Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

might work *shrugs*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
might work *shrugs*

I was looking at a 2.4 ltr block off of an eclipsa N/A. I but a 2.0 head gasket up against from an evo and it matches perfectly, all I have to do is plug a couple of the extra holes, and in theory, it shoudl make a nice hybrid. Bolt patterns as far as I know are the same. I am going to try it out once I get all the goodies put together and I'll post how it turns out. In theory it is add a good bit of power for free....in theory...I plan to run about 30psi of boost through it. I am going to buff it up and get rid of the balancer shaft etc...but overall I am curious as to how much it will take and if it will actually work. I hope to have it in the 500-600 range. *shrugs* if anyone knows anything on the subject, let me know
Old Aug 16, 2005, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea, I know the 4G63 swap into old-school Mitsu's weren't uncommon, the otherway around should work as well. Heck, even the mounts should be pretty close. But, I could be completely wrong, keep us posted....