Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

brembo clear coat and wing clearcoat

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mttam510
Misubishi knows that there is a problem with the calipers, and they will replace them
I disagree based on my personal experience. They would not replace my calipers. Seems unfair that they replace them for some people and not for others. Makes absolutely no sense! I have a 2003 and was just under 20K miles when I went in for it.

The clear coat caliper problem thread is here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=129204
Old Aug 24, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mttam510
Misubishi knows that there is a problem with the calipers, and they will replace them, the dealer actually is paid by Mitsubishi to take care of this. Try another dealer. As for the wing, mine (also an 03) has a bleached out and peeling clear coat on the wing, and my local dealer took care of it. Mistsubishi is also aware of this too. Good luck....
NOPE i talked to 2 Reps they said they are not fixing it!!!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Call Mitsu then and ask why some people are getting them replaced and others are being denied. Don't give up.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 06:42 PM
byt
Evolving Member

is this a 03 specific problem?
Old Aug 24, 2005, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
NOPE i talked to 2 Reps they said they are not fixing it!!!
The people who you are talking to are giving you the run around. I happen to work for a dealer, we just had two cars that were OK'd for warranty on all four calipers. As far as the wing goes, mine was just OK'd, wing arrived today. Keep on them for sure. Like I said, Mitsubishi is well aware of the problem. Good Luck!
Old Aug 24, 2005, 09:01 PM

Is anyone thought about saying screw it and painting or powdercoating them?
I am thinking about get them done to match my car, and ordering brembo stickers and putting them on it. What do you think?

Thanks
Old Aug 24, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Don't blame Mitsu for @$$hole dealers and service departments.

Some dealerships know how to take care of you, and some just know how to get you to take your business elsewhere.
Old Aug 24, 2005, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

I just got my Wing replace on my 03 Evo with 32K miles and it wasn't much trouble at all.
First they had to ask the big boss to approve it. Took some pictures, call me couple days later say it was approved.
My service rep also told me there is a TSB about this. Although it says nothing about the carbon fiber part of the Wing but it did indicate that the paint tend to fade off.

But then again, my service rep is really really cool and very mod friendly.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliartist
Don't blame Mitsu for @$$hole dealers and service departments.
Again, I disagree. Based on my personal experience, I was told it is not covered by first the dealer (when asked why the reply was that Mitsu corporate said so), then by Mitsu corporate after calling the customer service number and creating a case for the caliper paint problem. Dealer is doing just what corporate tells them to.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

i just called another local dealship and they have not issued any new calipers. they also told me that the serivice rep bob disamone would have to see it and evaluate it him self. this is the guy that was a ***** to me and i told them that. so if anyone here deals with this guy, beware of his cockyness and his ability to be a d i c k .
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AzBlackEvo8
I just got my Wing replace on my 03 Evo with 32K miles and it wasn't much trouble at all.
First they had to ask the big boss to approve it. Took some pictures, call me couple days later say it was approved.
My service rep also told me there is a TSB about this. Although it says nothing about the carbon fiber part of the Wing but it did indicate that the paint tend to fade off.

But then again, my service rep is really really cool and very mod friendly.
Hell yea.....Sam, the rep, even check mine too to make sure it wasn't fadin, he then told me if it ever fade I should let em' know as soon as possible to get it replaced.......
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:29 AM
Account Disabled

I have the same issues, how do I fix this???
Old Aug 25, 2005, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtnct
Again, I disagree. Based on my personal experience, I was told it is not covered by first the dealer (when asked why the reply was that Mitsu corporate said so), then by Mitsu corporate after calling the customer service number and creating a case for the caliper paint problem. Dealer is doing just what corporate tells them to.
There are examples on this thread of people getting their calipers taken care of by a dealer/service rep.

If it was a blanket "no" from Mitsu, why were they helped?

The "corporation" will always be out to save money, so I do believe that you were stonewalled by them. Wrong person, wrong day maybe.

However, a good dealer/service manager will take care of you, because they want your continued business.

Mitsu does business with the dealerships. The dealerships do business with you.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliartist
If it was a blanket "no" from Mitsu, why were they helped?

However, a good dealer/service manager will take care of you, because they want your continued business.
Yes, the inconsistency that some people get the issue resolved and some do not is extremely puzzling, frustrating and unfair to me.

I'm quite certain the dealer I went to did everything they could for me short of paying for the calipers from their own pocket. I bought 2 cars from them already, they know I plan on getting other EVO and I also met the owner. I have a great relationship with that dealer and they are not just yanking my chain.

In my personal case, the hardball is at the corporate level...

This just shows how inconsistent the dealers/corporate depts are. Like you said, depending on who you get at what time and what mood they are in, the outcomes can be as different as night and day. That is just ridiculous!
Old Aug 25, 2005, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

been checkin this thread and decided to call mitsush*tty corp about this total *** Bill Adams (area service rep) denying my claim for my calipers and the obvious chipping off on the wing clearcoat. basically they said it was his and the regional guys decision and that is that. and the b*tch hung up on me. great customer service. what a company. so, it looks like if you live in the southwest, you stand a chance, southeast it seems some have had their calipers done, but if any of you live in the mid-atlantic and have to deal with this clown bill adams, you're outta luck and have no recourse. if anyone on here is a pissed as i am and wants to start a group claim, please let me know. i will never buy another car from mitsubishi

Quick Reply: brembo clear coat and wing clearcoat