Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Tons of problems with Lancer Shop !!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all of this customer service also depends on alot of things such as if u have been dealling with the same person over and over and have built a customer-supplier relationship. if u know the person pretty well, the person will most likely go out of the way to help u, but if its someone that just ordered like once then theyll provide their "normal excellent service" not their oh let me stop my entire company and help u right now.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Itsmeeugene - there is no "person" so there is nobody to "go out of their way". It's an OSCommerce site run totally in absentia.

MastaMinds operates at least 7 of these.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

I ordered alot of things from Lancershop in the past. That was before they got real big. I loved talking to sales rep who knew about the product they were selling. Now they got so big they outsourced. The person answering the phone has no idea about cars(talking from experience) I had a problem and it got resolved only after I posted on here about it . Hopefully then same will happen for you. When I am ready to order some more things , I will give them a second chance.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

well, i ordered many things from them, no complaint about any of their service. i'll say its top notch. if there is a problem with it i suggest calling them.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 01:49 PM

It was really funny reading this post because it's almost a mirror image of the problems that I had with my last order from them. I ordered a bunch of parts and they sent me a gauge pod instead of the black UK badge. I called them expecting to talk to one of the guys down there like when I called them awhile back on my last order. Got customer service that was somewhere else and she said they would call me back. I was steamed because I wanted it to be fixed and have it shipped out the same day. They call me back later and she said she was sorry and not sure how it happened. I asked her to send it to me so it would be there by Friday so I can install it during the weekend. She said that she would have to ship it 3 day and she was sorry about the mixup. I said ok and they sent me a tracking number and it was shipped ground. She called me back the next day after I emailed them and said she was sorry and refunded me 10 dollars. I don't really want to order stuff from them again but there is a small chance if nobody else has the product.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by westchester evo
. I called them and now they have a off sight customer service center.
Then they have to call you back .. What a circle jerk.

Never again .....It seams thay dont stock any thing and just drop ship from all of the companys they buy from....NOT GOOD... BAD...
i hate that ^^
i guess its time to buy from 500whp
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WrX Kila
I ordered alot of things from Lancershop in the past. That was before they got real big. I loved talking to sales rep who knew about the product they were selling. Now they got so big they outsourced. The person answering the phone has no idea about cars(talking from experience)
me 2.
i also cant stand the idiot sales reps. i had to deal with them last time i ordered
i guess its time to move on to a different online buyer
lancershop was good ....
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

ive never had a problem with them
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

same problems here they use a outside customer service there are like 3 companies that I know of that use the same service Lancer Shop, Turbo Wholesale, and Mastaminds ALL have the same company for customer service. I been waiting over 7 weeks now for a greddy radiator shroud
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

I've ordered from both lancershop & vivid..........I'll pass on both places......lancershop website says in stock call them it's on backorder....vivid product came cracked and no receipt and the guy I ordered from didn't sound to sure he knew what he was doing I put the piece in my car cracked instead of having to wait forever for them to fix the problen,hell I didn't even call them about it.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

I ordered my boost gauge/timer from them (and that nifty JDM airfreshener....really, it rocks!! almost a year old and nowhere near worn out!!!) When part of my shipment didnt come in, I called, got ahold of someone there and they straight up told me they drop ship, and the place that had my parts was under a few feet of water (the big huricane in FL last year) Still, this was before the outsourcing.....maybe you guys that all had stellar things to say also ordered before this happened?
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Only recently did I have a problem with Lancershop's cust service. They truly are outsourced and I never got my question answered. However, I have always had a problem with ups whenever I've had something shipped from them. I'd swear Ace Ventura delivered my package, although nothing inside has ever been damaged.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered a new timing belt,balance belt and timing belt tensioner from them on july 26 with 3 day shipping and they sent me someone else's packing of a evolution badge from california and i live in pennsylvania..I had to sit on the phone with them for like 2hours until they could tell me what happened to my stuff.Now i have to wait even longer for my car to go back together now.Ive ordered from them before and had no issues so i will give them 1 more chance.If they mess up again im done with them.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

another disappointed LancerShop customer here, i tried literally 10 times to talk to someone at the shop (not just the customer service morons) and no one called me back. they advertise customer service by phone 24/7 but what good is that? all the people do is type your order into the computer. and god forbid they offer overnight shipping...the reply i got was "we can't do overnight, we don't know if its in stock" well, that's why i asked you to have the shop call me.

nothing but frustration.

500whp, on the other hand, answered my call right away (Jeff, i believe) shipped my parts overnight (to arrive on saturday) AND cut me a break on the price without me asking to make up for some of the shipping

since then i tell everyone to shop 500whp. lancershop will never get my business again.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed

500whp, on the other hand, answered my call right away (Jeff, i believe) shipped my parts overnight (to arrive on saturday) AND cut me a break on the price without me asking to make up for some of the shipping

since then i tell everyone to shop 500whp. lancershop will never get my business again.
yes i know jeff personally and hes a close friend of mine. he has always dealt everyone good prices and great deals, and ALWAYS quick shipping. ive gone to meets where i find out that alot of people have dealt with jeff and all of them have said that jeff is one of the best!

Quick Reply: Tons of problems with Lancer Shop !!!