Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bought evo, lost evo, f mitsu

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bought evo, lost evo, f mitsu

As if posting this morning about my new found joy at owning an evo were surely a catalyst for disaster...

So 2 days and 320 miles on the car later *120 just to get home*, I get a call tonight, its the manager, not the salesman.. says that the deal was done after hours when mitsu financing wasnt avail to check with, and that after examining my credit history, I dont qualify for the 0% under the diamond college plan, due to "deragatory credit history".

Claims that the deal cant go through as is.. and tells me my options are
a) get a cosigner with teir 1/2 credit *cant.. *
b) rework the deal and accept 5%
c) they come get it, and give me back my $8k.

Managers being really aggressive, saying that it was to good a deal, and that with my credit I shouldnt have expected that to go through, even with $8k down. Says that other dealers are getting 2k + dealer markups and that I got it for sticker, yadda yadda.. wants to go so far as to drop $2k off the price, to reduce the note at the revised 5%..

I tell them to come get it, and gimmie my damn money back.. it is retarded to treat a paying customer this way, after they put down good money, signed a deal and drove off.

I know alot of people say I should keep it and that I have various recourse to do so.. but I dont want the damn thing now.. its a kick *** car, but someone treating me like that doesnt deserve my business.

So, if you're tempted to go get an evo, and the deal seems to good to be true withis this f'ing 0% 60 month cocktease, it prolly is.. apparently large Mitsu dealers pull shade tree used car dealer **** now.

Bye bye little evo, they are supposed to come get it tommoro morning.
beware satan.. they have that name for a reason, and apparently i forgot that.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

I woulda kept it as long as they dropped the price enough. 5% is pretty good. How different was the payment after they dropped the price and gave you 5%?

You're always gonna run into people like that. Just get what you're there for and leave.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:24 PM

Dude, I am sorry that sucks! I would put a tons of miles on before they come!
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear that. That is stupid tho, shouldn't they figure that crap out before they let the customer drive off (finalizing the deal)?. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next...
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:26 PM
BMo
Evolving Member

bummer
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eveolicious
Sorry to hear that. That is stupid tho, shouldn't they figure that crap out before they let the customer drive off (finalizing the deal)?. Good luck with whatever you decide to do next...
Yea, half the time dealerships let you leave before getting the deal approved by the bank and then it turns out their judgement on the financing was wrong so you either have to resign or bring the car back.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

mitsubishi of america should be doing something here. if the dealer let you drive off the lot with the car the deal should be sealed. thats awful they are coming to take it back i hope you get sh*t sorted out
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Once its final isnt it final? I mean can they even do this? I Mean if I go somewhere and overpay and call the next day and say you overcharged me (in the car industry) they would prolly laugh and tell me to go **** my self , why should this situation be any different?
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

I would drive it back to them and give it some hell on the way back. Next I would take my money and go to another dealership
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
Once its final isnt it final? I mean can they even do this? I Mean if I go somewhere and overpay and call the next day and say you overcharged me (in the car industry) they would prolly laugh and tell me to go **** my self , why should this situation be any different?
True that, but their not talking about the price here. It's the financing. Not that it should really matter. Maybe it's if the deal hasn't been funded by the bank you can still legally do whatever you wanna do.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:33 PM

Yeah, im thinking the legality of this is f*cked up. In cali, theres a no "cooling off" period law- meaning if you drive off the lot, you cant come back the next day and say " I changed my mind". Isnt there something like that for dealers, like..say..., you signed a CONTRACT. If you did sign, and they overestimated the apr youd get, then they should have to eat the monetary loss. I'd fight it like crazy. Good luck
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

this is just a bad situation.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

that sucks man, put some miles on ur car and have ur friends smoke in the car and give it back to them. they shouldnt treat people like that. once the car is off the lot, the deal is seal. screw that mitsu.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

that really BLOWS chodes. WIsh you could have joined the evo community

time to do LOTS of clutch drops! bounce it off that rev limiter every time! (damn im going to feel bad for the next guy to buy that car)
Old Aug 10, 2005, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

So, does his car now qualify as a used car? Because if so, couldnt he then go back and buy it at a used car price?