Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

clear bra install questions, cost,local etc

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2005, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clear bra install questions, cost,local etc

I got a proline clearbra that I want to have fitted to my new black evo. Any idea how much this should cost. I have only been able to get one quote which is 300 bucks, which seems a bit steep, but is from a reputable graphics company.

Plus, anyone know of other installers here in upstate NY or nearby?

I dont mind biting the bullet and shelling out the cash, if 300 is about right
Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Is it the pre cut style?

I had mine installed that was pre cut for the front of the hood, leading edge of the fenders and mirrors. It cost around $185 for that. I called maybe 8 places in Ohio the highest price was around $900. A graphics/tint shop in KY is where I decided to go.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

I was quoted 450 to install the pre cut. I bought mine on ebay (the kit) for $125. My local installer said that he prefers to use the non pre cut kit so that he can cut it himself. I am waiting to get it done as we speak.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

I assume it would be a ***** to do the front bumper if you cut it yourself. I would get the pre-cut kits to ensure proper fitting.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

so where can someone get the pre-cut? thanks...
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

www.stickercity.com did my install. They also can sell the kit to you, but i highly recommend getting a professional install it since it took a pro about 2 hours to do my car.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$799 here in Washington. That was for kit and install.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

I install the stuff, man you guys are getting cheap price quotes. a full blown bumper and hood fender mirrors would run like $650+ well that is unless you have live in an area where people are going cuthroat on themselves.

But the film is not cheap to begin with, and to find a good installer that has been doing it for a while to make it look clean, your going to pay money. If you get a guy that doesnt know what he is doing, it will look crappy in less then a year and you'll either need it redone or it will collect dirt and damage the paint.

Make sure who you go to is reputable.

but even up to $1000 is not un heard of for an install.

dustin
Old Aug 23, 2005, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

I heard the difficulties in getting a great installation, especially if you're doing it yourself... also the price... is it really worth it? Just wondering? I mean I would like to have it.. but if after all the hassle and cost, the bra make the car uglier than stone chip, i might just wait and accumulate the stone chip over time (years) then repaint them.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The one I had installed is a dealer add on. Of course they send it to another shop in the local area. It is the 3M stuff and has a four year warranty not to peel and lifttime not to discolor. Only had it on for about four months and believe me WA state sucks when it comes to rock chips:-(
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts
i got a piece on ebay and did the lights, mirrows so far, not too hard cause the surface is pretty flat. i'm planning on doing the hood and fenders soon. but i'm going to have to leave the bumber to the pros. plus, i'm planning on getting an evo 9 front bumper.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by RicochetGuard
I install the stuff, man you guys are getting cheap price quotes. a full blown bumper and hood fender mirrors would run like $650+ well that is unless you have live in an area where people are going cuthroat on themselves.

But the film is not cheap to begin with, and to find a good installer that has been doing it for a while to make it look clean, your going to pay money. If you get a guy that doesnt know what he is doing, it will look crappy in less then a year and you'll either need it redone or it will collect dirt and damage the paint.

Make sure who you go to is reputable.

but even up to $1000 is not un heard of for an install.

dustin
Completely agree!! I've seen low prices, but that is seriously low. It really depends on the quality of film and the quality of the design for the vehicle. This is pretty hard to do, thats why you don't see more people doing it! Anyway, you know the cliche, "you get what you pay for". Make sure they give you some type of warranty.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

damn! my clear shield was only $100 and its quality 3m protectant if your in the area (Las Cruces, New Mexico) hit up Auto Trim Design and tell them i sent you! :d
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

oh one more thing, it goes up to the vented area on on our hoods all the front bumper and mirrors it works wonders especially if you do alot of traveling on the highway
Old Aug 23, 2005, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by cecilia
oh one more thing, it goes up to the vented area on on our hoods all the front bumper and mirrors it works wonders especially if you do alot of traveling on the highway
So you only bought the piece for the hood? If that price INCLUDES the bumper, mirrors and fenders for $100 then that is a unbelievable price!! I cant even buy the length of 3M film to cut that for $100!!!

Last edited by 4G63; Aug 23, 2005 at 03:13 PM.

Quick Reply: clear bra install questions, cost,local etc