Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Megan products

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan products

Ok, when I search for info about Megan products on here, all the results just show up as FS items. I'd like to know what you all think about Megan exhaust, dp and race pipe. Seems like such a good deal. But is this the type of product where, you pay for what you get for? Any links to product review is helpful. Help a noobie out. Don't want to scare an EVO8 person now..lol. I read your guy's sigs..most are TXS or Megan products..so it seems like its good quality products. I need to order my mods ASAP but dont know which route to go. On my WRX, i have all txs and helix stuff.

Off topic:
i see that most people have a tbe, dp, racepipe and a mbc set at 20 psi. is that safe off the stock ecu?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SiKEvO
Ok, when I search for info about Megan products on here, all the results just show up as FS items. I'd like to know what you all think about Megan exhaust, dp and race pipe. Seems like such a good deal. But is this the type of product where, you pay for what you get for? Any links to product review is helpful. Help a noobie out. Don't want to scare an EVO8 person now..lol. I read your guy's sigs..most are TXS or Megan products..so it seems like its good quality products. I need to order my mods ASAP but dont know which route to go. On my WRX, i have all txs and helix stuff.

Off topic:
i see that most people have a tbe, dp, racepipe and a mbc set at 20 psi. is that safe off the stock ecu?
Learn to search better. Specify this forum or the engine/drivetrain forum, and you'll see this exact question asked a week or two ago with some very good responses. There are some in the faction (actually most) who think you get what you pay for, and therefore should spend god-awful amounts on titanium JDM parts, and then there are those of the faction that believes Megan makes great products for the absolute best price with no sacrifice in quality. I personally prefer to get the cheapest parts that can't be screwed up easily (e.g. exhaust), then pay a little bit more for the more serious mods (cams/turbo). Talk to Zeus if you want some great Megan products for really low prices. You can get a full turboback for less than what some people pay for just a cat-back, all because it's Titanium.

Yes, TBE/MBC@20 is perfectly fine for a stock ecu...
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

I'd recommend the Megan TBE anyday!!! Love it!!!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe in bang for the buck... as far as exhaust products go, I think Megan is right up there. I refuse to pay ridicules prices for some tubes and a muffler.

Do a search on "Megan" "JDM" with "Zeus" in the name if you want a pretty good thread on the subject.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:44 PM

I do not have megan on my evo but have had it on other cars and loved it. Great product for the money/
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

I have the Megan Racing cat back, it's very nice, though my fitment is a bit off. Sounds awesome, definitely agree with Zeus about the whole pipes/cost thing.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

I'm running the MeganRacing downpipe and high-flow cat...no problems and the fitment is perfect (no rubbing).
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Question: since the 3" catback mates to the stock cat, will it also mate to a 3" high-flow cat?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kronik
I'd recommend the Megan TBE anyday!!! Love it!!!
that's where i saw it from. when i was browsing these forums and couldnt post. i saw it in yuor sig! lol.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by tke_413
I'm running the MeganRacing downpipe and high-flow cat...no problems and the fitment is perfect (no rubbing).

Megan it is than! Ordering it now as we speak. I'm going to try to set up a dealer account with Megan.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Megan 3" turbo back and it has worked great for a year now no problems and it all fit just like stock.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

You mentioned TXS, I would recommend them again. Fitment was awsome on my exhaust, althought I would never order another product from vivid racing again.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I personally prefer to get the cheapest parts that can't be screwed up easily (e.g. exhaust), then pay a little bit more for the more serious mods (cams/turbo).
I definitely agree with that.

I have the Megan TBE and it took some "massaging" to get it to fit. None of the supplied bolts fit in the hanger holes on the exhaust (too big), it needed to be bent in 2 places slightly to get it to center in the cutout, and the rear hanger was about two inches away from reaching the rubber mount on the car. That said, for $550 shipped plus $100 for installation (with all those problems fixed), I am not displeased. When most other turbobacks start at $750, Im happy with paying $650 shipped and installed even with the small issues I had. Also, considering how many other people havent had any problems, I feel like I just got a "Friday" exhaust.

And if you do decide to go with Megan, Zeus is your man.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
I personally prefer to get the cheapest parts that can't be screwed up easily (e.g. exhaust), then pay a little bit more for the more serious mods (cams/turbo)....
I follow the same path here
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't have any fitament issues with my TBE from Megan. I wonder why Mikey did?