Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got pulled over...good cop experience

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jolt3500
So wait...you got pulled over doing 5 over. And he also called it racing/exhibition??? omfg! Ya that will be dropped no question..
Yep claimed i was street racing this guy behind me, and that i made a turn to fast and gunned it past him... But yet i was only going 30 in a 25?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
Yep claimed i was street racing this guy behind me, and that i made a turn to fast and gunned it past him... But yet i was only going 30 in a 25?
wow
Old Mar 1, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

I live in Atlanta in the city and I never get harassed by the cops and have no speeding tickets...LOL

Now. I have gotten 2 sound violation tickets which I deserved! I have been told to turn it down like 50 times..LOL One female cop actualy pulled me over and chewed me out like a mom for 5 mins. for my sterio volume but did not give me a ticket..LOL

I was cruising around after NOPI Nationals last year and had the system on what I like to call "Murder MOde" a cop drove down the sholder of the road and snuck up in my blind spot to get me...LOL He was so mad and said I was crazy... I got a ticket... which I deserved!

Now onto the "race" thing..LOL i am not white but I have never been puled over for no reasoon, never been pulled out of the car or searched either... (yet) The closest I came was one time at 3am leaving a club in the hood a cop stopped me and said my tail light was out (no ticket), I did not believe him but I got home and it was out...LOL

Atlanta cops white and black are cool... AS long as I turn it down when they ask me to they are cool. One time a state trooper pulled a U turn to get me cause he heard "loud music" accoring to him but I pulled a quick switcho chango on him ...poped my HU face plate off and turned on my stock radio...LOL He was so confused, he shined his light around my car but could see nothing cause the system is 100% stealth...Then he saw the vented back seat and said "I knew it ,look at your back seat , what is that venting for ?" I said nothing ...He gave me a warning..

Last edited by ExcessLancer; Mar 1, 2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pcguru2000
It's called Luck. My friend who's dad is a Detective 3 for lapd got pulled over on the freeway for going 75 in a 65 zone. His dad business card was taped to the back of the license with the "in case of emergency" written on it. My friend was very polite, took his keys out of the ignition put them on top of the dash, turned on the interior light, left both hands on the wheel, etc. The cop looked at the driver's license, turned it over, saw the card and just chuckled. My friend didn't have a job so his dad had to pay for the ticket. When they went to court, my friends dad got in the other cops face and said "Hey a$$hole, have heard of professional courtesy? You better hope I don't see you ever in LA"

Another friend of mine is also LAPD and he says he knows other officers who've gotten tickets by CHP.

So the morale of the story is, if you don't get a ticket, take the fine you think you should have paid and go buy a lottery ticket cause it's your lucky day!
I lived many years in CA and new quite a few officers, not always in a good way either but not always in a bad way. But....I have heard from many that it's just like the military where there is static between different branches of law enforcement, not between all but some. Just like the millitary....haha.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 2GDSM
Good story with the cops...I can agree, not all cops are jackasses....But i'll give you a quick jackass cop story. Got pulled over in the Potomac in Maryland in my boat and given a 85 dollar ticket for going above 6mph....speedometer in my boat doesnt read below 10mph and my speed wasnt registered so i was only mabye going 8 or 9mph...So there ya go, 3mph over the limit and 85 bux....******* rookie woman water donuts.
wow.. what a BS ticket.. i'd love to hear the logic that the cop would have used when you told her that your speedometer in your boat dosnt read below 10mph.. for the most part reasonable people would consider 3mph a very minor offense or a human error if you will..

plus i'm only assuming with no knoweledge of opearatng a boat, even though your on water going exactally 10mph instead of the legal limit of 5mph.. i would imagine that stop/slowing down or maneuvering out of a jeopardizing obstacle would be very similar at either speeds of around 5-10mph.. then again i'm just assuming
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
If i could say anything to you potential pull-over-ees i would suggest making the officer feel safe, being polite, and friendly. This is the third time that ive been let go with no official warning on speeding infractions. (52 in a 25, 65 in a 45 and now 50 in a 40)
those first two speeds that you stated are excessively fast (c'mon, 52mph in a 25mph.. you were doing double the posted speed limit... and i'm assuming you were in a residential area and I hope not a school zone)..

