Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Intercooler Nitrous Kits?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intercooler Nitrous Kits?

Intercooler Nitrous Kits...just wondering whats the consensus on an item like this? Does anyone on the boards have one and like it? Id imagine it would make good gains for me down in FL and its relatively cheap. They claim it makes 52 hp on a turbo civic lol dont know how accurate these numbers are but just wondering if they work good on a mildy modded evo like mine. Refer to my sig for mods.

heres an example id get like the 5 lb tank

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...785&SearchYN=N
Old Aug 15, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

52hp on a turbo civic? Making it what? 150 total? =p
Old Aug 15, 2005, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
watch out , most of the gains are believed to be from the free NOS around your intake that makes the most power. just do the Co2 spray system if your looking for better cooling effect. its even cheaper than the NOS setup. now if you want to use NOS just spray it directly into the intake side in front of the FMIC for best of both worlds cool intake charge and 50shot of power.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mksevo
watch out , most of the gains are believed to be from the free NOS around your intake that makes the most power. just do the Co2 spray system if your looking for better cooling effect. its even cheaper than the NOS setup. now if you want to use NOS just spray it directly into the intake side in front of the FMIC for best of both worlds cool intake charge and 50shot of power.
YA david buschur proved this awhile back
Old Aug 15, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_il8
YA david buschur proved this awhile back
He didn't prove crap. If you have a CAI with the filter right by the intercooler, some of the spray will probabaly end up in your intake. On the Evo however, if you're using the stock airbox, there's almost no way for the spray to enter your intake, and an open element (as long as it not CAI with the filter down by the ground) it's very hard for the extra spray to enter. It's not too hard to figure out that cooler air equals more HP. Now, 52WHP might be a stretch. I have installed this onto my car, and did notice the car pulling harder when spraying and freezing the air going through the intercooler.

Many people are going to tell you it's because of the excess spray entering the intake, but that test was not done on an Evo. Just like my GSC cams, I'll once again prove this with back to back dyno runs. Butt dyno, yes it makes a difference. Physics, yes it makes a difference. For those who still don't know what to think...I'll have the dyno results in October when TurboTrix comes down to tune us again. Oh, and if you do get one of these...spend the extra couple bucks and get the 10 lb bottle. Here's a link to what it'll look like...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...99#post2249399

Last edited by tke_413; Aug 15, 2005 at 07:13 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

DP, please delete

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; Aug 15, 2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by marks03evo
Intercooler Nitrous Kits...just wondering whats the consensus on an item like this? Does anyone on the boards have one and like it? Id imagine it would make good gains for me down in FL and its relatively cheap. They claim it makes 52 hp on a turbo civic lol dont know how accurate these numbers are but just wondering if they work good on a mildy modded evo like mine. Refer to my sig for mods.

heres an example id get like the 5 lb tank

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templa...785&SearchYN=N
Use the CRYOGENIC O2 Kit or CryO2 by NX serves the same purpose as the OEM H2O sprayer kit but cold as hell. comes with a oval piping that goes either infront or rear of your FMIC, with little holes in the piping the CryO2 is sprayed on to the intercooler making the temps drop. Cold/dense air= more power. They also have a kit for the intake, but i believe it wouldn't be much effective because by the time that cold air gets to our intake manifold, its going to first go through the turbo where it is met up with the heat. The intake kit is useful for NA cars. for our cars go with the Cry02 for FMIC becuase our upper IC piping goes right into intake manifold away fromt the heated areas. Ohh before you think about doing this make sure you change your IC piping to Injen or whateva.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

take a chill, (get it) the cooling effect is obvious and helpful, but some have seen bigger gains with NOS, which seems to be linked to the free NOS around. no one said it doesnt help. it just maybe cheaper and safer with CO2. or my way would be direct injection if your going to spend all that money.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tke_413
He didn't prove crap. If you have a CAI with the filter right by the intercooler, some of the spray will probabaly end up in your intake. On the Evo however, if you're using the stock airbox, there's almost no way for the spray to enter your intake, and an open element (as long as it not CAI with the filter down by the ground) it's very hard for the extra spray to enter. It's not too hard to figure out that cooler air equals more HP. Now, 52WHP might be a stretch. I have installed this onto my car, and did notice the car pulling harder when spraying and freezing the air going through the intercooler.

Many people are going to tell you it's because of the excess spray entering the intake, but that test was not done on an Evo. Just like my GSC cams, I'll once again prove this with back to back dyno runs. Butt dyno, yes it makes a difference. Physics, yes it makes a difference. For those who still don't know what to think...I'll have the dyno results in October when TurboTrix comes down to tune us again. Oh, and if you do get one of these...spend the extra couple bucks and get the 10 lb bottle. Here's a link to what it'll look like...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...99#post2249399

if nitrous doesn't make it into the intake....you won't make any power. Those things are the biggest POS fake power things ive ever seen. God if i had only come up with the idea to sell it to sheep and make a killin of 75 bucks worth of parts.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

take a chill, (get it) the cooling effect is obvious and helpful, but some have seen bigger gains with NOS, which seems to be linked to the free NOS around. no one said it doesnt help. it just maybe cheaper and safer with CO2. or my way would be direct injection if your going to spend all that money.
if you use co2 in your tank, you will undoubtably lose power(quite a bit) if it makes its way into the intake. its not combustable
Old Aug 15, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

sprayed on the outside of the FMIC , not into the FMIC , only NOS goes into the FMIC. dont get confused. I never said spray into your tank.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
if you use co2 in your tank, you will undoubtably lose power(quite a bit) if it makes its way into the intake. its not combustable
This guy has been on every thread about the sprayers saying they don't work. It's been proven that they DO work without getting the nitrous INTO the intake. I have it, I've tested out many products, and this does work. No, it's not going to give you that same shot that direct injection gives you...but freezing the air going through your intercooler does actually make more power. Unless you have something new to say...stay off the threads.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

How bout you stay off the threads touting a product just because you stupidly spent 400 bucks on it.

I have been there, done that. Im not just talking out of my a$$ here....why would i do that? THEY DO NOT WORK. The point is, you will never know if you use nitrous whether you are making the power because its getting ingested or not. But use Co2 and you will surely find out....it gets ingested and you lose power...or you make ZERO power.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

sprayed on the outside of the FMIC , not into the FMIC , only NOS goes into the FMIC. dont get confused. I never said spray into your tank.
LOL, i know where its sprayed. Have you ever seen it sprayed? it goes EVERYWHERE. Fumes of gas spreads like wildfire and get sucked into the intake and into the motor....i never said you would purposefully spray it into the intake....
Old Aug 16, 2005, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsujeff55
How bout you stay off the threads touting a product just because you stupidly spent 400 bucks on it.

I have been there, done that. Im not just talking out of my a$$ here....why would i do that? THEY DO NOT WORK. The point is, you will never know if you use nitrous whether you are making the power because its getting ingested or not. But use Co2 and you will surely find out....it gets ingested and you lose power...or you make ZERO power.
I was defending this product before I bought it, you don't know how much I paid for it. Have you had one of these installed? If it was shooting everywhere, it wasn't installed correctly. Would it make you feel better if I take 2 bottles to the dyno...1 with nitrous and 1 with Co2? Even then it won't show the true potential since the car will not be moving 100 MPH sucking the air around the car.

Last edited by tke_413; Aug 16, 2005 at 05:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Intercooler Nitrous Kits?