Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Stuck between complete opposites...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gabesir
good!

you have to be kidding me! you cant never compare a american crappy design car VS a japanese ride i dont care what kind of car!

its like comparing a evo vs a neon!?., or even worst a focus vs a civic?!?

I own an SRT-4. I've seen the EVO interior about 10 times now. In terms of quality, they are both crappy as hell. The neon has worse quality plastic though not by much.

The EVO interior is CRAP (and the neon interior even a little crappier than that). There is no reason why you should think otherwise.

I love how people like you just think the Japanese have better interiors just because they are Japanese. They are not magical. The GTO interior is about 1000x better than the EVO. There really is no comparison. Not only that, but the car isn't even American. It's made in Australia. Please stop spewing ignorance.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mikey52
Nice choice but be careful with this last part. The LS2 compression ratio does not make it good for boosting. A nice heads/cam package, however, would work quite well.
Actually there is something i heard about something the ECU does with the compression or something that lowers it somehow. People have boosted LS2's and are fine up to like 8-9 psi i believe.

Either way, if i could get 500whp N/A i would

And yes, i would only get the LS2 2005 GTO.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
Actually there is something i heard about something the ECU does with the compression or something that lowers it somehow. People have boosted LS2's and are fine up to like 8-9 psi i believe.

Either way, if i could get 500whp N/A i would

And yes, i would only get the LS2 2005 GTO.
I dont see how the ECU could lower the compression of the motor...8-9psi is pushing it. On a normal C5 (10.0:1) the safe limit of the stock (internally) motor is about 8 psi, on a Z06 (10.5:1) it's about 6 psi. The LS2 is 10.9:1 so I wouldnt try running more than 6 psi on that thing without at least a thicker headgasket to lower the compression.

In my opinion, a nice heads/cam package would make most people happy for a goood long while. When you get used to the power, stroke it.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Hypnoz, I went on a little joyride in the EVO during lunch and saw a beautiful GTO, that kind of blue/purple color. What color are you looking at? I was stuck on Red if I was getting one.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mikey52
I dont see how the ECU could lower the compression of the motor...8-9psi is pushing it. On a normal C5 (10.0:1) the safe limit of the stock (internally) motor is about 8 psi, on a Z06 (10.5:1) it's about 6 psi. The LS2 is 10.9:1 so I wouldnt try running more than 6 psi on that thing without at least a thicker headgasket to lower the compression.

In my opinion, a nice heads/cam package would make most people happy for a goood long while. When you get used to the power, stroke it.

Yeah it didnt make much sense to me either, but i saw somewhere someone running 8-9 psi from a SC.

Even at 5 psi though you're looking at awesome whp....
Old Aug 25, 2005, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

I really want black with red interior. If not then i would go dark blue w/black interior, or maybe even the grayish blue color. Definitely not yellow, silver, or light blue.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hypnoz
I really want black with red interior. If not then i would go dark blue w/black interior, or maybe even the grayish blue color. Definitely not yellow, silver, or light blue.
Black with Red looked AWESOME!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so why look for a RS ? why not a GSR or MR?

You must be a lucky one with a clutch that has lasted that long. Maintenance is notoriously high as well due to the AWD system, very expensive stock brake pads, and very expensive/quick to wear stock tires
expensive brake pads? well i pay 150 for front and rear pads.... and tires about 400 bucks. that is not expensive. unless you one of those that takes the car to the dealer and say " here guys change my fluids and tires while you at it cahnge my pads".. ofcourse its going to be expansive! they will give you a new hole!lol...

but hey dood listen this is my own two cent take it for what its worth..... i`m not here to fight with you.. for a reason you here in this forums....

Ps: no this is not my first car . i probably had more cars then you and your dad together.. i get bored with cars fast , but the evo on the other hand its one of the cars that gives me joy everytime i drive it.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and on the clutch thing..... there is lots of drivers out there that dont know how to drive a AWD car.. thats why there clutch dont last.