around what area were you speeding at?.. i'm from northern NJ, and if I ever got clocked to 52mph in a 25mph zone "they would haven thrown the book at me" (hard.. and then some).. but then again I guess all officers practice their own lawfull and good judgment upon each situation their faced with (at least i hope)

i agree with you on your suggestions to potential pull-over-ees.. you can also add the "crying-scarred-little-girl" tactic as another option if your really despearte lol.. my friend (he's a guy) used that once when he was younger during his first year of drivng.. he can make his eyes appear to be crying/tearing when he attempts to elicite the gag reflex.. luckily his acting worked cause after the officer went back to his car to check out all his documents, he was able to see the cop laughing/smiling in the car through his rear view mirror.. he got off with a warning, but it was the funniest thing ever.. defintely wouldnt work now-a-days since we're older haha
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Holla-Front
i agree with you on your suggestions to potential pull-over-ees.. you can also add the "crying-scarred-little-girl" tactic as another option if your really despearte lol.. my friend (he's a guy) used that once when he was younger during his first year of drivng.. he can make his eyes appear to be crying/tearing when he attempts to elicite the gag reflex.. luckily his acting worked cause after the officer went back to his car to check out all his documents, he was able to see the cop laughing/smiling in the car through his rear view mirror.. he got off with a warning, but it was the funniest thing ever.. defintely wouldnt work now-a-days since we're older haha
ROFL! Would be hilarious to see some 30 or 40year old guy do that.
What did he get pulled over for?
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

wow this thread is old... lol
Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by cloudy
ROFL! Would be hilarious to see some 30 or 40year old guy do that.
What did he get pulled over for?
45 MPH or so in a 35 MPH residential area..

on the topic of hilarious things a 30 or 40 year old guy would do.. i just recently saw a broadcased news video on the net of the high school teacher accused of using the "N" word to a student.. i just watched in awe and laughter when he was telling his account of the situation, and defending his and the other students' in the school of the usage of the context of the two words: (1) N_gga and (2) N_gger... i understand where he was coming from.. but in that short new clip, it just made him look so bad.. like he dug himself into a deaper hole

Last edited by Holla-Front; Mar 1, 2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know whats worst....having a stock exhaust and getting a ticket twice for having a loud exhuast. This was in Philly.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i cant complain about cops, because when i get pulled over i deserve it lol
Old Mar 1, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

dope, im assuming rt 9, 0r 495? was it state or local pd? Cause the staties around us are actually really nice for some odd reason.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

the reason you did not get a ticket for speeding, is because he did not hit you with the radar gun. cops can not use radar while their crusiers are moving!!!!most people don't know this and inadvertatly admit their own guilt!!! he obviously knew he could give a speeding ticket and tried to get you on something else, but couldn't... you got lucky! remember thier are know nice thoughtful cops!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

My dad is a sergent, in the LAPD, and even he got pulled over about 5 times, and he drives safe all the time, just sometime cops stop you if your skin is a different color, sucks huh. But, after they finish saying why they stopped him, and they ask him for his Id, they see his police id, and say why didnt you tell me you were a cop, and then its all buddy buddy from there.

The worst excuse a cop used was that he thought he had drugs in the back, since he had a california license plate in oregan.

I've even been followed by a cop for 5 miles and he parked at the bus parking lot with me. Then he waited 5 mins with me, then finnaly left. Crazy

But luckily, i have never gotten pulled over. But, i think thats because my car is registered with the LAPD.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 02:40 PM

Ah, lucky man. I got pulled over one time doin about 90 in a 65... got pulled over as i was getting off the exit. cop took my lic, and ins card only. came back 2 min later told me to slow down and then he took off right away! maybe he got an emergency call or somethin i dunno, but maaaaannnn was that close and it would of sucked even worse.

Quick Reply: Got pulled over...good cop experience