Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

brembo clear coat and wing clearcoat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Calipers and Wing are peeling on my '03...and I haven't even tried to replace them.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm over here in Washington State....I'll ask the dealership over here and see what they say.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

I had my calipers replaced about 4 months ago because the clear coat was peeling. I went to two dealerships and ended up calling Mitsu Corp and complaining. Eventually they were replaced under a "one time deal". Also, just last week I had my wing replaced becaues the carbon fiber was hazing over and chipping so they warrantied that also under a "one time deal". I presented them a TSB number for that though. Just keep fighting and hopefully you get the results you want.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an '03 and my wing is getting those dull spots on it as well. I noticed it about a month ago, but it was small and I thought I would just get it looked at when I got my next oil change. Well it just keeps getting worse(started out about 2" long and now is about 12" long. I am taking it to dealership tomorrow morning so we'll see what they say.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

I went to the dealer to day about my wing. It just so happened that there where 2 Reps there today...... so the service manager and the 2 reps looked at my wing. They took some pics and said they will call me when my new wing comes in...... i asked the reps about the brakes (mine are fine) and they said they are not going to cover them. I asked why and their responce was the brakes aren't part of the paint warrenty they're part if the suspension warrenty.......OK..... i said looks like there is paint on them to me..... his responce was the clear coat comes off because off the heat and small chips in the clear coat...... i said sounds like a manufacturing problem and he agreed with me and said Brembo has not done anything.......... so there you go!!!! thats the info i got today
Old Aug 23, 2005, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlmike
I have an '03 and my wing is getting those dull spots on it as well. I noticed it about a month ago, but it was small and I thought I would just get it looked at when I got my next oil change. Well it just keeps getting worse(started out about 2" long and now is about 12" long. I am taking it to dealership tomorrow morning so we'll see what they say.

That is exactly what mine did.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i've had my wing replaced but i've never tried to talk to them about the calipers...
Old Aug 23, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

To all who have had their wing repalced, did you have to surrender your old wing???
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:33 AM

Well I went today and my dealer said he would call me after talking to his rep. He seemed shocked at how bad it looked.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor

as meanmud said, are we able to keep the old wing, or do they keep it..
Old Aug 24, 2005, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
They take the wing and are supposed to send it back to mitsu.

I've also had all 4 calipers replaced along with the rear spoiler. I didn't have much trouble with my dealer or mitsu rep.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

It seems like getting the calipers replaced really depends on the dealership. It should be a universal thing, if one dealership does it, Mitsu should have all of them doing it. Luckily for me, I have afew dealers near me that I'm going to take the car to and hope one of them will do the calipers. Makes me angry just looking at it everyday, especially when the car is clean
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

the ny service rep is a huge d i c k and i wanted to kill him for what he was saying
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Take it easy dude

If he turns up dead tomorrow - they'll come looking for U

They can be A-holes though
Old Aug 24, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec
anyone in upstate ny have had there calipers replaced because of the clear coat comming off? or the wings clearcoat comming off? i tryed to get my replaced, i have an 03 evo with 11000 miles and the clear coats are chipping on my wing and completly off on my drivers side caliper. the a s s hole serivce rep from syracuse tried to tell me that someone used sandpaper on my wing and thats y the clearcoat is comming off. i was actually laughing in his face, he didint like that. he also told me that it was break fluid that got om my caliper and thats y that is comming off.my breaks have never been touched. so here i am looking at this guy and in thinking to myself wow what a penny pinching pillow bitter. i wanted to knee him in the face right there, but i was respectfull to him only because i have untill next july for my warente to be up and i didnt waht to jepordise that. the only reason i tried to get them replaced is because i have herd of many people on here getting it done. he told me that this wasnt a warente issue . after i had showed 3 other evos on the lot that had the same thing, i just said f u c k it and left. one good thing about them not replaceing my wing is, i would have gotten a s h i t t y half carbon half plastic one where now i have the all carbon one. so F them.
Misubishi knows that there is a problem with the calipers, and they will replace them, the dealer actually is paid by Mitsubishi to take care of this. Try another dealer. As for the wing, mine (also an 03) has a bleached out and peeling clear coat on the wing, and my local dealer took care of it. Mistsubishi is also aware of this too. Good luck....

Quick Reply: brembo clear coat and wing clearcoat