Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got pulled over...good cop experience

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the two times I've gotten ticketed, I was very respectful to the cop (as always) and they were very respectful to me. But I got ticketed. One was 62 in 45 and the other was 92 in 65 (brought down to 80).

Moral of story, respect and kindness doesn't always get you far.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a state trooper pull me over for my tag being out of date, which turned out to be a misunderstanding. Well I ended up getting a ticket for my license having a wrong address, which wasn't bad because he could have given me a ticket for my inspection sticker too.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bobaab
...Moral of story, respect and kindness doesn't always get you far.
Not at all. I agree.

The only time I've gotten let go in my Eclipse is when my rear license plate light was out!...yeah, they pulled me for that crap!
Old Mar 1, 2006, 06:44 PM

When i got my Supra I was pulled over 3 times in a week! The first day going around the block, a state trooper came behind me. He pulled me over and said, "Why did you buy this car?", looking at my momo steering wheel and my sparco seat, "street racing?". And I said, "I plan on racing this car, but I will do it at New England Dragway and New Hampshire International Speedway." So I gave him my license and my registration, which still smelled new heh, and he walked to his car. Two minuts later he said if he sees me with my exhaust, he will pull me over. And I walked away with a verbal warning.

That same night I was hanging out with a few friends of mine and a civic went by and I believe he used his 2 step and a LOUD pop occured. 3 minutes later, 6 cops stormed the lot and I was searched. My buddy with his BMW with a small crack on his windshield got owned. The cop gave him **** for it, for it being low, for it being loud and GAVE him a ticket. Also, they searched me and my car since they thought I had a gun. So I slowly got out of my car, told them I didnt have any weapons, and I told them what I had in my pockets. They searched in me 20 seconds and said I am good.

My car was just as loud as the bimmer, with an exhaust, and low, but the cop let me go. There are good cops out there, sometimes you might catch them in a bad mood, but in the end, just don't give them something to whine about, since they can and will screw you over.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:36 PM

Heh, i got pulled over for doing 94 in a 65 with a minivan, the cop marked it as 94 on the ticket was very rude (Not really rude but didn't give me and slack for doing the crying rutine)
and left.

6 months later still no ticket in the mail so i went down to the courts and had them check my ticket... nothing at all, it was never registered in the system. I was so f'in happy about that i told my dad i had gotten a ticket and then gotten out of it and then he grounded me for not telling him
Old Mar 1, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Not wanted to throw up the flaming flag of guilt i didnt pull over right away, but waited until he was fully facing my direction. As we pulled over and stopped i shut off the car, rolled down the windows, and turned on my interior lights. He told me i was doing a bit over 50 when i passed him. When he asked for my license i explained that it was in my wallet in my back pocket and asked for permission to get it. He asked about an address discrepancy and I explained that i was a student, allowed to have an ID from NJ but have a car registered in MA.
You did everything in your power to make the cop be inclined to be nice to you. Others should take note. Through the whole experience you made the cop feel comfortable. Only other thing you could have done was put the keys on the top of the dash so they wouldnt fear that you were gonna take off. Good job.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:07 PM

i got pukked over by a total douche. 39 in a 35, he didn't give me a ticket but a warning and tried to tell me that my stock wrx exhaust wasn't legal. i was respectful and nice but he was still an asshat.
Old Mar 1, 2006, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

my story is i was in my parents toyota prius and i t was a wet day and i had recently learned how to turn tration control off using a sequence of gas-park-gas-nutrual code, so it was about 10 ish and i had my lights off and i was comming out of a parking lot where i was doing donuts and i was making a right hand turn and i forgot my lighst were off so i made a HUge burnout and 2 cops go right past me with oncoming traffic and flick on their lights so i pull over and quickly realize that my lights were off so i turn them off and i restart the car so the the car is not in tcs off mode. they come up to me and my friend is still trying 2 figure out why i pulled over.lol. so the lady police officer asked me why made my wheels spin,i immediatly responded that i did not do it intentionaly and that this car is not supposed 2 do this to begin in addition that i said mabe because its wet and she said ok and took my licence and insurance ran my plates then she comes by and asks for my parent phone number and then she askes where i was heading i obvoisly said homE,(i was egging cars right before hand and we where on our way 2 refill up) she said ok and that i better becarfull next time. the thing is that if you know how to lie and can take atvantage of the situation and think up of a lie with 2 backup plans to make sure u dont get a ticket you wont. but have 2 be fast on your feet and i dont trip in my own lies cuz i have a photographic memory so its not hard 4 me.