Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Becareful out there guys

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2005, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My condolences go out to the families and friends.
The Evo is the fastest car Ive ever owned. Ive had it 2yrs and today the car still scares me everyonce and a while. Please use caution everyone.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Damn!, another teens down with evo. I don't understand those parents who buy Evo's for their teen age kids with 0 car experience, but this time it's borrowed car hm....
I feel sorry for their parents.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

thats the 2nd EVO Driver killed in 1 week.....my prayers and thoughts to the family
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Not understanding the fast steering ratio probably had more to do with it than the power of the car. You twitch the wheel in an EVO and you are in the other lane instead of moving over a foot like you would in a normal car. I feel bad for the familys

Keith
i definitely have to agree wit u on this. since they did borrow the car from a friend, its very possible that they didnt understand this car. like the quick steering ratio, quick throttle response, and most importantly the all-wheel drive factor. he probably panic and let of the gas and just loss all traction. it is really sad that whatever happened while he was driving resulted in him and his friend loosing their lives.

just a note. if anyone on this board let a friend or family member use their car. make sure to let them know and have them understand the nature of this car. this is not an everyday FWD that must people are use too. i make sure everytime i meet someone new wit an evo here in vegas, what to do and not to do. we already had to people here crash their evos. with one confirmed fatality.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mybada
Damn!, another teens down with evo. I don't understand those parents who buy Evo's for their teen age kids with 0 car experience, but this time it's borrowed car hm....
I feel sorry for their parents.
not to argue with u, but the car wasnt his that crashed it. they borrowed the car from a friend. for the most part the inexperience mostly wit the AWD and quick steering ratio was the cause of this accident. something that could possibly happend to anyone who didnt know that much about the evo.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the post just printed it out to kinda keep handy and bring things into a careful consideration. Extremely sorry for the families ! Just seeing the hood on the evo is really bothersome . Maybe some good could come from these pictures and save some lives..
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Good fu*king god. STOP CRASHING YOUR EVO's. This has nothing to do with him being young damnit. I bet what really happened was the driver wasn't familiar with the fast steering. Sorry to them and their families, but this is becoming all too common. STOP CRASHING!
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Not understanding the fast steering ratio probably had more to do with it than the power of the car. You twitch the wheel in an EVO and you are in the other lane instead of moving over a foot like you would in a normal car. I feel bad for the familys

Keith
same here ....I have driven my friends EVO and the steering is no joke...WAY too touchy. And having that with a very fast car can spell trouble, as it did here.

You should have to pass a driving class to drive an EVO.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

I betcha it was on a bumpy uneven crap road... going just 80 on one of those little canyon roads like that unsettles the car like crazy, and the super sensitive steering doesn't help. Friends can let friends drive their Evos all they want, but tell your friends to drive carefully in the driver's ed parking lot And ALWAYS ride with them.

It is always good to have some experience before hopping behind the wheel of an Evo, but the Evo is a lot more forgiving then a lot of cars parents buy their kids, trust me, I learned how to drive/race in an S2000. The accident could've even involved the brakes, as our brakes are a million times more sensitive than even a WRX's. I've seen all too many accidents (at the track) by people who are far too confident in their car and their own abilities... please everyone remember just because that Del Sol is on your tail doesn't mean you have to push yourself past your limit, our cars are awesome, you don't have to prove it. Best of wishes to the families and friends...