Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Pre Exhaust Install checkout

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pre Exhaust Install checkout

jacked up the car for the first time to check out what i'm going to need to install my full 3" Buschur TBE. Looks like it should go pretty smooth once i get over being freaked out by being under a car on jackstands... yes this may seem pretty lame to you guys, but i usually have all the work done for me. however this time i want to do it myself. Yes i've gone over the how to forum and now i'm just waiting til next thursday any other hints you can give me to make my life easier?
Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

If you would rather work under something more stable, get some ramps. I have used ramps for all my installs. Feels safe IMO.
As for advice:
1. Get a friend to help you out (holding it up while you un-tighten the other bolts, etc.)
2. Let the car cool down (burns are no fun )
3. You might want to get some eye protection so you don't get all that crap in your eyes.
Exhaust installs are usually easy, have fun with the new power.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with Gonzo0991 on his advice. the only thing i don't agree on is using ramps. use them if you want to. there is nothing wrong with using them. i use jackstands all the time. IMO they are mor stable then ramps. the actual install of the exhaust is easy and makes good power. the only thing that annoyed me was the undertray. it has like 5000 connectors that hold it to the car. that took me about 20-30 mins to take of and put back on. hope this helps.

Jeff
Old Jul 22, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. get new gasket if your exhaust system didnt come with any. reusing the stock gasket sucks

2. use a creeper to easily roll around under your car on jackstands. plus its nice and soft to lay on
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

PBblaster is great stuff.

Last edited by Dan_EVO; Sep 24, 2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, i'd already swapped the cat, i swapped the catback today... didn't take any time, an hr at most. (plus i jacked up the front to see where i could get the bung welded onto my dp.

should be a cakewalk, just take your time