Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Anyone here use Zymol cleaner wax?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone here use Zymol cleaner wax?

Has anyone here use Zymol cleaner wax? I heard good things about it and would like to hear some feedback for those of you that have used or are using it. Thanks
Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i do and i use the zymol wax but not the one u buy in the store...its the one you have to order from the company. I love it
Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOKing8
i do and i use the zymol wax but not the one u buy in the store...its the one you have to order from the company. I love it
My only concern is that since its a cleaner wax, it may remove paint from the car. Ive already had paint issues and can no longer buff the car , so i have to be very careful with what i use. Kind of wish i never bought rally red if this was going to happen
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

used it today, car came out amazing just a b*tch to get the excess oil looking marks off. But all in all, it looks real good, took out every little scratch and all the dead bugs that nothing else could take out the paint.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 12:03 AM
Evolved Member

I use the store-bought stuff. It's ok nothing spectacular.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

Ive used it quite a few times as well with good results everytime.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

Bumping a very old thread, I know... Just curious though - for those that have used this, does it actually do the job of a cleaner, a polish, and a wax? I'm so used to doing the old 3-step process, so if someone could just kinda confirm this for me, that'd be cool. I am about to go and try it in a little bit here today, and it feels weird not using cleaner right after washing/drying the car. Any input is appreciated!

-Trevor
Old Jul 30, 2006, 08:03 PM

I like it for a good cleaner/ wax that's easy to use but I would use Meguiars separate polish and wax for dark color car. That's what I like about white cars. Really don't have to waste time polishing them.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

yes zymol is awsome my dad showed me some stuff on our prius that was 9 years old and i bought a brand new bottle and there was no diffrence i thing that is great quality just from the fact that it doesnt detiriorate at all..but heres something i learned....dont wax the whole car and wait for it to dry as you do with regular wax...with this stuff do 2ft x 2ft and wipe it away immdiatly but make sure you put extreme thin coats dont over do it....meguilers does not touch zymol the first thing i am buying for my evo is the japon kit from zymol...try it you wont regret it and if you dont like it send me your bottle cuz im kinda low...and its long lasting also... and sorry for my bad grammer kinda in a rush,..
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

i use to use it on my black 01 camaro ss and the results were great,hav,nt used it on my evo yet. i think i,ll give it a try this week.
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Great stuff.. I have been using it for a while now. I love it!
Old Jul 30, 2006, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Cool, yeah it seems to work quite well, but I kinda answered my own question today. From my experience, it seems as if it'll clean, polish and protect the paint, or at least the first two of those three. It definitely makes the paint look nice, but it doesn't really have a REAL cleaner effect like on exhaust soot and stuff like that. I ended up using some Meguiar's heavy cut cleaner to get that crap off the rear bumper, then used Zymol to finish it off (polish it up & protect it).

Overall seems very nice though. It took out some of these little tiny swirl marks that I've had for a while, so I'll continue using it...
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Yes I use the Zymol HD Cleanse before the Zymol paste wax .....the one you buy in liquid form is mixed here , not Germany