Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Vandals totalled my Evo tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
;p my Fort Knox is in my garage. When I get mine she's staying inside overnight. EVEN at my friend's house. I'm kicking out the crappiest car in the garage.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:22 AM

LOL... WEll kicking most ordinary cars out of the garage is a good idea because the Evo is more likely to get egged then most other cars. It's a good thing you weren't there when this happened otherwise you could've died a horrible slow death. Next time I would've waited accross the street away from my car. Just out of curiosity, how did your girlfriend give you a ride if you didn't have a cell phone signal to call her? And even then, how come you didn't just tell her to get some gas and bring it back? Was she just cruzin' along and happened to see you? Either way, you didn't have to leave something like that out in the street waiting for attention.

I feel for you man, I feel for you. A $5k video camera got stolen from me once, that sucked *****. And my business depends on it. But I'd rather have a video camera stolen then my Evo (well, I wish) be beaten up. When I get an Evo I'll make sure to keep it in the garage and lock the garage door, of course w/24 hour video survalience...which isn't a problem anyways.

Peace man. Good luck with insurance and congratz on your new Cobra. Drive Safely and refuel constantly.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

E-locks on the garage that won't open w/o a card swipe and 3 different PIN inputs of 12 digits each. That should keep it safe...
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:35 AM
Evolved Member

man that f*kin sucks a*s so bad
Old Aug 23, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
man, I'm sorry to hear about your car. Although the people that did this are total jerks and morons, I'd have to say that they must know the Evo at least a little bit. What are the chances that random vandals are going to know that the ECU is behind the glove box? After all, ever car I've owned or worked on has had the ECU in a different location.

I hope things work out for you and that you get your Evo fixed or replaced! I know what a pain the repairs will be for this much damage...
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Well there is a guy around here w/ an evo, who hangs out w/ the wrong crowd. I heard Through the "Grape Vine" that he knows what happened.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 10:03 PM

he prolly wanted the best lookin evo in ur town. i must say before the vandals got 2 it ur evo looked pretty sick. love the color with the coated wheels and cf hood...looked pretty damn sweet. seems like the only way for him 2 have the best evo was 2 kill the other 1...or i guess they drove by randomly and saw it sittin there and were wtf...no ones here, lets **** this up.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly if I were to think of an insurance scam this would be it. Not saying thats what happened, but damn, everything just 'happened' at the right time. Best of luck with your future cars.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

The wing comes off in five minutes. You just remove four nuts from the underside of the trunk lid. I've done it. Of course you have to get into the the trunk, but that's trivial after you break the driver's window.

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
well, they took his UTEC, and some gauges. Wing isn't easy to get off, neither is the stereo.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

I miss my Evo...............
Old Sep 3, 2005, 03:14 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, Really sorry to hear what happend. Man... this reminds me of back in April when my car was vandalized. Looking at your pictures seems like they did damage on my car lightly , hope things work out, I ended up fixing the car with money out of my pocket, and it's now fixed like new, and everything's back to normal. I have not driven the car much after that inicident and it's always covered and garaged. It's sad what jelous people can do... I didn't know I had enemies, as I JUST moved into the neighbor about 2 weeks before this happend. I don't talk to anyone here nor hang out here.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For this reason, i dont leave my EVO unattended
Old Sep 3, 2005, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really feel for you man. I hope you catch the bastards!! I feel like wuppin' their a$$ myself!!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Well the police took fingerprints off my car, And they questioned two guys thursday of this week. Maybe we are gettin close to catchin them.