Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

thinking about trading in the evo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinking about trading in the evo

Well, I've had my evo for 7 months now, Awsome car, but becoming inpratical, I've had a few problems with it already, and i'm worried about the cost of maintence in the future. Anyways I'm think about trading in on a G35, Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts and opinions on the G35

EVO- pro vs. con - G35
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

get the g35....if you are not so worried about performance. dont get me wrong, i love the performance of my evo, but the build quality is just so crappy. if i take some picture of the hood on my car and brembo you will see just how bad the paint is on this car...well mine is an 8...but i wouldnt why it would be that much difference.

this is just my opinion. you will probably get everyone here saying keep the evo. to each his/her own.

again as I stated earlier i wouldnt trade the performance of the car in for anything, but that is just me. but then again, everytime i walk out to my car and see all the nicks in my hood, and see how bad my brembos are peeling, it just sickens me
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:22 PM

You'll get more if you make the trade and you are one if you make the trade.

They are totally different cars.

topout
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

totally different...but the g35 is nice. that or a 350 would be my only other choice.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

lol, well didn't expect that kind of opinion but ok, the performance i will miss that I will not deny, but i will eventually get another evo. But it will be my weekend car not my daily driver.
Originally Posted by topout
You'll get more if you make the trade and you are one if you make the trade.

They are totally different cars.

topout
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

you havent tried to get them warrantied???

again as I stated earlier i wouldnt trade the performance of the car in for anything, but that is just me. but then again, everytime i walk out to my car and see all the nicks in my hood, and see how bad my brembos are peeling, it just sickens me
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

i was in the same rough spot as you. here is my take on it: the EVO is an amazing machine that brings smiles to my face and tears to my eyes everytime i drive it. however, it is not the best daily driver out there not by far. i think that if i needed only one car, i would go with the g35coupe. sure, it is slower and doesn't handle like the evo but it does have a good combinattion of comfort, sportiness and speed.

just my 0.02c
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

brakes prolly wouldn't fall under t hat as they are a "wear and tear" item, it's sad that they would claim that on the paint on the brakes but they prolly would
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lookEVO
you havent tried to get them warrantied???
well it didnt start doing this until after my warranty was up (45K miles), but when I had the rep come look at my car for an open work order that SHELTON, CT mitsu had not completed yet, I showed him the brembos and his exact reply was "Mitsu started to cover these when it first was made know, but after they took a national look at how many people were having this issue, Mitsu stopped covering these under warranty". Which I know for a fact is BS because some peps on here just recently had theirs replaced.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

as soon as i get around to it im gonna give it a shot. I just wanna wait for the tranny too.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear your gonna sell
check out a rsx type s
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

no thx, honda is not my thing, i can't stand cars that don't have any torque. Anyways if i'm going to trade the evo, it's going to be a luxury car, cause i could never be satisfied with less performance out another sports car.
Originally Posted by burningmoney97
sorry to hear your gonna sell
check out a rsx type s
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blonde
i was in the same rough spot as you. here is my take on it: the EVO is an amazing machine that brings smiles to my face and tears to my eyes everytime i drive it. however, it is not the best daily driver out there not by far. i think that if i needed only one car, i would go with the g35coupe. sure, it is slower and doesn't handle like the evo but it does have a good combinattion of comfort, sportiness and speed.

just my 0.02c

I couldnt agree with you more.. I foundd that when I got a beater for a daily driver, something that was easy to drive and not worry about but was nice enough to get me threw day to day.. I started to love my evo more and more. I dont think I would want her for a daily driver, but for a fun car, you cant beat it.

beater = 98 2.5 rs scooby tehehehe.

Last edited by EidolaDream; Aug 1, 2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aikido
Well, I've had my evo for 7 months now, Awsome car, but becoming inpratical, I've had a few problems with it already, and i'm worried about the cost of maintence in the future. Anyways I'm think about trading in on a G35, Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts and opinions on the G35

EVO- pro vs. con - G35
I'm in the same boat... I also consider the same car. I also lloked at other cars. While driving my wifes car I notice myself saying "Wish I was in my Evo." No matter what I looked at or drove or saw... When I came home and saw the Evo I knew to keep it.

Keep the Evo, I think you'll be much happier.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

you should keep the evo if you are planning on buying another one. You will save money in the long run. So you should buy a cheaper daily driver. The rsx-s is actually a pretty nice car- nothing compared to the evo though. Its probably the most modable i4 n/a engine. It takes bolt ons very well and their is a pretty big aftermarket for it. Also they get pretty good gas mileage.

An celica gt-s handles better then the rsx and is a very light car. Bad thing is they dont have that big of an aftermarket selection.

New civic si's coming out. They actually look pretty nice and is comparable to the rsx-s but comes with lsd and im not sure what else now- i havent kept up with the news on it.

A wrx you still get the awd but thats about it. You will also save gas mileage if you get a piggy back and run it in enviroment mode or whatever its called. Some claim as getting mid 30's mpg!!!

New eclipse uhhh I wouldnt get it but you said you had to have torque... I would also not consider the rrx-8 kuz its just crappy.

If you could get a used car then their are tons out there.

G35 is nice but sorta expensive. I'd get one over a 350z though thats for sure.

Quick Reply: thinking about trading in the evo