Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

trade 03 es for 05 rs?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trade 03 es for 05 rs?

im debating weather or not to trade in my 2003 Lancer ES, or sell it n get a 2005 EVO RS... but first i want it to look like a sleeper n still be stock... only way kids know an EVO is an EVO is the wing, and the front end (hood and bumper) but i was thinkin if anyone knew a good hood with out the vent in the top, and whats a nice looking front bumper for the evo. i think that would make it look like a Regular Lancer w/ a bodykit and tails... i think its a good idea. but lets hear the opinion and all that THANX!
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
of course its a great idea to upgrade your lancer to an evolution!
what are you waiting for...its the end of the month and closing in on the evo 9 release.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

then i'll wait til the 9 comes out... the price for the RS and 8's will drop, right?

but what about the hood and front bumper question? i want a hood with out a vent, and a diff front bumper (pics r cool)
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mitsulancerrace
then i'll wait til the 9 comes out... the price for the RS and 8's will drop, right?

but what about the hood and front bumper question? i want a hood with out a vent, and a diff front bumper (pics r cool)
not by much. they still are ltd production cars. you may want to try dealers in the bible belt for a good deal (bible belt consists of any states within 500 miles of the mississippi)
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

You might want to keep the stock hood w/vent. It gets REAL hot under that hood and the vent really helps in letting that heat out. Just my opinion. You can still make it look like a sleeper with the hood.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by housedj
not by much. they still are ltd production cars. you may want to try dealers in the bible belt for a good deal (bible belt consists of any states within 500 miles of the mississippi)
Im in Upstate NY

Originally Posted by J Dog
You might want to keep the stock hood w/vent. It gets REAL hot under that hood and the vent really helps in letting that heat out. Just my opinion. You can still make it look like a sleeper with the hood.
also i was thinking if i get one painting the intercooler black so its less noticible and throw some mesh in front of it... but the front bumper is deff a choice... want to be able to pass it off as a reg. Lancer and not an Evo.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

why are u going to paint the intercooler and put mesh in front of it...leave the hood and the ic alone..the RS alrdy looks sleeper-ish without the wing on it...why u want ppl to think its a lancer we alrdy have a bunch of ppl who are dumb and think that...its an evo man let every one know its an evo get that RS
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im debating weather or not to trade in my 2003 Lancer ES, or sell it n get a 2005 EVO RS... but first i want it to look like a sleeper n still be stock... only way kids know an EVO is an EVO is the wing, and the front end (hood and bumper) but i was thinkin if anyone knew a good hood with out the vent in the top, and whats a nice looking front bumper for the evo. i think that would make it look like a Regular Lancer w/ a bodykit and tails... i think its a good idea. but lets hear the opinion and all that THANX!
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard...
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

You arent making much sense to me. You want to take a perfect sports car and de- mod it so you can trick people into thinking its a regular Lancer. Anyone who knows anythign about cars will see the wider fenders, brakes, seats, etc..... and know its a EVO. If you want to have a sleeper then put a turbo kit on your current car and that will be a sleeper.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

)
might not be any evo 8 rs left by them

buy now

Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Make sure you calculate maintenance and other costs into your budget before you go ahead with your plan.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:21 AM
Evolving Member

idiot. nobody likes lancers. i especially hate looking at cars i think are evos bc of front bumper mods, etc etc. then i see the taillights/ shape of the car then i look away in disgust.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:26 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah get rid of that ES and pick up an RS... ES = boring... RS = extreme fun Don't wait, do it now. You won't regret it.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:45 AM
Evolved Member

incentives end 8/1/05

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/Re....2.Mitsubishi*
Old Jul 23, 2005, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard...
Hey now, come on! I have gone "full sleeper" on my car(low wing, red tail lights).

If I could find a hood with a different type of vent that wasn't dripping water down on my turbo all the time I would jump on it so fast it would make your head spin. If it also made the car look stealthier I would be even happier. If I ever have the car down for a while (in a year or so when I do the engine build) I will get the FMIC anodized black as well.

Keith