Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo tranmission problem

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo tranmission problem

the tranny has 30k miles now and 3 rd gears grinds but when i took it to mitsubishidealer they told me they couldn't do anything about it...it has just a little grinds and not hard so they told me i have to wait until it gets worser then they'll fix it for me since the motor and the tranny has 60k miles.

is there anything i could solve this problem? or i just have to wait for the 3rd gears get worser?
thanks. can't they just fix since it's not that bad? why do they have to wait until it get very BAD then they fix it?
Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:39 PM

change you fluids. That should help out.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:36 AM

They are probably hoping it will be out of warranty by the time they have to fix it.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, say f*ck you...fix my grind.

Or find another dealer. I called my dealer this week and told him i had a howling t-case and grinding tranny...he said bring it in, we'll put a new t-case on it and rebuild the tranny.

simple as that.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

My car has been at the dealer since past monday last week. It wont go in reverse. I want the car in time for the shoot out, but I dont think its going to happen. Go to another dealer.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

i just dont know
when i shift it slow then it has no grinds at all, but if i shift fast then it grinds so much, also if i push the clutch all the way down and shift slow then it's fine..sometimes i think it should be the fluid but i dont know let me change the fluid first then...
thanks guys