Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I need advise choosing car. under $35000

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need advise choosing car. under $35000

Hey guy!

I have been in the forum for awhile and i really enjoy

Here is question.....

I will probably buy car in about

month or two and here is break down

I have about 35000 cash and pay in cash

01 M3 6sp (40K miles under)
vs
04 G35 Coupe 6sp (10K miles under)
vs
05 Evo GSR (brand new)

is my choices but, I am not sure if M3 will be reliable.

If you guys were in my shoes, which on would you pick?

If you have any other choices it will be appreciated

=============
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

05 EVO.. your on an evo board, so i think that a lot of people will say evos
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

Well it really depends what you a looking for. What characteristic takes priority?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:50 AM

since this is an evo forum...i think everyone will b biased towards evos...so i say evo
Old Jul 25, 2005, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm well i picked the evo.....so i say go with the evo!! haha
Old Jul 25, 2005, 01:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
1. M3
2. Evo
3. g35.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
05 Evo 8!!
Old Jul 25, 2005, 01:11 AM
Evolved Member

damn what kind of job do you have? I have saved almost every little penny to get my evo but I got a used one. I say the evo only because it would be brand new and have a warranty(if that matters). Have you considered any other cars?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 01:18 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
vett z06, if you could even get one when it comes out without paying the mark-up.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
evo mr if you can find one.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

If this car is going to be your daily driver, I do not think the M3 is going to be a good decision. The M3 is a very good car, but if you are buying used you should be taking into consideration the price of maintainence as well. 01 modesl will have warranties that are going to expire or have already expired. Will you be able to afford the costs of fixing problems that arise after your warranties have expired?

I would suggest the G35 if you're looking for an interior that is more comfortable. If you're looking at the coupe you have a shot at buying a brand new one for that price (before tax). My roomate bought his 2005 G35x with all options except for navigation for $33,300 before tax, so the coupe should be around $34,500. I live in Boston, so I'm not sure about the prices in Seattle. But it's worth haggling with the dealer and see what you can get out of them.

Then again, this is the EVO forums. If you're looking for a fast and fun car to drive around plus the space to use as a daily driver, Evos are the way to go.

Just remember though. You'll be fighting the temptation to spend more money on mods.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:17 AM

Red face

Depends on your goal... New is nice but also has the most depreciation (spelling) EVO's (mitsu's in general) are great when they work and sucky when they don't. You get more bag for the buck iwth the EVO... but no luxury. You will turn the heads of more guys then girls and more teenager's if anything. Assume the warrenty on this car is non existant and dealerships are the last place you want to take your car when you have a problem (assume the car is sold AS-IS from the dealer lot and never look back... find a reputable indepentant mitsu performance shop for maintanence and mods/repairs).

G35 is a nice car as well... it is a balance of luxy and performance. It's not anything special but you will probably enjoy the car for what it is. Warrenty will be honored but they are a second tier japanese car manufacturer. You will probably turn a few female heads and impress those that are not in the teenage category.

M3, This is a car which will turn the heads of guys because they will envy you and you will probably get a lot of the ladies to want to be with you (as long as it's a BMW or Benz ride [possibly audi as well]... girls don't care about anything else). You will have great performance... no need to do mods. Warrenty will be in full effect (assuming you get a certified used one from a dealership). All the 2001-2003 M3's had an issue with the motor main bearing dieing so the engine is warrentied on all for up to 100k miles. Basic maintanence will be expensive (but i would find a good bimmer shop to maintain your ride (oil changes cost about $100). I have seen people get into the worst accidents with these and cars and survive with minimal scuffs. My close friend is alive today because his 2002 M3 sacrificed itself for him. This car will have a better resale value (till the new V8 M3's come out).

You have good taste in cars... all are great choices... find out who the good vehicle service people in your area are and go with that choice is my opinion. Because no matter how great the car... if u have shoddy service on the car... it will be the worst experience you will have.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

if u want a coupe and looks nice, get the M3.
If u want more room and a 4 door sedan, get the Evo.
if u r gonna get a car and mod the hell out of it, EVO.
if u want resell value, get the M3.
if u want a brand new coupe, G35.
if u want a fast car with no mods (stock), M3.
if u want a good handling car, EVO.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

the M3 is about "class".. BMW.. thats German made. It really feels different! but i heard it has lots of electrical problem and lots of $$ to maintain..
the Evo is no comfort.. bumpy ride and loud engine.. but its fast and u can do lots of $hit with it.. good handling... more a tuner car..
the G35 is like in between those 2.. definitely looks and sounds good and cheaper to maintain... lots of goodies in the car and very comfortable! but slowest (stock)..
so..... if u want class, get the M3
if u want speed, get the Evo
if u want comfort, get the G35
i like my evo but i personally like the G35 the most...
u got $35k... why get an used car when u can get a brand new?? u never know what the previous driver did to the car....
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

i would get an evo mr, i would buy a new car over used any day. i like the other 2 cars, but an evo mr would out perform both of them.

Quick Reply: I need advise choosing car. under $35000