Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2005, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay...I hate to say it's stupid...and I'm probably going to have ppl telling me I don't love my Evo as much as I should or I don't deserve a car this nice...

I am probably still just as ana.l about stuff like this making sure I'm parked far away from others..etc...

and if I was in your shoes maybe 1.5 years ago, I would have gone crazy over this...but don't sweat the small stuff!

It's nothing money can't fix. Life could be worse. Just move on, there's more things in this world far more significant than this.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 05:26 PM

Cars get scratches and dings.... If you get it painted it will probably just happen again - in the same spot or somewhere else.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Had almost the same thing happen. My trunk got hit by a baseball, so i ordered a cf hood and trunk (good excuse for my parents to allow me to get the hood and trunk). When i got a dent in my passenger door, i had AMS fix it and they matched the paint perfectly.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 05:31 PM

So sorry to hear that about your hood 1 week after i got my 04 evo 8 I'm driving down the hiway and i see this huge rock flying at my passenger side of the car i try to move out of the way and it SMACK lands on my hood a dimple and 2" scratch on the hood and a broken window to boot so i feel you. I always park my car in 2 or 3 spots so as to not get any door dings on her either and then to fix the hood i got a Siebon TsII carbon fiber and then Siebon tells me they dont have any in stock so i get the OEM hood and guess what i put the hood up to get Oil changed and it cracks on me so get warrentee from Seibon and they will send me the Orignal TSII hood that i wanted to begin with so Im now on my 3rd Hood how bad is that i just want to drive and have some force field to prevent that from happining again But goos luck on the paint match or get a nice C/F it looks good ill have pics for my ride with the TSII soon
Old Aug 7, 2005, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by mdosu
okay...I hate to say it's stupid...and I'm probably going to have ppl telling me I don't love my Evo as much as I should or I don't deserve a car this nice...

I am probably still just as ana.l about stuff like this making sure I'm parked far away from others..etc...

and if I was in your shoes maybe 1.5 years ago, I would have gone crazy over this...but don't sweat the small stuff!

It's nothing money can't fix. Life could be worse. Just move on, there's more things in this world far more significant than this.
You are 1000 percent right - we have very close friends with a very sick child, which always puts things into perspective (let alone what goes on in the world today) - I have been humbled by her parents' couragousness. I really feel for any parent that has to live through the serious/fatal illness of a child.

However, on a significantly lesser plane, the scratch still bugs the crap out of me.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Friend of mine did the same thing. If you were in Central FL, I could recommend a great body man. Good luck with the repair.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 08:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thegame
Sorry to hear... It seems like owners like us are the ones who always have this kind of stuff happen to us. No paint job will ever be 100% factory replacement, but there are good places that will make it pretty darn close. Good luck to you.
From what Ive seen from factory Evo paint, any good painter could far exceed the quality of the factory paint.................

At least it would get clear coated!
Old Aug 7, 2005, 08:14 PM

cf hood = )
Old Aug 7, 2005, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks man i hope everything works out for you
Old Aug 7, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

cf hood
Old Aug 7, 2005, 08:35 PM

would anyone out there who bought a c/f hood have it painted to match?
Old Aug 7, 2005, 09:26 PM

If it's not scratched through to the primer, could you spend your deductable on paintless dent removal, and buff out the scratch? It might not be perfect, but it might be better than a repaint. You won't have to report it to your insurance.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 09:31 PM
Former Vendor

cf hood..