Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bought evo, lost evo, f mitsu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cherish all the time you have left with your evo. Meaning cruise the whole night.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

ha. damn that would be ice cold to drain the oil on that car. mean but very funny.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

I think burnouts and donuts are in order

Ive heard that dealerships have 3 days to finalize financing after u take the car.

Id let them take the car -- f**k them, if you bought this Evo you can find another one...
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You don't get it. Keeping the car screws the dealer because Mitsu is not writing the loan at 0%. Dealer either has to beg and hope or eat the financing on the car. They are not making a profit, they are getting screwed.
I used to work at a dealer and am pretty sure there are now laws against this practice.
I know in NJ you can't release a car without verifying insurance first.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Yep, timzcat hit it right on the head - it's their own fault and legally you should get to keep the car if you want to. I actually worked for GM for a little bit (ugh what a terrible company / job that was...) and I mainly worked with warranty / service related stuff - nothing sales related. Even though I couldn't do anything about sales issues, I would hear about them all the time. There was one that is just like what happened here, and the dealer f**ked up bigtime and gave this guy way too good a deal. Anyhow, the guy called to let us know that he was not going to give it back and if it was repo'd he would get a lawyer, etc. etc... Just thought I'd share that little story since it is somewhat related.

Really sucks to hear it happen at a Mitsu dealer...
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Phalse
I know there are alota people saying keep it.. but it just seems wrong to let someone who wants to treat you that way make profit on you.. f that..

Let em have it back and ill just save another year or 2.

And as much as id like to take a dump in the backseat and give it to them, foolish to treat it abusively, and then them not give me my $$ back.
Do you want the car ? I mean you basically have the oppurtunity to screw them over with 2600$ in charges. thats eating away at that profit that you were reffering to . I say keep it tell them to go **** themselves and take it for service there all the time with a smile on your face and god help them if they do something wrong to your car because then its premeditated. teehee
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

WHAT THE HELL that is some garbage. that doesnt suprise me with ****ty mitsu dealer
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by timzcat
You don't get it. Keeping the car screws the dealer because Mitsu is not writing the loan at 0%. Dealer either has to beg and hope or eat the financing on the car. They are not making a profit, they are getting screwed.
I used to work at a dealer and am pretty sure there are now laws against this practice.
I know in NJ you can't release a car without verifying insurance first.
I guess i missed that fact. My view of the subject has changed. I would fight the dealership it is their problem not yours
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

This is the exact reason why it is so important to read every line in the contract. In the contract I signed, it states that if they can not find financing within the first 10 days, the dealership has the right to rescind the contract. Which basically means that they can take the car back, or re-negotiate the terms.

This happened to me with my Eclipse. They wanted an additional $3,000 for a down-payment because the bank thought the payments were too high.
If I were you, I would take the 5%, and never go back to that dealership.

Believe it or not, this is a common practice among quite a few different car companies, not just Mitsu.

It hella sucks though, coz it gives you a false sense of ownership. After I came up with the additional money, I was still hesitant that they would try to change the contract again. A year later I traded in the Eclipse for my Evo and raised hell that I refused to sign that part of the contract. I wanted instant approval before even signing anything.

Last edited by kimmievo; Aug 10, 2005 at 10:14 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by timzcat
It's the dealers problem. Many dealers used to pull this crap on people all the time.
You signed a loan document with terms, they are bound by the contract. If they screwed up then that is between them and Mitsu finance. You are leagally entitle to keep the vehicle under the contract you signed for financing and purchase (buyers order) with the dealer. All the dealer can do is take you to court but they will lose because you can sue them for breach of contract.

I say read all the paper work they gave you and if there is no disclaimer then keep the car.
true.

same thing happen to my boss on his sl55, they called him like day later saying he doesn't qualify for the car and he needs make a certain amount a year to qualify. i dunno, some bs but my boss just laughed and said it's your fault and I signed a legal binding contract that you agreed on.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Go rev it up and dump it at 7k
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sleet
Go rev it up and dump it at 7k
ha ha. He would at least want to make it back to the dealership with the car. If he destroyed it the might make him keep it
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:22 PM

Reread, and the reread your contract. Mine with mitsu says the only thing they can come after me on is if i owe more on my trade in than i told (or my bank told them). It says nothing about them not able to meet the financing that they agreed to. Unless you miss some payments and they repo it, i would not be handing it over. It their **** up, let them sort it out
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Let me guess 8k down on sticker was about 25k at 5 years 0% with 7% tax payment about $446 if they are willing to take 2k more off at 5% just tell them they are 1k away from a deal. 22k @ 5 years @ 5% is about 444. I would think the dealer would be wanting that over a evo with 800 miles on. Just my brain on Red Bull.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:26 PM

Those F'ing candy asses.... a deal is a F'ing deal.. it's done its not ure fault he sold it to you the car salesman should pay.. F them I would take this **** to court that is the most stupid thing I have ever heard!