Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

storing my EVO and car insurance and tips

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you'd like, I'll be willing to drive your Evo on your behalf for it's proper 10k a year pace...I'll even change the oil and rotate the tires for ya! what do you think? better piece of mind than wondering if you'll have a flat spot on your tires...
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

I think it boils down to calling your insurance company. Some banks require comprehensive and collision, some don't need collision if its garaged (I own my Evo outright, but my other cars, when I garage them, the lender is cool and doesn't need collision). As far as keeping your plates, if its a vanity plate, you can keep them with comprehensive. If not, why not just turn them in? Also, for storage, get a car cover (OEM or something from Covercraft or a legitimate company), add some fuel stabilizer to the tank (get it from Autozone or something), get some tire cradles from http://www.tirecradle.com/tcradle.htm (they work amazing), and change the oil. Let it run for a bit to circulate everything, disconnect the battery, and that's about it.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

My EVO is currently sitting in safe storage until I can afford a new transmission. I temporarily suspended insurance on it. No nastygrams from my lender yet. I do need to talk with my insurance company to see if theft is still covered.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kama Supra
Why not take the cars with you guys. College is a blast, and to have an evo on campus would be way fun.
It is, but I live at home still and go to an in-state college.