Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

speeding ticket........what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2005, 02:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if they worte you as reckless you have no choice but to appear in court but since its speeding and you know you are at fault just pay for it, and learn from this.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 03:52 PM

just pay it... i fought mine in nj and im from nyc... i got the points reduced but i paid more on the fine.... but then someone told me the points dont transfer into other states.

so i F'd myself.

best advice is to just pay it unless you dont EVER plan on going back to nj.

they issue warrants in nj if you dont pay a speeding ticket.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

i know some bridgewater cops and have met the judge before. they have been leniant with me before ( i live 10 minutes from there).

You would be able to get it lowered if you showed up to court early enough and spoke with the prosecutor.

If you plan on going to court get there early unless you want to waste your whole night.

Gte in line to speak with the prosecutor first, because thats the order they will conduct the hearings in, especially when your pleading guilty.

good luck buddy, remember even if you get it lowered you'll still have to pay a 35$ court fee so it will come out to around the same price. but its up to you.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

you can always go to court and get a court appointed lawyer that will post pone the court date and delays sometimes work in your favor...
Old Aug 20, 2005, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
This is like the 1,000,000th thread on this. Research (starting with previous threads on this site). If there is no chance in hell the pionts will transfer to PA just pay the ticket. Think about it as long as your insurance won't go up your going to be out pretty much the same amount of money whether you give it to a lawyer or the state. If there is a chance the pionts could transfer your better off going with a lawyer and hoping for a prayer of judgement, faulty equipment, suspended penalty, or something along those lines to keep those points off your insurance.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

yes just pay for it.. even tho u were not speeding in ur state, if u dont pay the ticket, they will just forward the ticket to ur state and ur liscense can still be suspended... also theres no point fighting for the ticket... u may end up experiencing more headache.. just my thought
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

slow down.