Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Paint Melting???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of you are unaware but since lead has been removed from paints, paint quality has drastically decreased. I wax my vehicle once a week, it may seem crazy, but I didn't pay $30,000 for my car to have that s*!t on it, either. I drive a Tarmac Black IX, so that makes my waxing frequently understandable, I'm sure. One of the reasons I do this is because I've seen a 2002 Eclipse in black with giant blotches on the roof from the paint fading from the sun. That was only 4 years back. I'm sure we get a little bit better paint on our Evo's, but an Eclipse is a mitsu and I'm not letting the FL heat get to it. As for those tar spots, it's most likely the tire shine like said before. Use a tire gel or something like that, where it sticks better and whipe it on, also. After you drive make sure it didn't splatter and if it did take some cleaner wax to it.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

try rain-x bug and tar remover...spray and let sit for 3-5 mins...and take toothbrush and it comes off like butter, wash, wax....good **** you learn alot on a prius...and your telling me the evo has thin paint....mabe it has something to do with cars being made in japan....prius...one of few toyotas imported....evo only mitsu imported...
Old Aug 12, 2006, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

no this is stuff from factory when they paint, dust and **** gets on it, use a clay bar and it'll come off