Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Post Positive Dealer Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2005, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Positive Dealer Experiences

Why is it that most of the stories I hear about Mitsu dealers are negative? No warranty coverage, shady mechanics, improper repair, cars taken for joy rides, etc, etc, etc and on and on and on! What is going on here? I don't recall seeing any positive experiences at a dealership except the one I posted a few days ago concerning my ability to keep my warranty despite modding my car. Ususually, they wash the cars after any service but the Service Rep was kind enought to tell me that they take them to automatic car washes and that it may scratch my EVO so I told them don't worry about it. I would have been pissed if they took it thru an auto carwash and am thankful that he told me. I am always greeted by the salesmen and they remember me for buying their only MR. Service has been topnotch so far and everyone has been courteous and kind. Of course I haven't had to do any major repairs yet so I guess I can't really comment about service but so far, all is well and I am a happy customer. I wish everyone else had similar experiences. Maybe big city dealers are not as hospitable as smaller towns. West and East coast cities seem to be harshest. Just thought I'd post something positive for once and to say that not all dealers are a**holes. I'm sure we always hear the bad stories but there are probably more good ones that go unnoticed. Give props when props are due.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor

i cant see this being a very big thread..
Old Jul 26, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In the DC area, Alexandria Mitsu is the ONLY service department to go to for service and/or warranty claims. They do great work and don't deny warranty claims unless it's obvious that a particular mod caused a failure and can be proven.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Positive Dealer Experiences - does this really exist?
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

"Hurr hurr all Mitsubishi Cars/Dealers suck!"

Christ you guys, get over yourselves, half of you bring your misfortune on yourselves by being complete DIP****S. This is how EvoM works:

Hay guys I launch my car at 90000RPM at every stop light now the dealer won't replace my clutch for free, WHAT ****ING JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Come the hell on, if you bring your fancy Civic Si into a Honda dealership with mods out the *** and a blown clutch they will tell you to **** off as fast as Mitsubishi does.

I for one had a positive dealership experience at Herb Connolly Mitsu in Natick, MA. The dealership was very low pressure and the guys even gave me a ride to and from work when I gave them my trade-in so they could prep my new car. Their service department is top notch and they have not given me trouble about any modifications.

I CAN'T BE ALONE ON THIS STUFF, FOLKS.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor

well your one of the lucky few...
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
well your one of the lucky few...
MOST Car dealerships suck. Clearly you guys have not owned other cars. I got more **** with my Acura RSX-S over a stupid intake than I did with my Evolution. If you want to mod up your cars EVERY dealership is going to be a dick about it.

Lastly you guys need to realize that dealerships are out to make money, not friends. They aren't going to sit around and chat it up about how cool drag racin and hot girls are. They are going to extort as much money as they can out of you because thats how they STAY IN BUSINESS.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

I also have had positive experiences at Otto mitsubishi in Clifton park NY. Great service and are also mod friendly. I even took the salesman for a testdrive in my car after i had it tuned lol. Very nice group of people.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
MOST Car dealerships suck. Clearly you guys have not owned other cars. I got more **** with my Acura RSX-S over a stupid intake than I did with my Evolution. If you want to mod up your cars EVERY dealership is going to be a dick about it.

Lastly you guys need to realize that dealerships are out to make money, not friends. They aren't going to sit around and chat it up about how cool drag racin and hot girls are. They are going to extort as much money as they can out of you because thats how they STAY IN BUSINESS.
Uh, but they get paid just the same if they do warranty work, except that it comes from Mitsu instead of us. They could make a LOT MORE MONEY by being good businessmen who treat customers right. Repeat business = good business; denied warranty claims = lost customers = bad business.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Uh, but they get paid just the same if they do warranty work, except that it comes from Mitsu instead of us. They could make a LOT MORE MONEY by being good businessmen who treat customers right. Repeat business = good business; denied warranty claims = lost customers = bad business.
Most dealerships deny warranty work because the regional rep. says no, not because they don't want the work. It usually isn't their call.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey jdoc where are you in illinois. Max madsen in Aurora is a bunch of jag bags. I only go for my "free regularly scheduled maintenence" which actually is every other b/c they consider regular schedule to be 7500 miles.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Little Rock Mitsubishi. Little Rock, AR

They take real good care of everything I have ever asked of them, from giving me loaner car to getting my wing warranteed when the clear started to turn.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tsurara
Most dealerships deny warranty work because the regional rep. says no, not because they don't want the work. It usually isn't their call.
No, not "most." "Most" of the stories we hear are denials directly from the service dept. If it's something that gets blocked by the regional rep, then that has nothing to do with the dealership trying to make money, which was the point you made earlier (that I subsequently refuted).
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:37 AM

hey jdoc where are you in illinois. Max madsen in Aurora is a bunch of jag bags. I only go for my "free regularly scheduled maintenence" which actually is every other b/c they consider regular schedule to be 7500 miles
Peoria, IL. O'brien Mitsubishi
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

i had a great experience with Boch Mitsubishi on route 1 in mass. i forget what town its techinically in but for anyone in mass its on the Automile. they were great to deal with, found the exact car i wanted, and even after a little confusion at first ( i was dealing with them from philadelphia with my father as a middleman) i ended up very happy. the salesmen even had my car filled with 93 when i picked it up instead of crap 87 that they put in every other car. they gave me what i consider to be a good deal, including well above book value on my jeep that i traded in. in fact when after they gave me the qoute on my jeep i put another 1500 miles on it and they still gave me the same price. i havent been back for any service or anything else yet but i am willing to bet i will get the same type of service.