Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got pulled over...good cop experience

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is a good story! I wish more police officers in my area were like that. I got followed by a camaro cop (With about 3 feet in between our bumpers) for about 5.5 miles one day and at a traffic light the cop revved at me and instead of racing him i just drove normally and he ended up giving me the bird and going on his way...a sherrif though, not a cop. Wish we could have more like yours here in podunk country.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
I read alot on EvoM about police officers profiling Evo drivers and being harsh with tickets so I thought I'd relay this story.

I was traveling down a rural highway tonite, cruising at about 50 when i passed a cop car. He immediately flipped his lights and turned around. Not wanted to throw up the flaming flag of guilt i didnt pull over right away, but waited until he was fully facing my direction. As we pulled over and stopped i shut off the car, rolled down the windows, and turned on my interior lights. He told me i was doing a bit over 50 when i passed him. When he asked for my license i explained that it was in my wallet in my back pocket and asked for permission to get it. He asked about an address discrepancy and I explained that i was a student, allowed to have an ID from NJ but have a car registered in MA.

He went back to the car and returned about 5 minutes later. He apologized for the delay and explained that I was going a little fast and that i should have a safe night. He also asked what i was doing for school and chatted with me shortly before sending me off.

I didnt feel wronged for getting pulled over, i understand that he was probably checking to make sure i wasnt drunk or a criminal and i did give him cause to pull me over. but since i wasnt being wreckless or hurting anyone he was lenient. No warning or anything. Definately a professional guy.

If i could say anything to you potential pull-over-ees i would suggest making the officer feel safe, being polite, and friendly. This is the third time that ive been let go with no official warning on speeding infractions. (52 in a 25, 65 in a 45 and now 50 in a 40)
Time to buy a radar detector, no?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:27 AM

You don't need a radar detector if your doing the speed limit.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spec'd
You must have an honest face.

i'm not gonna lie, and i know this might anger some people here but its true, i have never ever ever heard any of my friends get away with a speeding infraction, except for my white friends, now i know, alot of you are gonna say that im bringing up race unreasonably here, but just hear me out, ive been pulled over numerous times, once i did speed and received a ticket for it and i accepted it without complaining to the officer, but other times, ive been pulled over for absolutely no reason. Ive been searched, my car has been searched, ive been asked "what are you doing in a town like this", ive been treated like absolute crap by the police here and never once was i ever disrespectful, this just didnt happen to me, it happened to several of my black and hispanic friends as well, it may be hard to understand for many of you, but we do get treated differently by the authorities, once i was pulled over because a brown man wearing a black hat apparantly robbed a store, i wasnt even wearing a hat, nor was i the height or weight of the described suspect yet still "fit the description", i never yelled at the officers who pulled me over, or argued with them, for me thats like asking for a plunger up the a$$, nor do i dress like a "thug" and wonder why i get treated differently, thats just how it is. 2 of my closest buddies are white guys who love to race, and theyve been pulled over many times, and about 35% the time they get off with a warning, i just couldnt fathom that ever happening to me, even PBA cards dont work for me, they just simply don't except them, i get wise remarks like "getting em from a customer from your quickiemart doesnt count son" having that said, i dont want to spark anything racial, all im saying is, understand that not everyone gets treated the same.
Old Aug 16, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

I was just pulled over by a State Police Officer 2 weeks ago for going (admittedly) 11 mph over (81 in a 70). He was shooting cars behind a bridge pillar and standing outside of his car. I was with a group of cars and he decided to pick me out of the bunch. I was on my way to an SCCA Pro Solo event in Toledo with my son. I was very polite as he asked for my information. A few minutes later he came back from his car and asked me if i was going to a car show. He ended up giving me a warning. We chatted for a few and off I went. I've always had the utmost respect for State Troopers.

