Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

400whp under $3500

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
400whp under $3500

Is this possible without any race gas or alky kit. I just want to make more power then what i have now, anything close to 400whp will be great. I dont want to spend too much money and would like to run with 93 octane daily. My mods are BR tbe, BR testpipe, fuel pump, dv, afc, dynoflash, BR filter, and Hallman mbc. I was thinking Aem ems, gsc 270s, and injectors should get me there. Suggestions please.....thanks
Old Jul 24, 2005, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Get the cams and an ALKY kit, that should get you to where you want to be.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPEED
Is this possible without any race gas or alky kit. I just want to make more power then what i have now, anything close to 400whp will be great. I dont want to spend too much money and would like to run with 93 octane daily. My mods are BR tbe, BR testpipe, fuel pump, dv, afc, dynoflash, BR filter, and Hallman mbc. I was thinking Aem ems, gsc 270s, and injectors should get me there. Suggestions please.....thanks
Not without race fuel it won't. Running the stock turbo at 400whp takes every last breath it has honestly and that can't be done on reg pump fuel. 93 pump just isn't good enough. Upgrade the turbo and it is possible but then you will loose your low rpm spoolup and wide power band. The best thing I can tell you to invest in is a tune (flash) or tuning device such as a piggyback/standalone depending on what route you want to take. It will be a good enough increase to keep you happy for a bit. Unless you want to cave in and purchase an alky kit then you won't really need injectors and you will be able to reach your goals.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Get some cams and alcohol
Old Jul 24, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SPEED
Not on 93 oct, or without EMS, or Methanol.. With Cams,EMS, Pump/meth should be no problem.

I'm there now, with cams,Ems,race fuel. When my meth kit goes in, and retuned, I will probabably be the same or higher #s than before...
Old Jul 24, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

morning bump......it's morning in Korea