Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

thinking about trading in the evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aikido
no thx, honda is not my thing, i can't stand cars that don't have any torque. Anyways if i'm going to trade the evo, it's going to be a luxury car, cause i could never be satisfied with less performance out another sports car.
how about a bmw 3 series ?
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
imo the g35/350 are not much more practical. They both ride just at rough as the evo, cost just as much for maint, and are extremely slower. Most of the evo owners i know in person used to own g35's and 350. They all say they just dont have any *****. Every single person i know with a 350 has very squeaky brakes which we all know can get quite annoying. Its your choice but just giving my opinion.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SuperchargedGTZ
well it didnt start doing this until after my warranty was up (45K miles), but when I had the rep come look at my car for an open work order that SHELTON, CT mitsu had not completed yet, I showed him the brembos and his exact reply was "Mitsu started to cover these when it first was made know, but after they took a national look at how many people were having this issue, Mitsu stopped covering these under warranty". Which I know for a fact is BS because some peps on here just recently had theirs replaced.
doesnt the evo have 60k warranty?
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

I had a g35 sedan got rid of it. Kinda borning to drive, didn't handle too well and felt like I was navigating a boat. It was comfy, and had good power but just not my cup of tea. Performance is really the most important thing to me and I missed doing track events (yes, I could have done it in the G but didn't want to). I thought I wanted a grown-up car with the G but I was wrong.

-Ron
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

i love my squeaky brakes. it draws attention to me. Im cool......because even with squeaky a$$ brakes......my car is still cooler than a G35/350 IMO. I like it. (not the brake squeak)
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:46 PM

G35 is very nice, but I would rather spend a bit more and get a E46 M3.

Originally Posted by Aikido
Well, I've had my evo for 7 months now, Awsome car, but becoming inpratical, I've had a few problems with it already, and i'm worried about the cost of maintence in the future. Anyways I'm think about trading in on a G35, Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts and opinions on the G35

EVO- pro vs. con - G35
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

^^^^mine has 36k warranty.

maintenance on the g35 is just as bas as the evo. you might save a couple of dollars on tires, but everything else will be just as expensive and often. i wouldnt drive any other car everyday. makes driving fun and not a task. you will always wonder what could have been if you just told the evo how much you loved her.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

The grass isn't always greener on the otherside.

I wouldn't buy any of the newer Nissan products.

They have recalls and problems like many other cars.

The VQ35 motors used in the latest Nissan vehicles
uses light weight internals, pencil thin connecting rods, weak
light weight pistons, open deck aluminum block.

I just got rid of my Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV with the same
technowledgy inspired QR25DE.

IMO the Evo has better build quality than most Nissans.

I'll stick to my bullet proof 4G63 cast iron closed deck block.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

when i was shopping for a new car i checked out the g35 coupe and sedan. but with the new 3 series out you might want to give that a good look. 330i is probobly pretty quick and it drives like a bmw so thats a plus, not to mention its got a lot of toys, but thats starting to get more expensive, the g shouldnt be more than like 35 i think
Old Aug 1, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

I think you are selling the evo for the wrong reason. If you sell it, only to buy a more expensive car, with just as much maintenance responsibilties but with less performance, you'll be pretty frustrated. You'll probly eat alot of money by getting rid of it due to the depreciation of driving it off the lot. You should keep it, or consider a car that will truely be cheaper, which some good ones were already mentioned because i think you'll regret buying the g35, i mean, the wow factor on the interior will fade fast, and the gas pedal will leave you wanting more.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
i was in the same rough spot as you. here is my take on it: the EVO is an amazing machine that brings smiles to my face and tears to my eyes everytime i drive it. however, it is not the best daily driver out there not by far. i think that if i needed only one car, i would go with the g35coupe. sure, it is slower and doesn't handle like the evo but it does have a good combinattion of comfort, sportiness and speed.

just my 0.02c
Just got this brand spanking new for my beater!!! Not bad, as blonde saids....it does have a good combo of comfort, sportiness, speed, style, etc, etc. The EVO is all about raw performance, but it's not for everyone. IMO, the G35 is a much better daily driver. Anyhow, sorry about the crappy picture quality.
Attached Thumbnails thinking about trading in the evo-picture-001.jpg  
Old Aug 1, 2005, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

and not to mention that if you upgrade. yeah the maintenance may be less often. I know guys that work at BMW and Benz......dont have something go wrong that wouldnt be warrantied. You could buy an EVO for the price of some things damn near.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

i would just get a beater man, i still to this day enjoy driving my evo and wouldnt trade it for anything
Old Aug 1, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

If youre thinking of getting a G35, I dont know why you have an EVO to begin with. They are such different cars. A 2 door luxury coupe or an all out performance machine with 0% luxury.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

just traded a black g35 coupe in for a 05 evo, baby on the way needed a 4 door lol
the wife loves the evo but hates the stiff ride. she misses the g35 coupe alot

Quick Reply: thinking about trading in the evo