Dave
Old Aug 16, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by i11matticc
i'm not gonna lie, and i know this might anger some people here but its true, i have never ever ever heard any of my friends get away with a speeding infraction, except for my white friends, now i know, alot of you are gonna say that im bringing up race unreasonably here, but just hear me out, ive been pulled over numerous times, once i did speed and received a ticket for it and i accepted it without complaining to the officer, but other times, ive been pulled over for absolutely no reason. Ive been searched, my car has been searched, ive been asked "what are you doing in a town like this", ive been treated like absolute crap by the police here and never once was i ever disrespectful, this just didnt happen to me, it happened to several of my black and hispanic friends as well, it may be hard to understand for many of you, but we do get treated differently by the authorities, once i was pulled over because a brown man wearing a black hat apparantly robbed a store, i wasnt even wearing a hat, nor was i the height or weight of the described suspect yet still "fit the description", i never yelled at the officers who pulled me over, or argued with them, for me thats like asking for a plunger up the a$$, nor do i dress like a "thug" and wonder why i get treated differently, thats just how it is. 2 of my closest buddies are white guys who love to race, and theyve been pulled over many times, and about 35% the time they get off with a warning, i just couldnt fathom that ever happening to me, even PBA cards dont work for me, they just simply don't except them, i get wise remarks like "getting em from a customer from your quickiemart doesnt count son" having that said, i dont want to spark anything racial, all im saying is, understand that not everyone gets treated the same.

bs.......Ya know, the race card is getting so very old. I have several cop friends and they readily admit that they write more tickets to whites than to blacks and they explain exactly why they do that.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 09:42 PM

Good story! I have been pulled over now 11 times in 12months now and only 1, yes one ticket. I have had at least one person with me in the car 9 out of the 11 times about. The one time the lights went on and I couldn't get off I was doing 16 over. It was about 1am and he said that he could hear me coming about 10 blocks away so "he was ready". I got 4 points and a $104 fine, which 104 bones wasn't too bad. But all the other 10 some times I have gotten let off! I really dont know what I do, but my friend says, its like a gift. I even got caught going 26 over in my town and he STILL let me off!! I know my day is coming so I think I'll let the cops win on this one and slow down for now. I dont want to loose my licence before I have enough cash for my EVO MR that is..
Old Feb 28, 2006, 09:47 PM
Account Disabled

Its nice to know those kind of cops are still out there.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Gsse.. i wish i would of had a nice cop when i got my bogus street racing/exhibition of speeds ticket, 30 in a 25...
Infact iam set for trial march 7th.. *****es, i wanna go just to see the cop get reamed a new ******* from my lawyer.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:01 PM

So wait...you got pulled over doing 5 over. And he also called it racing/exhibition??? omfg! Ya that will be dropped no question..
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are good cops and there are bad ones. The bad ones give the good ones a bad name.

However, I beleive that all cops shoudl be monitored via cameras. They shoudlhave cameras on their cars and somewhere on their uniform. That way it keeps them honest and accountable for their actions. After all we are the ones paying for their paychecks and we the people should be overseeing if they are doing their job or not.

Lastly, I wish I got pulled over by some hot cop girl. I would openly ask her if she could search me hahahaha
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:11 PM

as long as the cops wake up on the right side of the bed, then everyone is happy. i've heard some stories of the same cop being the biggest d*ck, or the nicest person
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome post man. It's always good to take the measures you listed in your post. Take a deep breath, turn on interior lights, window down, hands on steering wheel, always ask to reach for paperwork etc..

I guess this may come from watching too many COPS episodes I know I feel safer knowing I can make the officer feel safer by following the rules so to speak.

Luckily I haven't been pulled over in almost 3 years now (knock on wood)
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

another good tip when getting pulled over is keeping your hands on the wheel and visible sight of the officer, they like that stuff and the better job you do act the lesser the punishment.

Yes Sir, No Sir, Thank you Sir.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

damn, you got off with a 52 in a 25?!?!!?!

Quick Reply: Got pulled over...good cop experience