Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Curious for Evo Owner Opinions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Curious for Evo Owner Opinions

I've always wanted to get the liscence plate EVOLVER - it was a release by one of my favourite bands, but moreso it supports a way of life and religious (or lack thereof?) beliefs. However, owning a Lancer Ralliart (soon to be wingless), it occurs to me this may lead to the plate being mis-interpreted; I know in the end, it only matters what I think, but as Evo owners (since they don't really exist in Canada), would you immediately think that's what the plate is about? Flame if you want, but I would like serious opinions if possible. Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2005, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Azure
I've always wanted to get the liscence plate EVOLVER - it was a release by one of my favourite bands, but moreso it supports a way of life and religious (or lack thereof?) beliefs. However, owning a Lancer Ralliart (soon to be wingless), it occurs to me this may lead to the plate being mis-interpreted; I know in the end, it only matters what I think, but as Evo owners (since they don't really exist in Canada), would you immediately think that's what the plate is about? Flame if you want, but I would like serious opinions if possible. Thanks!
A) you're in canada, so cool

B) Yes that is what I would think, but it'd be one of these two thoughts:
1) You have an Evo (I know someone who has a RA and Evo and their RA plate says Wanna Be Evo) or a good sense of humor in thinking the Ralliart is the Evolver with the Evo being the Evolved.
2) You are planning on upgrading from the RA to the Evo.

But would it really be that bad for me to think that?
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

people pretty much misinterpret everything, that's why we live in such a volatile world. Put what you want, and then it will give you a chance to explain the car to people if they don't get it
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

go for it man
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:14 PM

I'd go for it. Since you're in Canada, I wouldn't think you'd run into many Evos so you woudln't have to explain anything.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

i think its cool. I was gonna get a personal plate......but like sterling said. i hate explaining myself.....so i went with the USMC plates instead (seeing as how im a former Marine)
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:24 PM

if it's what you want just do it
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Personaly, it doesn't matter to me. I have an Evo and wouldn't be offended. You could get a "Lambo" plate for all that it matters lol
Old Aug 12, 2005, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to most people in canada , it doenst matter.
but i would think that you want an evo but cant get one
so you might as well get the plate now. cause the evo might someday make it to canada.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

I would think that on a Ralliart the appropriate license plate would be: DEVOLVR

j/k man.

I wouldn't really worry about what other ppl think, just get the plate you like. My old beemer used to say "SPITZE 6" ... which my folks didn't really appreciate, but oh well.

l8r)