Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

thinking about trading in the evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
to me every car has their own problems, but don't get me wrong i wouldn't mind owning a g35 along with my evo.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've been thinking of doing it also. I had my evo for 2 months and its an amazing machine. Thing is its a daily driver and i have a bit of a bumpy road, all it does it shake and make plastic slapping noise. I'm still thinking though.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Dude...keep the EVO VIII and get a POS for a daily driver...and continue to fight the BREMBO issue. It is still covered by warranty. I am fortunate...the Mitsubishi service rep at the dealership near my house is top notch. I went in one day just to get hood vent lips, and he came out to me and offered to warranty the tranny (2nd and 4th gear synchos), the heater core, and my floor mats I WAS SHOCKED TO SAY THE LEAST!! Sam, if you're reading this, YOU ARE THE MAN!! Anf the 350Z and G35's are not the most cost effective answers to maintance. The Z's are like in the top 10 for most complained about cars right now. and the G35 is the same car+more luxury! I know people who have both, and we ALL have incurred roughly the same in maintance costs so far...and I replaced things already that weren't worn, I just knew they would go with mods!! Good luck either way you go!!
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
red evo in the HBG area, we should meet up sometime, I work in middletown
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:42 AM

if you want luxury the g35 is a good choice
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:51 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
g35 with the torque differential pseudo awd system does work well.

G35 is a great car, rides comfortably, the sedan is very roomy, looks great, handles well, performance could be a bit lacking but few mods here and there could easily solve that.

insurance, i'm sure will be cheaper.

obviously you're looking at the sedan, since getting a coupe will be sorta impractical, since you're leaving a great performing 4 door sedan for a small coupe that handles not nearly as good as an evo with smaller trunk space, 2 less doors.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
g35 with the torque differential pseudo awd system does work well.

G35 is a great car, rides comfortably, the sedan is very roomy, looks great, handles well, performance could be a bit lacking but few mods here and there could easily solve that.

insurance, i'm sure will be cheaper.

obviously you're looking at the sedan, since getting a coupe will be sorta impractical, since you're leaving a great performing 4 door sedan for a small coupe that handles not nearly as good as an evo with smaller trunk space, 2 less doors.

Actually no, luxury sports cars are more expensive...the EVO VIII was less expensive than the 350Z, G35 coupe, SRT-4, and SPEC V...I took the higher car payments, half the monthly insurance payments, and bought the EVO VIII.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

i'm having the same thought... also considered the G35.. yes its a very nice car but i think there're so many out there. think about the legacy GT. its still a turbo and its comfy... kinda fast too.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EVIL VIII
The Z's are like in the top 10 for most complained about cars right now.
that sounds about right
i dont even own a z and i still complain about them.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dude...keep the EVO VIII and get a POS for a daily driver...and continue to fight the BREMBO issue. It is still covered by warranty. I am fortunate...the Mitsubishi service rep at the dealership near my house is top notch. I went in one day just to get hood vent lips, and he came out to me and offered to warranty the tranny (2nd and 4th gear synchos), the heater core, and my floor mats I WAS SHOCKED TO SAY THE LEAST!! Sam, if you're reading this, YOU ARE THE MAN!! Anf the 350Z and G35's are not the most cost effective answers to maintance. The Z's are like in the top 10 for most complained about cars right now. and the G35 is the same car+more luxury! I know people who have both, and we ALL have incurred roughly the same in maintance costs so far...and I replaced things already that weren't worn, I just knew they would go with mods!! Good luck either way you go!!

No doubt, Sam is the man.I wouldn't take my car anywhere else. As a matter of fact Im about to bring my car in for the 15k service ive been putting aside. one of my ac knob is acting up, i didnt even know about it until sam told me. He suggested right away to get it fix for free.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

The G35 is a GREAT car. IMO... it's worth every penny. It has style, luxary and breaths a genuine sport car. It's not as fast as an evo, but it's def a quick car. It's very reliable aswell, only problem I had so far was squeeky front brakes but I got that fix. Still, it's very much worth it.

Only real way to know, is a test drive.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 06:09 AM

[COLOR=Red]Trading in a G35 for a beast[/COLOR]

i like them both. you got taste my man i must say like the rest said if ur going for perfomance keep the evo if your going for stunt get the g35 thats what i'd do......my opinion :d HOLLA
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:15 AM

if you looking for more of a luxury vehicle...go with the G35
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Before I decided on my Evo I looked at the G35. I didn't get one because they hadn't released the AWD model yet. My plan was to get the G35 and then put a blower kit on it, not too much more than the mod path I took with the Evo. With the job I'm in now I've given some consideration to selling my Evo and revisiting the G35 idea as I'll be making more visits to clients and stuff. I'm sorry, but a 30 something year old white guy showing up to represent his business in a silver Evo with an obnoxious wing and loud exhaust doesn't really cut it. Only those who know what they're looking at can really appreciate the Mitsu, but they are few and far between.

Sam
Old Aug 6, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Actually no, luxury sports cars are more expensive...the EVO VIII was less expensive than the 350Z, G35 coupe, SRT-4, and SPEC V...I took the higher car payments, half the monthly insurance payments, and bought the EVO VIII.
not always true... what i paid for insurance on an srt4 AND a G35 is about my premium for JUST the evo.

Quick Reply: thinking about trading in the evo