Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Injen Intake & Pipe

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen Intake & Pipe

Hello Everyone --- Does anyone have a review possitive or negative regarding the Injen Intake and Upper pipe?
I had their CAI on my Eclipse and V6 Galant it was pretty good...

But the EVO has so many more choices. Please help...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

go with buschur, better quality and better price I think. www.buschurracing.com
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have it, its great, the buschur pipes are awesome too but if you want a buschur full upper pipe you gotta remove the battery. The injen works with the stock battery
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVONation
Hello Everyone --- Does anyone have a review possitive or negative regarding the Injen Intake and Upper pipe?
I had their CAI on my Eclipse and V6 Galant it was pretty good...

But the EVO has so many more choices. Please help...
Yes, there are tons of threads regarding the Injen. Do a search.

The gains are not worth the $400 or however much you'd spend. The stock piping and stock airbox don't need to be upgraded.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:33 AM

i have it, and i really like it. i didnt pay as much as warrtalon suggests, but it wasnt cheap either. check out my signature and have a look at the pics of my car. these were taken the day of the install. sound is very nice out of the injen, and the stock bov is quite noticeable with the new intake.

if you get the injen, you WILL need to either adjust it once it is on or notch the black piece on the underside of the hood so it wont rub against it.

Last edited by jay_are; Aug 18, 2005 at 08:35 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jay_are
i have it, and i really like it. i didnt pay as much as warrtalon suggests, but it wasnt cheap either. check out my signature and have a look at the pics of my car. these were taken the day of the install. sound is very nice out of the injen, and the stock bov is quite noticeable with the new intake.

if you get the injen, you WILL need to either adjust it once it is on or notch the black piece on the underside of the hood so it wont rub against it.
No doubt it looks nice...I'm just hoping he's more concerned with performance rather than looks.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:46 AM

i understand the stock box is good. but it just seems hard for me to believe that an aftermarket intake wont help at all on these cars, but it will on most cars. i know that it will take a tune to see any results from an intake, but after a tune i would think that it would show some results.

the reason i went with an intake was so i could eventually upgrade the bov to be able to hear it and NOT have to run VTA ( i have read MANY of your posts warrtalon, so i know that you dont like VTA and i trust your opinion on this, along with malibu jack and others )
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

i was actually thinking about getting an injen intake as well because i can keep the stock battery. i dont want to get no mini battery since i have a sick *** sound system in my car. but yea..any other known upper ic pipes that work with the stock battery?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

I sell the injens for around 370 shipped and I def 100% noticed an improvement over stock when I installed it. I also think a car making over 350 whp would definitely see and improvement from a stock airbox and paper filter. I'm making around 150 more whp then stock, I think the 2.5" upper pipe was a good choice over the 2.25" stock upper pipe and braded hoses
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought mine used for way less than the prices posted here. It's a great system. Made good power, after the reflash and makes the stock bov sound so evil.

The stock system makes good power, but there's no doubt that aftermarket ones like the Injen offers performance also, and not just looks.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jay_are
i understand the stock box is good. but it just seems hard for me to believe that an aftermarket intake wont help at all on these cars, but it will on most cars. i know that it will take a tune to see any results from an intake, but after a tune i would think that it would show some results.
it will and does, not sure why warr thinks the stock is better than aftermarket...

Last edited by burningmoney97; Aug 18, 2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks everyone for the help...

I assume that there were no fitting issues...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVONation
Thanks everyone for the help...

I assume that there were no fitting issues...
I didn't say stock was better than aftermarket. I said that spending $400 for such minimal gains is unwise, especially when you get just about the same gains with a panel filter that does NO harm to the MAF readings while keeping the intake temps lower. If I spend $400 on something (I have yet to spend this much on any power mod), then I better get a good 20-30whp, not 5whp+noise.

Other $400 mods:

1) Custom flash = 20-40whp easily
2) 3" cat-back = 20whp ($600 for TBE = 40whp)
3) Alky injection = 30-40whp (along with increased boost that it allows)

Or, spend another $200 on cams for 30-40whp...

If and when you are overruning the stock MAF and/or are pushing major boost through an upgraded turbo, you don't need something like the Injen...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Go with the Buschur.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

A lot of places suggest before getting a flash you should upgrade to a short ram intake... I was looking at the buschur but it also seemed like a lot for just a pipe and a filter $250? The injen is around $400 shipped but you also get the upper ic pipe... Pretty goos deal don't you think?