car was bumped into or someone tried to open the door, it would shoot a direct current from the battery. he almost killed himself one day when he forgot to unlock his car first.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

So sorry to hear it ....
Old Jul 21, 2005, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shimla
can u claim it on insurance and then get the IX bumper?
Good call on that, but I totally agree... why must people hate? At the end of the day it doesn't get them any further in life, but maybe they will see the end of it sooner!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NapervilleEVO
My Great Grandpa, RIP, made his own alarm system. he wired the body of his car to the battery. if the door was locked it was armed. there was an antena on the car that if it swayed a little, like if the car was bumped into or someone tried to open the door, it would shoot a direct current from the battery. he almost killed himself one day when he forgot to unlock his car first.
What a great idea! Wonder if you grandpa's idea has been made into an aftermarket alarm system yet. We should look into this.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 08:59 AM

I am going to see if i can find the part and replace it first. It would be a great idea to claim it and get the evo 9 bumper. It just hurts to look at my car every morning knowing there is a big hole.

It happens in central jersey!!!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

isn't strange how you can drive by people and they either love the car or their just plain haters? i had some kid give me the finger on his bicycle when i drove by him, and i wasn't even going fast! THEY ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE! FU<K HATERS!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

curse those evo haters!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

that happened one time to an sti that was parked next to me where i work .we have 87 camra there 43 of them in the garage. it was one of those day looking at cars by the camras and i saw that loser trying to break into that sti i call the cop how was working with us that night and we got his *** before he even found out that **** is about to go down on his *** .later that day i met the sti owner how i show him the tape he was thankfull cause the thife was going to take his car
Old Jul 23, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

hey whats up jon! so sorry to hear it, man... thats why i kept a baseball bat in my trunk, i will definately beat the crap out of whoever did that to my evo.